"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:33:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More Locks  (Read 1254 times)

More Locks
« on: June 05, 2010, 06:02:45 am »

I am familiar with locks. I've used them, ALOT. Currently the game only supports key locks, which are great IRL for limiting access to "a Locker". Not so good if lose the key. While in the military, one of my jobs was "De-Locking" padlocks using "the Universal Key" otherwise known as Boltcutters. If you don't want to use a 50lb cutting tool, 1 minute and a hacksaw can do the trick. Or a crowbar, sledgehammer, or rocks if you don't care about being stealthy. Unfortunately the lock is always destroyed. Unfortunately I never learned to pick locks. In the game, there is no option to beat the shit out of a lock with a sledge hammer, but there should be.

An alternative to using key locks is the use of combination locks that require a certain combination of numbers to open. Spin the dial a few times, move the dial left to 20, right to 4, left to 52. Everyone that knows the combo, has access, which is both a good and bad thing. Additionally Combination locks are generally easier to "lockpick" as it doesn't really require any special tools. A good sense of hearing and touch and you can feel out each number. Combination and keylocks have about the same requirements to make, and are about the same level of technology.

Cipher Locks are a variation of the combination lock that require 2 or more numbers to be pressed simutaneously in a certain combination.

Electronic Locks offer a greatter protection, but there is an issue of battery life.

Anyways, my suggestion is that there should be more variations of locks in Fallout.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: More Locks
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:15:51 pm »

I completely agree with this, in fact I was about to post the same thing (in less detail).

You should start a poll

Re: More Locks
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 09:15:14 pm »

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.