"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 09:59:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Outdoorsman and annoying encouters.  (Read 7320 times)

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
Outdoorsman and annoying encouters.
« on: May 23, 2010, 10:41:46 pm »

I'll make it short. While travelling on the world map, you should be able to SKIP any encounter that you are able to without any notice, I'll explain.

Fe. after replication, you want to get somewhere quickly, but you can't, even though your outdoorsman is high, you always have to skip all the damn encounters. It's especially annoying if you alt-tab a lot in fullscreen mode and your window starts blinking because of some scorpions. It's f**** tedious!

My proposal here is that, in a corner of the interface there should be a little option to tick, "If possible, skip any encounter", that'll work as an automatic NO after the window with the option to go into an encounter plops up.

Cheers.
You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Outdoorsman and annoying encouters.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 10:53:05 pm »

So what would be the point of outdoors?
All the travelling on WM would lost his interest.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:00:36 pm »

Crazy, but the option would be "if possible" so it still would depend on Outdoorsman...
I like this idea.

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:04 pm »

Crazy, but the option would be "if possible" so it still would depend on Outdoorsman...
I like this idea.

Yes, indeed. It would just skip the window that plops up and lets you continue travelling.
You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 12:36:37 am »

he window skips itself after few seconds..

My suggestion: watch the screen. You are playing a game afterall right? not some O-game bullshit where you click and wait
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:44:09 am »

Don't alt+tab than and encouters are skipped if you have enough outdoorsman
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 10:04:31 am »

lol making suggestion because you like to alt + tab? stupid...

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 11:27:21 am »

I partially agree, there should be some option:

"avoid any encounter" meaning the possible encountered encounters would be dismissed... although if encountered it would take you into the worldmap as usual, I dont see any bad side of this some tick option on the right :P
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

avv

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 12:04:32 pm »

Basically every encounter should be avoidable. They don't posess any other role than loot and exp. If a player isn't interested in either why are encounters showed down his throat?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 12:09:15 pm »

And why do we keep NPCs at all anyway ?
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 12:36:21 pm »

Basically every encounter should be avoidable. They don't posess any other role than loot and exp. If a player isn't interested in either why are encounters showed down his throat?

I concur, its really silly. Outdoorsman is to avoid trivial enciounters like scorpions and to increase the choice to go into the battle or not, so I disaggree

My idea doesnt change anything besides auto NO clicked by the system ;), it would make travelling as fast as possible, but I think this is of low priority
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

avv

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 01:57:06 pm »

And why do we keep NPCs at all anyway ?

What I'm saying that some encounters have no role at all. And even those with role are mostly just distracting players when they are on something else than encounter hunting. For example spore plants, rats, pigrats, dogs and such are just useless critters. Nobody actually dies in them, except nubs. There's no meaning for their existence. They are just fossils of fallout singleplayer games where critters served as difficulty barrier.
Then we have harder encounters, they might even kill players occasionally but when they do what's it for anyone? The stuff is lost and the encounter disappears, there's no causality.
What should be done is that players should be able to avoid most encounters if he isn't interested in them. I mean if the player can run away from the dogs, why must he enter the encounter in first place? Outdoorsman could then just affect finding cool encounters, future profesion, travel speed and whatnot.

Useless critters could either give loot or guard places with loot.

Then we could have some actually unavoidable encounters that had to do with factions and prevented certain players getting somewhere too easily but that's another story.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 01:59:21 pm »

I concur, its really silly. Outdoorsman is to avoid trivial enciounters like scorpions and to increase the choice to go into the battle or not, so I disaggree

My idea doesnt change anything besides auto NO clicked by the system ;), it would make travelling as fast as possible, but I think this is of low priority

Indeed, it's not something that needs to be implemented ASAP, though I figured this would be a nice feature, since sometimes I'm forced to play fullscreen mode, which makes travelling and being doing something in the meanwhile really tiresome(compared to windowed).

Of course random encounters should stay, as they are the basis for player killing and always give some adrenaline when walking around the world map with valuables. That makes the game more fun. My suggestion is nothing more than just an interface improvement.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 02:01:21 pm »

I strongly disagree in disabling those "useless" (  ::) ) encounters.
They are there for the flavor, or even to gain the first few XP. I don't know what's so hard about simply running away from those critters. Is it such a pain in the ass to watch what you are doing instead just alt-tabbing out?

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 02:16:31 pm »

I strongly disagree in disabling those "useless" (  ::) ) encounters.
They are there for the flavor, or even to gain the first few XP. I don't know what's so hard about simply running away from those critters. Is it such a pain in the ass to watch what you are doing instead just alt-tabbing out?

Yes, it is, especially if you have to run across the whole map, endlessly getting senseless encounters such as geckos, sometimes even three times in the same square. Besides, the suggestion is to add a button that would automatically skip encounters that you are able to thanks to outdoorsman, not to remove critter encounters.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.