"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:18:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Armor Class and Weapons  (Read 3165 times)

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
Re: Armor Class and Weapons
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 06:25:54 pm »

And what does Fallout have to do with D&D?

In fact nothing since fallout special is based on gurps mechanics :)
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 08:18:59 pm »

I think the BAs gives so much more resistance, a bonus to leather jackets AC wouldint be bad. BAs are larger in size, same as metal, harder to miss, and if a bullet slide, then its called hit for no damage i assume. The things is, overally i my opinion leather jacket users should be more agile. AC is one thing, there could be even some more specific bonuses/weaknesses in each armor. Leaving still the more expensive armors better in the end. Some exemples:

Leather jacket = Some bonus to AC and sneak
Leather Armor = Chance to loot x2 hides from geckos & brahims? Or maybe some slaver bonuses (+1 slave companion slots)
Metal armor mk1/2 = Got allready laser protection, making it uniqe allready.
Combat armor = Maybe 10% less chance to be hit in eyes? or 10% less damage when hit in eyes?

There are a lot ways to make armors uniq isntead of just, bad, medicore, better, good, great. Simplicity of PVP is good for balance, but not always great for fun in the end. However, as i am concerned there will be new graphics soon? Meaning more diffrent armors posibilities.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:21:17 pm by kttdestroyer »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 09:50:19 pm »

I think I remember reading somewhere, a long time ago, that the reason AC went up as the armour became more heavy was because it also modelled the chance of the armour to deflect the bullet away. It seemed stupid when I read it and it still seems that now. Could probably do with changing I guess.

AC should be more important upon the perk rebalance too (hopefully).

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:21 pm »

AC should be more important upon the perk rebalance too (hopefully).
Hmm.. so this means for just Dodger perk or Dodger and HTH evade?

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 10:21:15 pm »

Combat armor = Maybe 10% less chance to be hit in eyes? or 10% less damage when hit in eyes?
It should be about 20% - because the Combat Armor is the first armor with the HELMET - so it could give some more resistance - also bullets can slide - but i want give the rule to the game : "When armor is more bigger and heavier - its easier to get shot in it".
h

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 10:25:30 pm »

but i want give the rule to the game : "When armor is more bigger and heavier - its easier to get shot in it".
Makes sense.
You got heavy armor -> you cannot dodge bullets easily, but resistance gives you power to protect from them.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 10:28:24 pm »

Yeah that is what im saying
And the first one : - it will help newcommers in bluesuits  - they can easily avoid the bullets - but when they get shot - they got very very big damage (two rockets could kill bluesuit 220hp build)
h
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 12:17:13 pm »

You got heavy armor -> you cannot dodge bullets easily

You have watched Matrix too much. xD
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.