"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 03:22:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Where is the NCR Train station?  (Read 2154 times)

Where is the NCR Train station?
« on: November 19, 2010, 12:48:13 am »

I reported back to the doctor in VC telling that everything was fine, now where is the NCR train station?
Re: Where is the NCR Train station?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:41:17 am »

If you take the train related quest in VC, Boneyard or NCR you'll get the train station of that town.
You'll get VC and Boneyard station when accepting the quest, NCR station when finishing their quest.

Once you have a station, you need to travel by train from that station to the other ones to get them on your map.
At least that's what I read somewhere quite recently.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 10:30:58 am »

Is there a non-combat solution to NCR quest or do you have to get rid of the rail line gang with force?

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:23:28 am »

Just take the train from vc or boneyard to ncr, and it will be visible.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:30:53 pm »

Is there a non-combat solution to NCR quest or do you have to get rid of the rail line gang with force?

Not sure about this.
So far I was only able to do this with force.
If I don't forget it I'll give it a try with my 9 CH build this weekend.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 04:34:13 pm »

You guys are mixing up quests.  You need to kill the rail line gang, but that quest has nothing to do with the NCR train station.  To get to the NCR station, or any other station, simply ride there from another station.  You don't need to actually do any quest, just accept either the boneyard or VC one.  Then get 300 caps, buy 3 train tickets, and ride the train all the way to san fran.  Boom, you have all the stations.  Have fun walking back.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 02:25:40 pm »

You need to kill the rail line gang, but that quest has nothing to do with the NCR train station

When you go back to NCR to say you finished the quest and to get your reward, you should get NCR station on your map if you hadn't already.
At least that's what was in the text of the npc you had to talk to to finish the quest.
As by the time I did this quest already had the stations, I never checked to see if it actually is true.

I just tried doing this quest with my 9 CH build, but it can't do the quest.
I'm certain I haven't done this quest yet with any of my alts.
Not sure how to start this up, but I thought you had to talk to the guy in the 1st room of the bulding (looks like a merchant), than to the well dressed guy, than to Tandi. The guy in the 1st room is gone and the well dressed guy doesn't let me do the quest.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 05:53:12 pm »

Found the guy that activates the quest.
I could only finish it by kiliing the guys.
As my 9 CH build has only 2 LK, it might have failed on a luck roll if there's one.

On a side note once you've told you've killed the gang, you can ask a question and get told the train station is south east of NCR.
I assume you get the location too if you didn't have it already.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:55:00 pm by HertogJan »

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 08:10:36 pm »

Well my bad then, I've never actually finished the rail line quest.  But good to know.  Still, its easier just taking the train there from VC or boneyard.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 05:02:45 pm »

Well my bad then, I've never actually finished the rail line quest.  But good to know.  Still, its easier just taking the train there from VC or boneyard.

Yeah it is.
But my 9 CH build isn't really a fighter build, so the 1000 xp is nice.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.