"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 07:29:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: End to Random Respawn  (Read 6514 times)

Re: End to Random Respawn
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 06:08:11 pm »

you just need to invest some SP to outdoorsman or use RT to avoid endless walkers. They are not on every grid of map.

Anyway it would be always good to let players have the choice of their respawn location. As long as you payed your rent you can respawn in hotel lobby even all rooms are all taken. Respawn in tent/base is not a good idea.
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 01:52:09 am »

well i kinda like the idea of respawning somewhere near where you died. When it happens to me (randomly) i think its pretty cool; Died in San Fran woke up 3 spaces from where I died... it is kind of hard to believe that if you die in NCR you wake up in Klamath... How did you get there? Probably got dragged around by a Deathclaw who suddenly decided that after 3 days of chewing on you decides that you taste like shit and throws you away but miraculously you get saved in the nick of time by a random friendly wasteland doctor doing it out of his own free will and not for the caps...

... ... ... ? It is kind of funny but highly unrealistic... when you really think about it its kind of fallout anyways; a realistic unrealistic world.

still tho it makes me feel immortal as a char but on the other hand is kind of funny to think of the hundreds of ways you could of made it from one side of the wastes to the other with negative -333 hitpoints... maybe if there was just a limit to how far of a space you can respawn ex. dying in NCR respawns you on the bottom southside whereas dying in Modoc places you near the far North side... this will stop the whole "oh I respawned 20min from my depot... might as well just die again and see where I end up, c'mer radscorpion"

Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 05:27:15 am »

I HATE The Respawn System, makes death a real bastard, First you loose youre stuff. Then You spawn on the other side of the World.

Getting Pked was bad enough, But Now its not easy to get back to where you were on the Map...

So my Advice for people who hate the sucky ass respawn system, get More Outdoorsman.
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 08:15:37 am »

Add a big hotel near NCR already.

Yes, my lockpicker is bored.

Also: People, please stop trying to carebear this game.

You get to be RESURRECTED.

Then complain of inconvenience.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »

yeah, the endless walkers are a bitch in TB, it's RT that actually matters against these buggers.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 03:55:16 pm »

In first era, the you respawned in the nearest respawn point, if you died.

This was hugely abused by players:

Unarmed PvP builds attacked and cripled us again and again, because they were in minute back in the battlefield.

Modoc was PvP arena n.1, because respawn point was closest to this unguarded city, more than any other.

If you PvP, your enemies had tents or bases near this locations, so you killed them and they were back in 1-2 minutes with their full equip.

Becaus of this, they created current kind of respawn system.

They forget, that you have a weak, that fights are in multiple cites because of capturing etc. etc., so i dont know, if this current system is neccesary. At least, north or south half of map will be better.

But current system little helps against powerbuild. Not many powerbuilds have outdoorsman skill. So for me and people around me, it was sometimes impossible to travel across the map back to my base, so it was better to die in encounter and hope of better respawn point location... = FACT
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 05:10:43 pm »

You disable random respawn, people come back moments after being killed. This creates a shitty situation where every time a big battle goes down the losers come back as bluesuits and loot stuff - both unrealistic and immersion killer.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 17 queries.