"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 10, 2024, 03:09:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.  (Read 67841 times)

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
Re: A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2012, 02:21:27 am »

What about cows?
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2012, 03:19:38 am »

Has to do with number of dogs. Dogs count as mercs. Not sure the exact formula
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:01 pm »

1 cow base and 1 extra cow per 2 dogs.

(GJ on updating that post Phoenix)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:33:20 pm by Slaver Snipe »
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2012, 12:59:12 pm »

So with 1 charisma i can travel with just 1 slave? IF i drink beer then i will be able to capture 2 slaves, right?
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2012, 01:15:35 pm »

So with 1 charisma i can travel with just 1 slave? IF i drink beer then i will be able to capture 2 slaves, right?
You can capture 2 slaves anyway, you need charisma to travel with them. You can have 1 at tent a 1 with you if you have 2 charisma.
From what I understand with 1 charisma is pointless as you can't travel with them, you would need to use beer for 1 to travel with you, mentats for 2 to travel with you.

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:17 pm »

I see. I asked only becouse i was wondering if becoming slaver would bring me any caps profit. It seems I'll get more caps by simply selling spears or sth...

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2012, 03:04:05 pm »

Maybe you should consider creating a specialized slaver alt for making money that way, it can be quite profitable... In any case more profitable and less time consuming than selling spears IMO.  ;)
SECTION 8
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2012, 03:41:14 pm »

The thing is I dont really wanna play with tons of alts :P I'll manage somehow, i just need starting money to get proffesion levels. Then money wont be a problem ;)

PolarBear315

« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2012, 07:44:26 am »

It seems like, you can leave a slave or mabey a merc at Querry, command to mine, anyone get their slaves to mine? I notice their is none running around in mine right now.

Their are alternitives other then just command to make mine.

Like loading their packs full of rocks.

Otherwise, the function was buggie ( pre update ) and I havent tried it since...

Thaks for the details on the commands for flea and returne.
Does that apply for slaves of any kind or mercs and slaves have difer commands.

Good souce for information thanks for the infor.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:39:19 am by PolarBear315 »
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2013, 06:32:25 pm »

magnetic personality I know kitty wont talk with 10 agil will she with 9?

BOS Armorer

• Yes, my armor is black, got a problem with that?
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2013, 12:48:20 am »

magnetic personality I know kitty wont talk with 10 agil will she with 9?
Get addicted to something, i forgot but it's either Buffout or Nuka-Cola, addiction decreases agility. And there is a lot of confusion and scattered info, so I will just post this and hopefully it will not have to be repeated.
SLAVES ANYONE can have 2 slaves, that is the default. For every other human companion(Wastelanders, mercs, ghoul/mutie mercs) the amount of slaves available is increased by ONE. Slaves take up no PP, but the maximum amount is to have 7 melee ghouls (245 PP, Good Natured does not allow slaves ;)) which will allow 9 slaves in all. Note, however, that you will require 10 Charisma just to take all the slaves around. The formula for carrying anything, from animals to companions to players, is just your ch(it includes you! 1 ch you can only go by yourself)
MERCS Mercenaries can be obtained according to party points, ranging from 35pp (Melee ghoul) to 100pp (Big guns mutant) per merc. Maximum is 8 melee ghouls(280PP) or 3 BG Mutants(300PP)
COMPANIONS Companions, also known as travellers or wastelanders, each take up 70 pp. Their stats, level(Certification anyone?), weapon type, and equipment is determined upon their spawning in the town. See my post in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,20246.30.html for follower locations. Most is 4 Companions (280PP)
DOGS Dogs can be obtained infinitely for a very cheap price and, as far as I know, cannot be enslaved like brahmins or slaves. They take up 40pp each, whether it's the attack dog or the red scout dog. The maximum is 7 dogs (280PP)
BRAHMINS Brahmins are affected by dogs, for every two dogs you own, a new spot opens for a cow. However, everyone starts with one. Brahmins take up no PP. The most you can have is 4 brahmins with either 6 dogs(240PP) or 7 dogs(280PP).

Hope I helped, hope this will not need to be reposted, and please correct me if there is something missing/wrong/incomprehensive!
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2013, 11:47:33 am »

BOS Armorer - what you jsut wrote should be made into a new stickied topic, and the pre-wipe one should be deleted, it just breeds confusion :/

I have some questions of my own, tho':

1. Will the NCR shoot me on sight? Like if I would want to get the awareness perk and would have to get into Shady Sands.
2. Will the mine guards shoot me in NCR and Junktown? (Someone wrote that they do) What's the best place to send slaves to mine, then?
3. Someone wrote that you need to give jet to slaves to keep them from attacking you or fleeing or something, is that true (there's nothing about it on the wiki)? Wouldn't that be terribly expensive?
4. Is Palid's slaver build valid after all the changes? I would suspect that the hich CH would be useful for the PP for the mercs enabling to keep more slaves, but who'd really need such a big group?

I'm thinking of making a similiar slaver but with 7CH instead of 9, that would enable me to have 4 slaves with 2 mercs, right? What's the best way to spend the remaining 2 points?
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2013, 03:11:03 pm »

Can't answer 1 and 2.

3) I never gave anything to my slaves and they never stopped to be loyal. But I never bought slaves to Metzger, maybe only them need to have Jet.

4) The build is totally outdated for a simple reason: not enough speech.
100 Speech is a minimum, because this give you magnetic personnality. This build allow 3 Ghouls mercs, so 5 slaves. If you can't have more than 5 slaves 9 Charisma is useless.
Don't forget you need Party Points to get mercenaries, but only when you buy them. So you can raise your charisma with drugs at this moment, as 1 Cha = 10 PP.

To take the example of this build:he has 105 PP (90 PP with 9 Charisma, 15 PP with 45 Speech); instead of 9 Cha you can put only 6, and take 1 mentat and a beer when you're buying your mercs.

You can make a good slaver with 8 Cha; he can have 5 mercs, so 7 slaves.
5 mercs (ghouls) require: 5 x 35 PP = 175 PP
And this character will have: 80 PP (8 Cha) + 50 PP (Magnetic Personnality) + 33 PP (100 Speech) + 20 PP (Mentat) = 183 PP
You need few skillpoints and you have a lot of slaves

You can have less slaves, 5 for example and use what I was talking before (about the outdated build).
3 mercs require: 3 x 35 PP = 105 PP
So the character can have: 60 PP (6 Cha) + 20 PP (Mentat) + 10 PP (Beer) + 15 PP (45 Speech) = 105 PP
Or you can do (drugless): 60 PP (6 Cha) + 33 PP (100 Speech) + 50 PP (Magnetic Personnality) = 143 PP

You can do the same thing (like just above), with 6 slaves. You'll need 7 Cha, and this will give you 153 PP (without drugs). And 4 mercs need 140 PP.

I think it's better to have enought charisma to lead all your slaves at once on worldmap, but it's not forbidden to have less charisma.
You can have 5 mercs, so 7 slaves with only 5 or 6 charisma. But it's boring to take often Mentats.
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »

Thanks! That was very helpful.

So do I understand correctly that with the builds you describe the mercs that enable having more slaves are supposed to stay at the tent? Seeing as CH+magnetic personality is the maximum size of the travelling party.
« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2013, 10:56:34 pm »

Yes, you can't use Ghouls mercs because they are too slow.
Their only use is to help you to have slaves without using lots of Party Points.

But if you want you can imagine a slaver who travel with his mercs and slaves.
You will have less slaves, but if you want to play this way, do it :)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 25 queries.