"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 09:30:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New HQ mining site  (Read 2386 times)

New HQ mining site
« on: October 10, 2010, 11:15:15 am »

This was probably suggested before. (I haven't found any similar topic though)

I was just thinking that it would be nice to have a chace to get some HQ minerals and ore in the southern part of the map. Now it is really annoying when you are playing mostly around Boneyard, Hub, ... You have to travel all the way to Broken Hills (which is the closest one) with reduced travelling speed. Not mentioning when you get killed and have to go back with no protection.

Maybe there could be some highly irradiated abandoned mine with toxic lakes not far from The Glow. Then there would be more use for rad-x and rad-away.
And placing there Uranium ore could reduce camping of Broken Hills mine and give energy wapon crafters more opportunities where to go. (And someone at Necropolis could refine it)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: New HQ mining site
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 12:34:00 pm »

Here and here are similiar topics.

I've started to make map that could be used for a Glow mine for example:

Cool, huh? :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:34:34 pm »

Cool indeed!
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:38:48 pm »

Yeah, a tile away from the Glow is about the only place I would say a new unguarded mine could be placed.

The actual mine (underground part) would be irradiated, but the above-ground part would still allow players to fight, camp, etc.

And yes, Wichura's map looks good.  ;)
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

avv

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 12:45:46 pm »

The actual mine (underground part) would be irradiated, but the above-ground part would still allow players to fight, camp, etc.

Why camp? Camping an exit grid shouldn't be encouraged in any way. Having an irradiated mine would be very good because it encourages quick in and out missions and brief fights.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 01:14:18 pm »

Nice work :D Just place there some dead bodies and bones here and there and the atmosphere is complete. :D
I like it when there is not so much open ground for snipers.

But you can fight/camp there. You only have to take some anti-radiation stuff. Or do you think that it is impossible to get some in game? Or do you think this will be too much griefing for PKs?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 01:24:30 pm »

Not bad project. We need more high quality resources mine. I support this idea.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 06:27:28 pm »

Please make HQ something south :/ it really needs some hq mine.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 07:43:58 pm »

Here and here are similiar topics.

Doesn't look bad! :)

Although I wouldnt do that for the glow... Everything in the surrounding of glow is just vaporized, there aren't any buildings or such anymore. Maybe more for necropolis, or even boneyard... Dunno, it's maybe just because I like the crater idea of mine you linked to. ;D

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 05:43:45 am »

Looks interesting for sure  :)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 02:34:53 pm »

Good work but i heard that in future, there will be no HQ materials and because of this, this map could be obsolete.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 12:27:47 am »

But you can fight/camp there. You only have to take some anti-radiation stuff. Or do you think that it is impossible to get some in game? Or do you think this will be too much griefing for PKs?
PKs? Are you saying it should be a guarded HQ mine? If it is unguarded, then, yes, there are going to players that most likely will kill you. That's just how the game works.

My point was that the inside would be irradiated to prevent people from spawn-camping the mine, but the outside should still be unguarded to still have fights around HQ materials. All I'm saying that if a two-part (Inside has Materials, outside has spawn points from World map) mine map is used, then the inside should be irradiated so people can't spawn-camp the one or two entrances. (To answer your other question, I doubt campers are going to take Rad-X/Away just to camp a mine entrance, so that, again, wouldn't be a problem as far as camping goes.)

Wichura's map seems to be an open (outside) HQ mine, hopefully with multiple spawn points so that people couldn't easily spawn-camp the zones, then that wouldn't even much of a problem anyway.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:29:49 am by Dishonest Abe »
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 02:44:12 am »

Good work but i heard that in future, there will be no HQ materials and because of this, this map could be obsolete.

what is this rumour about removing the hq metarials and the high tier crafting from the game? i see it all over the forum.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:53:21 pm by Nyarla »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 03:42:56 am »

what is this rumour about removing the hq metarials and the high tear crafting from the game? i see it all over the forum.

I don't believe Solar has said anything about removing HQ materials.

What is going to be changed, not a rumor but fact, is that 3-tier crafting Professions will be gotten rid of, but that doesn't mean the 3-tier equipment won't be able to be crafted. People will need blueprints to craft these weapons, which can be gotten from some quests, and also crafting access through different NPC factions fighting each other, or something like that.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:45:40 am by Dishonest Abe »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 22 queries.