"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Realistic drugs system  (Read 3235 times)

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Realistic drugs system
« on: October 17, 2010, 06:25:18 pm »

The idea, why I started this tread is that now there is no use of drugs in the game, and it definetely needs to be reworked. Yes, reworked. But why should I called it "Realistic Drugs System"? Well, imagine if in RL you take a tons of drugs every day almost without any bad feelings after using it. Seems to be strange, if you would take 2 packages of cigarettes, steroids, amphetamines, some strange military drugs, alcohol daily and still feeling well. Ok, that why it's here. I had reworked some of previous thoughts, so please read the whole post before replying.

Cigarettes is one of the most common drugs in both Fonline and RL. So, I think we should make it a bit more realistic this way:
Good effects:
Perception is increased by 1 point
If you take a Psycho and a package of cigarettes after that, then you'll get no intelligence decrease caused by Psycho.
Bad effects:
As you smoke one of these packages (note, that you getting smoked the whole package) in a row , you getting poisoned with a chance depending of your ENDURANCE. Still you could be cured with an antidote (this would give them some more use)
When total amount of smoked cigarettes is over 50 packages, you get a 5% chance to get one of your limbs got broken, which simulates an obliterative endarteritis
Charisma is decreased by 1 point.

Effect: After 5 minutes. Lasts 12 hours.
Addict: 50% of addiction. Perception is decreased by 2 points. 5% chance of instant-death for each dose taken. Effect lasts 720 days.

Nuka-Cola is a soft carbonated drink. Best to serve ice cold.
Agility are increased by 1 point
Damage resistance is increased by 5%
After you get 50 bottles, you get a 5% chance of starting phenylketonuria, which makes your character totally stupid and decreases its intelligence by 5 points.

Effect: Immediate. Lasts 24 hours.
Addict: 15% chance of addiction. Agility is decreased by 2 points. Effect lasts 7 days.

Jet makes you feel yourself fast just like a super-fast plane. And everyone around is still snail-slow. This is somehow affects almost everything inside you… and kills you slowly
Number of Action Points on active phase are increased by 2 for each taken dose
Agility are increased by 2 points
Strength are increased by 1 point
After taking 10 or more - 10% chance of getting charter's brain hurt (decreases intelligence by 5)
After taking 20 or more - user should take two jets to get the same thing as if he had taken one dose.
Damage Resistance are decreased by 15% after 12 hours.

Effect: Starts acting after 30 minutes. Lasts 12 hours.
Addict: 95% chance. Number of Action points on cooldown are decreased by 1 for each ever taken dose (while 3 is minimum). This means, that if character is already took a lot of jets, he would have 3 Action Points until he get another dose. 5% chance of instant-death. Effect lasts 1080 days (3 years).

Roentgen Rum is an alcohol drink. Be careful, it could make you an ugly idiot.
Charisma is increased by 1 point
Strength is increased by 1 point
Damage Resistance are increased by 5% for each dose taken.
Every time get another bottle, you have a 5% chance of instant-death.
Agility are decreased by 1
Perception is decreased by 2 point
Intelligence are decreased by 2 points
While used together with a cigarettes gives a 50% chance of getting poisoned.

Effect: After 10 minutes. Lasts 3 hours.
Addict: 10% Chance. Agility are decreased by 2 points. Action Points are decreased by 1 point. 5% chance of instant-death.

Gamma Gulp Beer is a common drug. Just as cigarettes is. And yes, you can make it in you home tent!
Strength is increased by 1 point
Charisma is increased by 1 point
Perception is decreased by 1 point

Effect: After 5 minutes. Lasts 1 hour.
Addict: 5% chance. Agility are decreased by 1 point.

Here's also one important suggestion, which could change the game significantly:
You can take any quantities of cigarettes, Jet, and Roentgen Rum but there is a 5% chance of getting instant death after using it. After using each other dose, you get a multiplication, which depends of your ENDURANCE. Something like this:
10 EN - x3 multiplication
8 EN - x4 multiplication
6 EN - x5 multiplication
4 EN - x6 multiplication
<4EN - x7 multiplication
This means, that if you have 10 ENDURANCE, then you could less of more safely take 3 jets and only 2 with 8 END.

