"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:09:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Player vs. Player System.  (Read 8865 times)

Re: Player vs. Player System.
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 08:35:05 am »

Pking isn't always abusing.
The very reason why this thread gets so much opposition is that we really do have players who aren't abusers or griefers but enjoy the free pvp. It's honestly something that doesn't exist in many games.

Very true Avv.  It is however often used against low level players who can't defend themselves or in areas where people can be abused like loading zones in guarded towns.  I know there are some legit pvp'rs out there.  Mic up above is a confirmed pk'r and it should be known I really don't want to remove pvp, and I'm still not a fan of the certain area idea though it has merit.

I agree with you on your other point also.  We ARE here to test things and to question things that may not be working as well as they could.

An option to my suggestion could be that only lower level players have the ability to un-mark for pvp.  Again accepting ANY of the actions that force being marked.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 08:44:55 am »

Remove the constant hostility from the game and you remove "fallout" from it.

The only thing I think this game needs is an invulnerability timer for 3-5 seconds (or the first action/movement made) when u spawn into RT pvp encs, to give people a chance to react instead of loading map dead.
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 09:10:22 am »

Remove the constant hostility from the game and you remove "fallout" from it.

The only thing I think this game needs is an invulnerability timer for 3-5 seconds (or the first action/movement made) when u spawn into RT pvp encs, to give people a chance to react instead of loading map dead.

I know that hostility is part of the fallout game.  And this is not an option of removing it, at least for those who don't want it gone.  But part of fallout's allure and popularity with its first games, was the fact that the computer gave you a CHOICE if you wanted to avoid combat or not.  Unless it was a scripted event or something in the zone got off a lucky shot you could run away.  Here traps, RT combat, and overpowered builds remove ANY choice you have.  You enter any of the previously mentioned encounters your choices are, give up your stuff, or give up your stuff.  Oh maybe you get the brief glimpse of a choice because you actually get to see the shots blowing you away, but I assure you it's a fleeting moment.
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 08:42:30 pm »

Yeah cause kill anyone a anytime you want is doing wonders for this games playerbase of what? Max players 400 ish.
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2011, 05:24:27 am »

Sadly not even 400ish anymore.  Something has gotta give in this game and right now it's people, they're just leaving.  There has got to be some way to fix the broken system.  I'm not saying every part of my idea is perfect, and there is more than a few people who agree the way things are is killing the game.
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 02:17:11 am »

I dont know what your bitching about, maybe you just really suck ass i've been playing for about month now and i've yet to be pk'd and ive visited most of the towns and been leveling pretty smoothly. The only reason alot of us play fonline is because of the completely open pvp, something extremely rare in a game these days.
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 12:58:54 pm »

Ok, I'm glad you haven't been pk'd yet.  Your information and experience is not typical of the normal game since you've only been playing a month.  The current server pop is not nearly as much as it used to be because players have left, or are waiting for the next wipe.  Now I was only talking about an addition to the game, or a modification of the current system.  People seem to miss this fact and think it's only about taking PvP completely out of the game.  In either case individuals with the means are currently unwilling to entertain any ideas surrounding the suggestion or any of the branches it has spawned.  So I will be making an attempt in the next few days of an idea that can reach some form of compromise people can live with. 

Though you have only been playing a month I would love to hear any ideas you have about how we can help this game appeal to more than one play style, and help increase it's player base.  Because all the current data shows that it isn't working in it's current system.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 05:51:36 pm »

if you cant deal with dieing dont play. this game is for the hardey people who can take a challenge, this is not wow.
but let me get this. I pk someone in a enounter loot him i get forced into next enounter and i cant fight with the player .....wtf.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 10:20:58 pm »

The only reason that most players come to play this game is full PVP system on every level , changing this system wouldn't bring new players to the game.

Wasteland is harsh and I love it as it is .
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:22:51 pm by 0m3n »
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 10:36:40 pm »

Don't they allready have a system like this.... in World of Warcraft?? ::) Open PVP world, wasteland is harsh! nowhere is 100% safe!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 21 queries.