"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:29:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Remove/Change the Drugs  (Read 1468 times)

Remove/Change the Drugs
« on: November 28, 2010, 11:24:35 pm »

In my opinion drugs are currently unnessecery micro-management. Also, a lot people build their builds with drugs in mind, i feel its a bit sense less in the end. So,

Why not removing the SPECIAL positive/negative effects. And change effects into more specific ones. Addiction side-effects could still affect SPECIAL though.

Jet
Positive: could boost the AP regeneration speed (125% of normal) instead of giving 2 AP, +Bonus move perk effect (for Turnbase porposes)
Negative: Reduce chance to hit by 16%, Reduce PE regarding range shotting (inverted sharpshoter perk without fov).

Addiction sickness: -1 total AP, Lower then normal AP regeneration speed(75%). Lower Intelligence (-5 so the char gets the idiot speech). Higher chance of critical failures.
Visually For fun: When character tries to say "give" "want" "need" he ends the sentence with Jet.

Psycho:
Positive: could give 10% more damage
Negative: maybe tunnel vision (lower FOV on sides and very low behind), -15 AC

Addiction sickness: -3 PE towards FOV. Lower Intelligence(-5). -10% DR. Higher chance to get injured.
Visually For fun: A random chance to scream a "angry" word when idle for 3 sec.

Buffout:
Positive: +10% DR, less chance for knockdown
Negative: -10% slower movement, -10 AC, Sneak Penalty

Addiction sickness: Inverted Stonewall effect. Lower Intelligence(-5).
Visually For fun: A chance for knockdown for no reason while not in combat for 3 seconds.

Ofcourse, all of those are just "prototype" positive and negative effects, their amounts aswell their combination is just a first drawing. Eitherway, this way, we can get rid of the "Junkie chars". For me, those seem pointless to exist, i mean, imagine "a wife making a birth and then after asks his husband, what is it? a boy? a girl? or a junkie?"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:57:54 am by kttdestroyer »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
Re: Remove/Change the Drugs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:51:45 am »

hmm you will inject Psycho in to Minigun to boost it dmg?

I like curently drug system, 95% of my friends likes i to, so why to change it?
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:29:19 pm »

I had tried to suggest changing of drugs system (though in a different way) and got only negative feedback. Tbh, I really liked your "visually for fun" points  :) But there is almost no sense to take drugs according to your suggestion. If we only had a chance to merge points of that and that suggestions and also add those "visually for fun" points from your suggestion, we would get the best drug system.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 01:34:36 pm »

I like curently drug system, 95% of my friends likes i to, so why to change it?

There is little point endlessly playing around with a system. The current one seems to be working ok, so if anything were to change with the system it would just be additions to it, or small tweaks to some effects.

As it is I'm busy with other things for a while, so drugs will stay as is for a while.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 08:22:25 pm »

Well, my main point with this was to remove the need to make a char especially for drugs, with for exemple lower strenght or whatever it is, the current drug system is just another Alt promoting thing in the game in my opinion. Thats why i tried to avoid the SPECIAL affection of drugs and make it usefull for all chars, not only chars build for drugs.

The effects and negative effects are pretty much wide proposals of what could be taken into consideration as alternative.

Docan, by the same ridicules concept of that how BRD works ;)

Graf, i like the idea with insta death (maybe knock out would be better though in my opinion). However, the second wouldint change much as far i understand towards the Junkie Build Alt creation which i see unnessecery towards the gameplay, its another thing that creates a diffrence between a player and a player (for exemple a roleplayer towards a pvp player).

Well, suggestions suggestions :)
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 09:55:14 am »

Currently the none drug builds can also benefit from drugs.
For instance a 4 EN sniper can use Buffout to get 6 EN.
Such a build will still have low hp, but does have higher EN for a battle.

The same goes on for most other drugs.
Mentats are an exception.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 01:13:34 am »

Currently the none drug builds can also benefit from drugs.
For instance a 4 EN sniper can use Buffout to get 6 EN.
Such a build will still have low hp, but does have higher EN for a battle.

The same goes on for most other drugs.
Mentats are an exception.

hmm... And i dont notice huge diffrence between 6 EN and 10 EN (without taking HP as aspect).
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 09:22:25 am »

The higher the EN the less chance you get injured.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 11:59:59 am »

The higher the EN the less chance you get injured.
Yeah, a bit, but not so much actually. I would like to see your SPECIAL having more influence on critical hit, not just 1-2% but more 10-20%
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.