"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 25, 2024, 09:22:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.  (Read 69731 times)

Re: A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2011, 03:55:34 am »

OK, Why cant I get my slaves to mine? :(

I've tried in NCR and Junktown mining sites.  According to previous posts I should be able to in NCR mine.  I don't even get dialog option to tell them to mine.
have tried with 1 slave, and 2, 3.  gave them sledges.  tried without.

What am I doing wrong?  Is something broken right now?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2011, 04:02:25 am »

NCR is gaurded by "Rangers" and they won't let you use slaves to mine even though there is clearly a slaver branch in ncr....

Junktown is just bugged afaik.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2011, 04:18:16 am »

Thanks,

I'll venture elsewhere.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2011, 05:21:49 am »

there is clearly a slaver branch in ncr....

It's outside Shady Sands walls and eventually gets erradicated.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2011, 12:46:37 pm »

It's outside Shady Sands walls and eventually gets erradicated.
  But it isn't eradicated yet:P 

And NCR has gaurds around the place so even if it is not inside it's walls it is still technically NCR controlled.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2011, 12:54:14 am »

They even use slaves at the NCR mine... I hear the NPC's shouting at the slaves to work harder there.
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2011, 01:13:00 pm »

Alright so Ive been hunting with slaves, trappers, homesteaders, scavengers, crazies and some of them have been armed with SMGs and they never burst, which is good, happened once that a trapper bursted when he had a FN FAL but no harm done. I think that there should be a certain setting so that they dont burst, that gives you alot more range for arming your slaves and not worrying about them killing your other slaves.

Also, slave mining, should also be more settings. My slaves never dig ore, only minerals. Does anyway btw know if you can wait at world map when your slaves are mining and theyll keep going? And how much does it take to lvl up a trapper?? Killed alot of molerats in realtime with them (until the buttbuddies in the NCR army came along).

Cant slave mine in junktown, worked in gecko earlier today. Going to try NCR.

Can you bring slaves on the train?

The questions are endless, when you assign a slave does it keep the old attack settings? Is there a gm on this forum i can pm with all these questions? Really need answers.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:25:00 pm by Newton »
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2011, 12:33:31 pm »

Alright so Ive been hunting with slaves, trappers, homesteaders, scavengers, crazies and some of them have been armed with SMGs and they never burst, which is good, happened once that a trapper bursted when he had a FN FAL but no harm done. I think that there should be a certain setting so that they dont burst, that gives you alot more range for arming your slaves and not worrying about them killing your other slaves.

most of followers burst when they got big chance to hit (like when someone is lying on floor and slave is one hex from him).

Also, slave mining, should also be more settings. My slaves never dig ore, only minerals. Does anyway btw know if you can wait at world map when your slaves are mining and theyll keep going? And how much does it take to lvl up a trapper?? Killed alot of molerats in realtime with them (until the buttbuddies in the NCR army came along).
most of slaves are bugged and cant lvl up.

Cant slave mine in junktown, worked in gecko earlier today. Going to try NCR.

i saw somewhere that slaves are not allowed to mine in this public mines( NCR and junktown)
Can you bring slaves on the train?

yes you can but they need a ticket too (you need to have their tickets in your inventory)
The questions are endless, when you assign a slave does it keep the old attack settings? Is there a gm on this forum i can pm with all these questions? Really need answers.

probably yes, but not sure
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2011, 07:09:39 am »

I have a question..

Say someone takes mentats or beer and it allows them to have an extra few slaves. What happens when the effects of those drugs wear off? Do they still have said slaves? Because if they do, slave builds would only need 6 charisma. All they have to do is take magnetic personality and mentats along with beer. That would make them have 9 Char + magnetic personality allowing them to capture five slaves. It would only work if slaves don't disappear once the affects of those drugs wear off.

It has the potential to change everything for slaver builds, maybe allowing you to dump those three leftover points into intelligence. This would let slavers get better professions. Again, it's just a theory; the whole drug thing needs to be tested and I'm fairly new to this game.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:23:44 am by Chahal »

JovankaB

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2011, 09:16:07 am »

Say someone takes mentats or beer and it allows them to have an extra few slaves. What happens when the effects of those drugs wear off? Do they still have said slaves?

Yes. You only need 9 CH when enslaving/buying new mercs. You can walk around with them with 6 CH.

You didn't discover some big secret, I think most people know that already
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:22:42 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2011, 10:26:36 am »

But that doesnt work with followers. With mentats, u can lead them, but after that, it says: 'u cant lead group that size' or something similar, and you cant move. The only exception is: you can still lead them, but until first mous click (so if your destination is SF from VC, you can travel, until you encounter something).

I thought it works similar with slaves. Are you sure Jovanka?

JovankaB

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2011, 11:39:11 am »

But that doesnt work with followers. With mentats, u can lead them, but after that, it says: 'u cant lead group that size' or something similar, and you cant move. The only exception is: you can still lead them, but until first mous click (so if your destination is SF from VC, you can travel, until you encounter something).

I thought it works similar with slaves. Are you sure Jovanka?

With 6 CH and magnetic personality you can lead 6 NPC / players on map. The formula is differnt for buying/enslaving and "leading". the point is you don't need 9 CH to use all 5 mercs / slaves, only to aquire them.

Or you mean that it doesn't work for real people? Of course, because you don't buy them.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:51:25 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2011, 01:01:14 pm »

Ok i see. I hope that this is a bug, not a feature. Because its pushing you to abuse, for saving SPECIAL points.

Similar case is: getting proffesion via drugs, but this is somehow logical: u have to be *not ugly* to get proffesion, but there is no need to be *not ugly* for crafting.

More logical will be opposite situation: anybody can buy, enslave people, but you have to be charismatic to force them go with you. enslaving is just punching/firing and using rope. Why the hell u need charisma for that?!
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2011, 02:42:02 pm »

To make the stat useful? Otherwise why would anyone have ch higher than 3? Besides you get a massive boost in firepower for special points, so it's a fair trade off, you shouldn't be able to have a super powerbuild and still have 5 followers destroying people.
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2011, 04:16:07 pm »

You dont get what i wrote Slaver. I have exact point as you.

charisma should be checked not only when u buy/enslave npcs, but when u travel too.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 26 queries.