"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 07:33:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: CBT3 - We knew how to test (20 proofs)  (Read 1872 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
CBT3 - We knew how to test (20 proofs)
« on: November 13, 2010, 02:30:24 pm »

As you all know, there were three OBT of FOnline. OBT1, in 2008, remained open for one week. There was only one game server at this time - what would become TLA - full of bugs and with no features at all ; OBT2 in November-December 2008 that was awesome, in which a lot of people participated (Cajuns, Bros, a lot of russians, etc, etc).
You have to know that OBT2 had a few bugs, but that cars, APAs, caps and high-tier weapons were everywhere (Good time...!). In the end of OBT2 (January 2009), FOnline 2238 developers decided to create their own server - 2238 - and started to modify the main FOnline "vanilla" (soon TLA) content. On August 15, 2009, FOnline 2238 and FOnline TLA went public, for the third OBT. This is where most of you started playing (Teams like VSB, ROgues, BBS, MDK, etc, etc if I'm not mistaking), more than one year ago. This is why I'm mentioning events that happened before this date, when only a few people played.

From January 2009 to August 15 2009, there were 8 months of Closed Beta-Test (CBT3), even if a simple PM to cvet (FOnline engine developer) was enough to get inside. On FOnline: TLA, a lot of russians tested the game, but on FOnline: 2238, mostly french guys tested the game - and it was a shame that the non-french testers were only a few (Road Warrior, Rusty, Tagatha, Tanner, etc.). This is true for most of these 8 months, but I have to say that some times russian people and english people were playing 2238 too.

CBT3 was, by then, the time of implementing 2238's main features (factions, bases, guarded towns, etc). As we, french people, were among the few still testing the game (watch credits ) devs were sometimes coming in our base to have fun and tell us what to test (this forum wasn't created at this time).

So, I thought I should share some screenshots from this period (Note: NPCs had their names displayed above their head, toggled with F7; and there was no FOV at this time).

Before the followers limit was set for each character.

The power rangers!

Beginning of tests about towns guards.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:34:57 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
Re: CBT3 - We knew how to test (20 proofs)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:38:12 pm »

Good times  :)

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 02:57:16 pm »

Looks like GM Dev abuse.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 03:49:14 pm »

I see on message log there was messages from original F2 with critical hits like "inflicting extra pain", why it's removed from now? Of couse it'll make more mess in RT if you want to see damage and critical effects, but anyway messages like "The blow knocks him to the ground." or "The loss of an eye is too much for him, and he falls to the ground."?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 03:50:20 pm »

I see on message log there was messages from original F2 with critical hits like "inflicting extra pain", why it's removed from now? Of couse it'll make more mess in RT if you want to see damage and critical effects, but anyway messages like "The blow knocks him to the ground." or "The loss of an eye is too much for him, and he falls to the ground."?

It has been removed temporarily some time ago, needs just a lot of work to be written back in then.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:01 pm »

Critical tables were modified, message were not. Yet.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:13:38 am »

you have nice pics.
What about One year ago screen?
Like Modoc Militia etc?

avv

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 09:51:27 am »

Closed betas are all about wearing weird costumes and slaughering hundreds of npcs.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 10:17:57 am »

you have nice pics.
Like Modoc Militia etc?
I'm sure there are people out there that have much better screens than mine for this period.

Closed betas are all about wearing weird costumes and slaughering hundreds of npcs.
Partly
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 01:21:39 pm »

you have nice pics.
Like Modoc Militia etc?

Check this one :)
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 02:03:33 pm »

Check this one :)

I whatched it some weeks ago ;)

~Izual
Nobody add it :/

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 06:53:14 pm »

Remember when Fonline was good?
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 08:37:51 pm »

Remember when Fonline was good?

OBT3 Second season... the best times.

OBT2 was kinda too much hardcore, mele fest and that hell was just... hell.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 23 queries.