"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 01:24:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Changelog 26/01/2010  (Read 7559 times)

Re: Changelog 26/01/2010
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »

The only real complaint I have with the -100 is that it seemingly makes there no punishment to killing someone in town. (Just got minigunned point blank in ncr and he walked out of town then walked back in to try and get the gear. Crowd got the gear - they were like vultures. Combat armor does that to people I guess.)

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 03:17:08 pm »

The only real complaint I have with the -100 is that it seemingly makes there no punishment to killing someone in town. (Just got minigunned point blank in ncr and he walked out of town then walked back in to try and get the gear. Crowd got the gear - they were like vultures. Combat armor does that to people I guess.)

Well I like it becouse now crafters will have a chance of getting friendly with several factions again, I don't get it why crafters must be punished so hard just becouse they want to get a 3d level profession.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 03:19:11 pm »

Because we don't want to have "faction hopping".
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 03:23:38 pm »

So make faction karma traits incrasing/decreasing reputation permamently, regardless of the standard reputation system! Or attach inc/decr to the profession lvl (vide Gunsmith Small[3]), as it was done before wipe. For example:

Gunsmith Smallguns [3]
Level of profession blah blach achieved due to the joining Raiders, blah, blah.
Effects:
- Gunsmith Smallguns crafting level 3
-1000 rep in VC
- 500 rep in NCR
+1000 rep in Bishop Family

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:28:48 pm by Szef »
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 03:57:43 pm »

Then do not require dramatic faction changes to obtain crafter levels? Perhaps if there was a driving reason to be on either side (such as opposing forces in other mmos) I could understand but being forced to go bad pretty much means you have to have an alt to keep interacting with the majority of the playerbase positively.

I really can't argue about the -100 for faction karma in regards to crafting. When I first read it I was pretty excited. Then I noticed a dramatic jump in killing at the NCR bazaar. (I have an extremely biased view in that regard. Less so now because of the rollback.)
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 03:59:58 pm »

the reputation decay thign needs to be remove - it will only result in massive jump in PK ing in "safe areas" and expecially where guards are weak.

If you wan a way to rise it for those that got it lowered by crafting or accidents then make a bribe/donation system where player can pay to reduce his negative carma in one of the main cities - the cost should be geometric in growth the more negative rep player has.

Also make a limit to it - player can use this feature only once every ... month  or so... and rise rep by max 2-3k with chosen faction

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 04:51:12 pm »

If you wan a way to rise it for those that got it lowered by crafting or accidents then make a bribe/donation system where player can pay to reduce his negative carma in one of the main cities - the cost should be geometric in growth the more negative rep player has.

The big factions have enough money anyway. So they could abuse it even more.
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 05:18:52 pm »

thats why i said limit it to one per month or so and geomettric growth of cost -> 10k - 100k 1mln .. XD
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 06:10:56 pm »

I agree with that, it's not a matter of money but a matter of time. If you have to wait for 20 days before you get back your karma in a city when you kill someone i think it's enough dissuasive.

Quote from: Attero
the reputation decay thign needs to be remove - it will only result in massive jump in PK ing in "safe areas" and expecially where guards are weak.

The thing is, when you shoot or kill someone you still get very bad karma, and the decay is much lower than the malus you get from shooting. -2000 each kill versus +100 a day. Having a bad karma in a city is VERY annoying, especially when you are experiencing a battle in that city versus another gang. Better to have to best karma you can in every city.

Another example, i got -14k reputation in Modoc, cause everytime i want to get out, some npc run after me and i have to kill them if i want to end combat. I only kill one guy once and now i have this -14K (many people have experienced this). Everytime i get into this city i get -1000 or -2000 each time i want to get out. Now, i need to wait for 140 (!) real-time days if i want to be ok with Modoc's citizens, that an huge amount of time and i think i deserve it, because i killed them a lot of time.

Anyway if i want my karma back, i need to stay out (can't go even once) from the city during a large amount of time, and i find it realistic in somehow, they probably forget about me especially if another people also got bad karma in it, they would have someone else to run after.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:12:56 pm by HawK-EyE »
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 08:16:40 pm »

Then make factions useful

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 09:02:31 pm »

Later.
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 09:20:35 pm »

the thing its still "free" reputation clear - sure if you PK in a spot over and over you will get to point where simply you cant get good karma - but you knew it all along .
thing is people will use their chars they rarely play to pk in safe cities way more , as now sooner or later the reputation will get cleared "For free"

thats why i say , make it limited , and make it ccst quite handfull cash - lets say once every month you can rise your rep by 3k for 50k cash with selected faction...

Resp

• I'll shoot second =]
    • spnet
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 07:57:15 pm »

Did I say 10? Lies! It was meant to be 100, no idea what I smoked when writing that. Will fix it right away (will work after next restart).
100 points per real day in game?
at now i have 10 per real day offline and some online
I'm sorry for my poor English. Please correct me, I will learn
"Hell," said Tanner. "That's my name...." (с)
http://wasteland.spb.su/fo/?s=2&t=4
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.