"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 12:12:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: End to Random Respawn  (Read 6089 times)

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
End to Random Respawn
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:32:00 am »

So I know everyone hates the random respawn. On my way to my base today I died about twelve times and made it there about two times. I think respawn should instead be at your tent, base or hotel room. Of course having more than one of these would cause problems, so it would go

tent<base<rented room because if you're paying for the room, obviously that's where you want to go.

To prevent abuse, you would only respawn at the tent that you made, not the one your friend made while you were in his party. And with bases, only the one that you are a member of, not one that you're a friend of. This could possibly work with NPC faction bases, but I can see Enclave members getting a bit upset about respawning at Navarro everytime they die. Maybe there's some other solution to that someone else might come up with. If you don't have any of these, your fate is up to whether or not random respawn is still in effect. I still think something like you spawn within 15-20 squares of where you die in some predetermined camp/farm/location (which I really like because there's an actual explanation of how you got there).

Indirectly, this might force more interaction within your faction because almost everyone will be spawning there.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: End to Random Respawn
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 09:44:31 am »

you already solved your problem in your own post. Buy hotel room if you dont like respawn. Wasteland is harsh man, dying was never suppose to help you, you died you take your punishment for that as a man :>
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:31:50 am »

you already solved your problem in your own post. Buy hotel room if you dont like respawn. Wasteland is harsh man, dying was never suppose to help you, you died you take your punishment for that as a man :>

While this is true, the problem lies at buying that room. Good luck finding a free room. There are like what? 15 free rooms for all those players? Add a big hotel near NCR already.

Arry

• TTTLA
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:16:14 pm »

+1 vedaras

I don't like this suggestion, random respawn is a good feature, it should'nt be ended. If you want to take the desert as a coffin don't be upset to respawn at LA. More, it prevents from abuse in Pvp and TC.

Imagine, faction-peoples just have to make a tent near the city and they respawn just near, with stuff and stims, ready to fight again...

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 01:43:16 pm »

How can you die 12 times on your way to your tent? Regardless to what point of the map I want to go, I never die 12 times. Do you run straight lines to your target point? Or is your tent near Navarro?

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 02:13:46 pm »

How can you die 12 times on your way to your tent? Regardless to what point of the map I want to go, I never die 12 times. Do you run straight lines to your target point? Or is your tent near Navarro?

I lol'd hard. Big words Lexx!
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 03:18:30 pm »

Not really. Seriously. I travel from south to north without dying once, without using the train.

It needs some time, but it's not hard.

avv

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 03:59:02 pm »

Right now the irrational spawning is the only thing preventing people from not giving a wholesale damn about their lives. You're not supposed to die all the time or put yourself intentionally in high danger situations. That's not surviving in the wasteland.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 04:15:12 pm »

While this is true, the problem lies at buying that room. Good luck finding a free room. There are like what? 15 free rooms for all those players? Add a big hotel near NCR already.

+1

I think they should keep random respawn, but when you go to hotel you can ALWAYS "buy a room".
Instead, with lower price, you don't really have a room but simply respawn to the innkeeper. This system is already used in many other MMORPGs.
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 04:30:28 pm »

What about this.. if your char has 100 and more outdoorsman, you will randomly respawn in that half of map (North or South), where you die, if you have 150+, you will respawn in sector where you die (N, S, W, E), if you have 200+ outdoorsman, you will respawn in the closest respawn point to your dead corpse.

This could help non powerbuilds in pvp, imo.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 04:34:50 pm »

What about this.. if your char has 100 and more outdoorsman, you will randomly respawn in that half of map (North or South), where you die, if you have 150+, you will respawn in sector where you die (N, S, W, E), if you have 200+ outdoorsman, you will respawn in the closest respawn point to your dead corpse.

This could help non powerbuilds in pvp, imo.

you lose fight, the fight is lost, look forward for another and try not to suck next time. Fights never suppose to be the kind where you keep fighting till someone is fed up and leaves map.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 04:41:04 pm »

you lose fight, the fight is lost, look forward for another and try not to suck next time. Fights never suppose to be the kind where you keep fighting till someone is fed up and leaves map.

I will always create PvP char with maximum skills in fight ability. As a member of pvp gang, i am part of some organization, logistic, tranport system.. But player without this background is in disadvantage. This could help him.

Fights are here because of fun, not because of ridiculous dogma.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 04:43:03 pm »

Actual lack of PvP balance in this game make "suck" a personal and irrelevant consideration
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 05:27:13 pm »

I will always create PvP char with maximum skills in fight ability. As a member of pvp gang, i am part of some organization, logistic, tranport system.. But player without this background is in disadvantage. This could help him.

Fights are here because of fun, not because of ridiculous dogma.

outdoors itself is advantage :> no need another.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 05:55:54 pm »

Bunker base. Endless Walkers. TB because my connection goes in and out sometimes. Whoever gave them enough ap to chase after me after I've run as far as I can and then hit me multiple times (which ends up being like 14-20 AP) needs to rethink this. It's actually just these I'm pissed about.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.