"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:25:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anti PK system  (Read 2814 times)

Anti PK system
« on: November 08, 2010, 02:15:54 pm »

I was wondering why devs don't apply a system which works in such hardcore MMO like UO or EVE online?

Don't know weather this can technically be implemented but here is my idea:

For each kill that a person makes without being shot back he looses standing with all guards in all sequre towns. They won't shoot him, but they will not protect him also. His name turns red for everyone but his faction untill a set cooldown. When cooldown ends he can be normal again.

This does not cut PK drasticly, but kinda makes people think twice before killing 100 blueshirts and then running to the secure town where they can't be hurt to sell loot.

What do you guys think?

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Anti PK system
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 02:18:28 pm »

Umm, wrong subforum?

And I think it's been tried, but gank-consequence can be bypassed by an alt. (Ganking-alt, and Ganked-Gear-Seller-Alt)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

avv

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 02:21:23 pm »

Because theres no pks or anti-pks in fallout.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 02:23:26 pm »

Umm, wrong subforum?

And I think it's been tried, but gank-consequence can be bypassed by an alt. (Ganking-alt, and Ganked-Gear-Seller-Alt)

Increase relog time to 1 hour *evil laugh*
anybody caught relogin too quick is banned because of fast-logging.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 02:26:04 pm »

I really love this idea ::)

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 02:28:15 pm »

This been discussed millions of times. Use search function. There is no all-seeing-eye over everyone in the wastes, why would anyone in NCR care about someone killed somewhere in the desert?
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 02:30:26 pm »

This been discussed millions of times. Use search function. There is no all-seeing-eye over everyone in the wastes, why would anyone in NCR care about someone killed somewhere in the desert?

Maybe because this is a game, not an RL simulator? Oh yeah, i got hit by a car yesterday but its ok - i got respawned...

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 02:37:24 pm »

No, no no, you have it all wrong about it being a game, it's a big, fat, juicy ganking simulator, where in 85% of the cases you are the Gankee.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 02:41:44 pm »

Maybe the dude that had been killed before came to NCR and told guards about this, or may be there are was his friends, you know, there are a lot of situations like this...

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 02:42:41 pm »

But there is anti-PK system - buy a gun and start hunting PKs  ;D
You expect to run alone in a pajama in the post-apocalyptic desert, and be safe?

Though I agree reputation penalties for murder in towns are to small... I think it should be like -2000, if anyone else has seen you.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 02:49:03 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 02:48:28 pm »

I hope you are joking ;p

No, no no, you have it all wrong about it being a game, it's a big, fat, juicy ganking simulator, where in 85% of the cases you are the Gankee.
Its not that bad. I mean, there are PKs, I died few times coz of them BUT it's not so tragic as you try to say. If you are careful etc. You should be safe most of times...

Maybe the dude that had been killed before came to NCR and told guards about this, or may be there are was his friends, you know, there are a lot of situations like this...
Ye.. you were killed, so you decided to tell about it to guards. lol...

Maybe implement 'redname' for unjustified killing, when NPC sees you killed someone. Then guards shoot you on sight for some period of time. I think it was something like that before. Why it's not in the game now?
 Guitar Hero: Fallout

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 02:51:26 pm »

come on people its always the same discussion

one time there is "its just a game, not RL"
then it is "Waestlund is hursh, this is not easy"
then there is "its realistic, who would do that in the atomic desert and survive?"
then we have "srsly only a game, fun > realism"

We want a noob friendly, not exploitable, realistic (but not when it comes to cooldowns), hard, all-loot open PvP game that doesn't make the newbies or ganked ones cry and let the ones armed and high in numbers feel manly.

Next time someone suggests "hey lets divide through zero guys"!

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:59 pm »

come on people its always the same discussion

one time there is "its just a game, not RL"
then it is "Waestlund is hursh, this is not easy"
then there is "its realistic, who would do that in the atomic desert and survive?"
then we have "srsly only a game, fun > realism"

We want a noob friendly, not exploitable, realistic (but not when it comes to cooldowns), hard, all-loot open PvP game that doesn't make the newbies or ganked ones cry and let the ones armed and high in numbers feel manly.

Next time someone suggests "hey lets divide through zero guys"!

Did You just?

Oh shi-

Anyway You have forgot about "It's not fallouty". ;]

Truth is we have no freakin idea where Dev's are heading to. We have suggestion subforum and updates from time to time but there is none bigger goal. ...or at least I don't know it and am lost :P
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:55:59 pm by vilaz »
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 05:10:46 pm »

Thats exactly the reason why i am playing FOnline. Hope devs will keep it this way.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 05:14:19 pm »

Everyone was a newbie. New players will soon gain experience. Anti-pk suggestion reminds me of suggestions for Eve online such as "lol make the game easier it's too complicated" - no. It's there to filter carebears from players that actually will play the game.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.