"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:21:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Player(or faction)-driven shops  (Read 1636 times)

Korusho

• Beeop? BEEOP! BEEEEOOOOOPPPPP
Re: Player(or faction)-driven shops
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 07:44:36 pm »

Awesome Idea. It gives player driven economy more meaning in this so not player driven economy.
I wonder if this tripwire has enough BZZT in it...

NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 09:14:08 pm »

And yes, the shop can be robbed <-- Cut that part out and i'm in.

I also think that:

1. There should be some private shopkeepers for lone players.
2. Shopkeepers should spam from time to time what they are selling

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 09:16:49 pm »

im thinking there should be trader and faction will give him stuff to sell i no one want to stay there all day
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 09:36:17 pm »

Personally, i dont like it, it would go against player interaction. The good trader, does not only have the goods, but also is good at selling those (putting his goods into peoples hands and taking money). The current problem with trading seems to be more about not big enough amount of players, which limits the potencial buyers/sellers for a single trader.

Instead, i think something like open bases that would work like a player ambassady (secret cave should remain secret still), could be a place for interaction with the gang and maybe trading aswell. With fair amount of defences that is to be able to stand of a larger force. Could be like a fortress or a small town surrounded by wall, which could have upgradable buildings / shops / special buildings.

The base/town could be destroyed, not captured, like the attacking team can set a bomb on the generator (which is like a flag, which the defending team must protect), and it counts down, every player on the map will be blowed up when timer reaches 0. And after that, all buildings will be destroyed and it will remain visible only to faction members of the base (the attacking team will not be able to camp the base after victory). Until its power generator is repaired, it will remain unvisible, during that time the owning faction can rebuild all service buildings and defensive towers / turrets / walls / militia in peace, when they think they are ready, they can repair the generator to start everything up (everything in base will be unusable without power) and the base becomes visible again.

:)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.