"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:23:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Say goodbye to Awareness  (Read 4433 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Say goodbye to Awareness
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 04:32:29 pm »

And then, he kills you (or try to) because, well, you could be one of these guys with a lot of hit points and bad intentions.

I could. I could also be a neutral or APK guy who happens to have a lot of hp and tier 3 gear, but no bad intentions, and who will burst you dead if you attack, but not if you don't.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 04:40:08 pm »

But sadly the majority of players will react the other way. Don't suggest to remove one of the best helps for beginners (and for game experts as well, of course :P).
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 04:12:09 am »

But sadly the majority of players will react the other way. Don't suggest to remove one of the best helps for beginners (and for game experts as well, of course :P).

Yeah especially since it seems the pvp system is gonna be as is for while.  Anything we can use to survive we NEED.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 12:40:08 pm »

We don't have NC, if we take this way of gameplay, awareness have to be removed too.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 12:48:35 pm »

OK.

"Goodbye awareness!"
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 02:24:35 am »

OK.

"Goodbye awareness!"

Clap. Clap. Clap.

Congratulations. You have just earned Surf Solar's "A Raider and a Molerat walk into a bar..." achievment.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 02:37:16 am »

It's not the first suggestion for this kind of treatment to the awareness perk, but same as in the others, I agree.
Showing the exact amount of hp of the opponent is just bad in my book...
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 03:40:52 pm »

What about merc leader builds? Exact HP is pretty useful in knowing if i want to doc them or not super mutants could be down 100 hp and only be slightly hurt.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 05:47:43 pm »

What about merc leader builds? Exact HP is pretty useful in knowing if i want to doc them or not super mutants could be down 100 hp and only be slightly hurt.

That could be an exception, after all they are NPCs under your control, in some way. I like your reply, constructive critic. Something we really need in this forum. Thanks.
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 08:51:28 pm »

aybe awarness should show percentage of health? It will not show EXACTLY amount of HP, but you will know better about smeones health, then normal players without this perk...

But then it will be useless perk. With 3D graphics you will be alble to say what kind of armor or weapon someone is carrying and awarness wouldn't show exact hp... I dunno about this idea, coz it will make it useless ;/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 08:56:01 pm by Kirkor »
 Guitar Hero: Fallout

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 12:36:58 am »

aybe awarness should show percentage of health? It will not show EXACTLY amount of HP, but you will know better about smeones health, then normal players without this perk...

You already see this. "He looks:unhurt" "He looks:hurt" "He looks: Wounded" "He looks: Severly Wounded" "He looks: Almost Dead". They all represent percentage of players health. That's why I find the Awareness Perk utterly useless.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 02:53:34 am »

You already see this. "He looks:unhurt" "He looks:hurt" "He looks: Wounded" "He looks: Severly Wounded" "He looks: Almost Dead". They all represent percentage of players health. That's why I find the Awareness Perk utterly useless.

Well if you have 2 enemies lvl 1 and lvl 21, one of them having 10hp and 100hp youll curse you didnt burst the second one from minigun instead of the first one :p
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 03:17:00 am »

Yes, and? Awareness takes away all the "risk" you can do with this. "Oh look, that guy only has 100 hp, lets burst him." "Oh noez, that guy has 250, I run away.". It's just stupid.
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 11:01:24 am »

Nice idea. I like it. But its really useful to make an exception for the slaves / mercs / brahmins / dogs as was said a few posts ago.

RJ

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 01:18:01 pm »

@To "random dude entered my encounter" guys
Random encounters system (spawning distance, perception checks, placement, lack of information that someone entered encounter, rolls for random encounters etc etc) sucks and it has nothing to do with Awareness being in-game or not.

I agree that getting so little information about other players without having Awareness perk is bad... as bad as sticking to SPECIAL made for single-player turn-based game.
"Sanity... is for the weak!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.