That's seems to be all. Feel free to leave a reasonable comments.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:38:06 pm by Graf »

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
Re: Realistic drugs system
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:12:27 pm »

Ever tried smoking a cigarette in real life? It doesn't insta-kill you and it can't break your limbs. Trollthread, ignore it.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:17:59 pm »

Ever tried smoking a cigarette in real life? It doesn't insta-kill you and it can't break your limbs. Trollthread, ignore it.
Haha ;D Instead of claiming a huge work as a "Trollthread", you better suggest something REALISTIC (because this topic is about "realistic drug system") and interesting at the same time. If you just want to post anything, do it somewhere else.
By the way, I had explained why it have an insta-kill chance, if you didn't read it. I'll repeat for you:
Quote from: Me
note that you getting smoked the whole package
and as it said here, lethal dose of nicotine is 100-400 mg (up to 16 mg/cigarette and up to 320 mg in each package)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:24:39 pm by Graf »

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 07:21:08 pm »

FOnline is only a game - not a real life :>

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 07:23:59 pm »

Yes, because breaking an arm from a cigarette is realistic. Or dying instantly. Also how smoking a whole pack of cigarettes is realistic? They need to be split into single units in the first place. Also why would I get poisoned by a cigarette? Nicotine poisoning can occur if too much nicotine is taken but that's not ammount of a single cigarette.

Also this animation is a must:
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 07:25:39 pm »

Yes, because breaking an arm from a cigarette is realistic. Or dying instantly. Also how smoking a whole pack of cigarettes is realistic? They need to be split into single units in the first place. Also why would I get poisoned by a cigarette? Nicotine poisoning can occur if too much nicotine is taken but that's not ammount of a single cigarette.
I had anwered in previous post. And please, read the whole first post, before replying.
FOnline is only a game - not a real life :>
I know, that's why its called "realistic drugs system"

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 01:19:11 am »

I like the idea, just jet seems to have more cons than pros. It shouldnt be like the amount of times taken causes different symptoms... anyway with that table I doubt people would take it. I like the idea of getting poisoned.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 08:37:30 am »

I had anwered in previous post. And please, read the whole first post, before replying. I know, that's why its called "realistic drugs system"

It's game so why do you suggest "realistic" drugs? Your cigarettes aren't realistic ;) We need more fun from game - not simulator of life. If you want simulator you should play Second Life or Sims.
Every time you smoke another package, you have a 5% chance of instant-death
This isn't realistic and make cigarettes unless to use.

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 01:27:05 pm »

The game doesnt need realistic drug system. While it could be fun for one or two days experimenting with it, it would make them too unpredictable, which is not what the game needs. The game needs the drug as an valid alternative for some players. The current drug system, eventhough doubted in the begining, now proves to be actually quite well done: taking drugs doesnt make you superman, it just give you little edge with a proper build and also it doesnt hurt pvp because of no after effects that makes you unusable junk for half an hour.

Too much realism kills the fun. And talking about realism, isnt there more unrealistic features in the game then drugs? What about that replication thingie? Its not like everything other then drugs is realistic in this game. 

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 01:45:30 pm »

Bantz, Replication could be explained well, as it were done if you will respawn near Modoc. It's just the matter of imagination.
Also, please read first post again, as I changed quite a lot of things in it.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 02:28:17 pm »

I think that drug changes and pvp building are communicating vessels (i hope i used right en. term). Experimenting with drug effects and ignoring impact on char builds is bad way. Previous eras, there were 2 builds.. 3 burst biggunner and 2 shot sniper. Now there is a lot of usable pvp builds.

Also, current system, where if you take all drugs will not make superhero from your build is kind of realism. Try to take opiates and amphetamines :)
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 04:59:12 pm »

Haha ;D Instead of claiming a huge work as a "Trollthread", you better suggest something REALISTIC (because this topic is about "realistic drug system") and interesting at the same time. If you just want to post anything, do it somewhere else.
By the way, I had explained why it have an insta-kill chance, if you didn't read it. I'll repeat for you:  and as it said here, lethal dose of nicotine is 100-400 mg (up to 16 mg/cigarette and up to 320 mg in each package)
Cigarettes kill you over time, not instantly. We don't need a realistic drug mod system - not like this. I don't wanna play FOnline worrying about if my character will get cancer or not.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 05:26:08 pm »

Maybe if the suggestor of this thing would try to make some examples of modifications of current drugBuilds according to this changes. Maybe there can be some justification. From this point I dont see if those changes will improve fun and ballance or ruin it. I just see that it will complicate it and thus a am against this suggestion.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 05:40:40 pm »

I dont like you suggestions at all. First were playing a game as someone stated, not a Sim. Moreover, your drug system would make game REALLY complicated. Finally most of your describtions and numbers are just way too off - like "Effect lasts 1080 days (3 years)."

I agree with statements posted by Bantz or Lordus above. Drug system is better than it was before, what it needs is economic overhaul and more drugs to use -> adding bigger variety.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 06:46:57 pm »

Okay, thanks everyone here. I realized that this was a bad idea, to make that kind of changes. I just thought, that it would make some more fun... but it seems to be false. Moderators could close this topic if they wish.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:50:20 pm by Graf »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 3.86 seconds with 22 queries.