Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Which Idea you think is better?

Idea 1 (mine outside the city)
Idea 2 (mine inside the city)
Neither Idea

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Opening an unguarded mine near or in Necropolis.  (Read 11098 times)

Surf

• это моё.
Opening an unguarded mine near or in Necropolis.
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:51 pm »

Hello.

I thought, I'd share some ideas in how to make the southern towns on the worldmap a bit more attractive.
Right now, there aren't that many players (I'm talking about Junktown/Hub, or even the boneyard).
Most of the players decide to live in NCR, because it's "safe" and normal mines and unguarded mines aren't far away.
If one lives at the hub for example, it's a very long way to the next unguarded mine. So people don't even think about in settling there.

And now here comes my idea: Opening an unguarded mining site in Necropolis!
Basically, there are two ideas, I've brainstormed with RJ on IRC about that. So I'll present both of them.

Number 1: The Mining Site is outside the city, in an urban map.

I imagined this, like a normal urban map as said, but with a huge crater in the middle of it. As the bombs fell on Necropolis, one hitted the outskirts of it, and revealed a very old cave system, in which some nice ressources are in. It is unguarded, because the surrounding city is dangerous and some people fear the ghouls there. The entrance to the cave would be similar like in the glow, a rope to climb into the crater. I don't know if it's possible, but for more then 1 entrances it would be good to have 2 of such craters.

It could be located here:

Number 2:
The mining site is inside the city.

Idea 2 is basically using the sewer system Necropolis has. Imagine, some mutants "scouted" the town and killed some of it's inhabitants (like in FO1). Due to the fighting, they accidently destroyed some walls in the sewers and released an old cave/mine. Later, some wastelanders scavenging the ruins found out that the materials down there are of high quality and started digging them. It should be unguarded, because of obvious reasons. It would be good, because the mine would be integrated in the city and right now nobody visits necropolis. Also, there are many entrances to the sewers.

So basically this suggestion is meant to make the south of the worldmap a bit more attractive, to make more people live there and not just in one town (ncr).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:23:40 pm by Surf Solar »
Re: Opening an unguarded mine near or in Necropolis.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 07:12:01 pm »

great idea.
+1

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 07:19:31 pm »

+1, from my whole orphanage, full of southern noobs. So actually it will be like +20 :>

Anyway great idea.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:28:05 pm »

+1, As I am one of Wichura's man. And he order me to write so.

But for real it's great idea. Just realize if some gangs have their base on south of map world, it's about 30 hexes from gecko mine. It would be great, when driving to mine takes less, than gathering hq in there.

Currently retired.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 07:30:11 pm »

Thanks. :)

I also added a poll, feel free to vote there. It would be cool if you write why you like the idea you've voted for.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:32:00 pm by Surf Solar »

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:46:58 pm »

wtf who voted for no? Scared of having to travel across the map to kill some bluesuits for their sledgehammers?

but seriously. its a good idea and it makes sense. Id prefer to have it inside the city, which will make killing gecko caravans less profitable(they lower your necropolis reputation right?)
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 07:54:50 pm »

And if we are talking about adding mines here - guarded mine with regular ore and minerals is missing near VC I think.
Isn't VC interested in having their own mine camp? :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Arry

• TTTLA
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 07:57:28 pm »

+1 I voted inside the city, then it should be more alive there, with more smoothskins

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 08:10:41 pm »

+1 Inside the city would be good. People would finally start going to Necropolis. And having a base in that area has definitely made getting HQ mats a huge challenge just because of the distance.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 08:12:27 pm »

+1.

I voted for a urban map outside the city, because it could be designed more challenging for both PKs and miners.

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 09:03:55 pm »

+1 inside the city, just to attract some more people there, why add more areas when you can improve already existing towns ;) (I actually dare to say that Lexx would agree on that, if not.. well he better post it here then)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:13:48 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 09:15:07 pm »

The Hub definitely needs this.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 09:21:44 pm »

I like this idea very much, although it shouldn't be too easy. Necropolis is too close to populated places like the Hub and Junktown, and wouldn't be that much of a struggle from NCR (I would do it instead of of BH if this option became available).

In this case, I would vote to make it more south of Necropolis. I like the idea of it being in a city, but the city is too close to guarded civilization, so make it a couple tiles south of Necropolis. What would be nice is if it could be a place with many places to hide for cover, like broken old buildings, but anything would be nice, really.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

RJ

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 09:59:02 pm »

but the city is too close to guarded civilization

Gecko mine - Vault City... Also if you think it will be somewhat safer because it's on south you are most likely wrong.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:01:37 pm by RJ »
"Sanity... is for the weak!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.