Yes, I like it, but it needs some fixes and I'll clarify it on the topic
- 5 (26.3%)
I don't care
- 1 (5.3%)
I don't like it and I'll explain why on the topic
- 12 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [POLL] Endurance and drugs  (Read 1412 times)

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
[POLL] Endurance and drugs
« on: November 09, 2010, 01:11:08 pm »

That's my old-new suggestion, that may add a huge variety to the game: You can take any* quantities of any* drug but there is a 5% chance of getting instant death after using every dose. After using each next dose, you get a multiplication, which depends on your ENDURANCE (check a spreadsheet to make clear how many EN do you need).
Let me give a little explanation to this suggestion: This means, that if you take too much, your character dies and gets to the replication. Also, this should add some variety to the game-play in terms, that everyone would take drugs on some location with friends nearby, not on WM in order not to lose equipment.

VS.

*any - this means, that you can take up to 4 doses (if you have 10 EN) of any drug, even if it's the same type e.g. 4 jets, but nothing else, 3 jets and a pack of cigarettes or 2 jets and cigarettes + psycho... and so on.
Also, i've been thinking about how this could affect the game world, and I think, that it may get us back to the nearly same status, as it was before the latest wipe. That's where characters may have had up to 20 Action Points OR the character may get 95% of normal resistance... just think about it. BUT, there is a difference: with implementing of that suggestion, every junkie gets a huge risk, while taking too much.

Reasonable comments are welcome, trolls please go somewhere else. Thank you.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:35:54 am by Graf »

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
Re: [POLL] Endurance and drugs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:02:37 pm »

I don't like it because:
a) I don't want my char to die after taking one dose. There are plenty more fun ways to die.
b) I don't want people to have 20AP
c) I don't want people to have 95% DR
d) The numbers are suggested are from outer space.  34295%? So you die not only once but 342 times?
e) There's no need to buff characters with high endurance, more HP is enough of a bonus.
f) The system proposed favours people that can afford to waste 20-50 psychos  just to get an edge over other players. In other words big, rich gangs. Big, rich gangs don't need a buff, because they are big, rich and gang-ish.
g) I'm a flamin' troll and I haven't been feed.   
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 06:34:14 pm »

Current drug system is very good. But there is one thing that i miss and it is in the current system.

Before wipe and even now, you use drugs to make your char more stronger than without them. Your build gameplay is determined even before you create it. I would like to see mechanism, that i will choose drug as a solution of some problem in the game.

I.e.: there is more enemy, i need to leave, so i take psycho and run away. Or i see enemies in armors with high DT, so i will take drug that will little reduce this.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 07:39:23 pm »

d) The numbers are suggested are from outer space.  34295%? So you die not only once but 342 times?
LOL no, any number in the spreadsheet, that is more than 95% means instant death. Your character can't die more than one because of one drug (cpt. Obvious was here). Moreover, if you're not a member of any big and powerful gang - than it's your personal loose and this is absolutely no reason to make game rules oriented to that kind of players.

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 09:56:00 am »

... if you're not a member of any big and powerful gang - than it's your personal loose and this is absolutely no reason to make game rules oriented to that kind of players.
But I can still dislike the idea, can't I?
I don't shift items or caps to alts, I don't shoot noobs, I don't hang out with gangs, I don't have a metal armor, I don' steal or tent-fallow, I don't use big guns or turbo plasma, my chars don't have 200+ hp... Can I still play this game or must I move to Hello Kitty Online?
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 10:04:06 am »

But I can still dislike the idea, can't I?
I don't shift items or caps to alts, I don't shoot noobs, I don't hang out with gangs, I don't have a metal armor, I don' steal or tent-fallow, I don't use big guns or turbo plasma, my chars don't have 200+ hp... Can I still play this game or must I move to Hello Kitty Online?
It could be a best decision, imho ;D
Anyway, let's move back to the topic. I've added a new spreadsheet, this one have different multiplication. I've added these number from "outer space" and made it kinda easier. What do you think of it?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:34:27 am by Graf »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 12:28:16 pm »

Well as it seems real to work that way, we dont need more aspects of the game to work solely on chance
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 02:26:32 pm »

you're not a member of any big and powerful gang - than it's your personal loose
I will tell ya something. I was a member of a gang, that was in an indeed big alliance(the unfamous anti-pk ally). And you know? That was my personal loose. Playing a self-sufficient char that isn't limited by his gang is better imho. I can rule the wasteland myself ;)

avv

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 05:33:41 pm »

we dont need more aspects of the game to work solely on chance

This be true. Percentages just cause frustration.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.