"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 09:21:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Limit maximal skill%  (Read 14221 times)

Limit maximal skill%
« on: April 28, 2010, 03:46:24 pm »

I suggest limitation of skill % exemples:

Small guns - max 80%
Big guns - max 50%
Energy Guns - max 80%

- THOSE ARE EXEMPLES MAYBE HIGHER % (120%, 150%) WILL BE BETTER. those are not finnal settings those are suggestions.

Limitation of max skill% include unarmed and melee too!

Also limit other skills %, First Aid, SNEAK, Steal, Lockpict , Repair

Pros:
- End of insta-gib eye shots, now aiming in eyes is seriuos risk of mising for big reward!
- more misses, like it suppose to be in mmorpg, pvp - players live much longer
- players use ammunition and weapon detoration!
- powerbuilds are no more - they cant rape caravanas or crafter-fighter builds
- PS - Charisma - now is important couse its better to have more pleyers with you when go hunting with 80% or 50% as max in guns skills!
- Pps. Fists, knifes, spears, hammers - back in game
- Ppps. No insta thievery with 250% Lockpick or Pickpocktet - you can park your buggy in NCR now :>

As an overpowerness of bursters with this idea - Burst now for 14AP, to be burster you need 10AG, fast shot, Bonus Rate of Fire and 2x Action Boy - this will limit Lifegievers perks and in case of some builds Bonus Ranged Damage perks.

14AP IS SUGGESTION. IM NOT SAYING IT HAVE TO BE 14. THINK DIFFRENT COST OF AP IS BETTER? OK LETS TRY WITH 9AP FO EXEMPLE.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:12:01 am by Frosti »

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Re: Limit maximal skill%
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »

Lmao, limit of skills - not best idea, but I don't dissagree, but 80% for small guns and 50%... you want to hit still for 5-10 dmg?
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 03:49:59 pm »

you want to hit still for 5-10 dmg?

I want balance! Just look at list of Pros of my suggestions :>

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:50:20 pm »

Excuse me ? So with your suggestion, only viable pvp build would be fast shot pistoleer and also with 10 IN, I could max almost every skill in the game ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 03:51:16 pm »

and why, the skills are limited enough as they are, unfortunately i can't help but say how shitty gameplay will be if it is implemented, because the only bastards that will have 95% eyeshots will be melee and unarmed, who will be unhittable, and then i'd say that all guns should have infinite ammo, just like in most mmorpgs, bigguners will still own, bad idea, very bad idea...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »

Actually, if players dont have the possibility to hit an eye wirh 95% possibility fights could be more interesting.
But I dont think many people will like it. ;)

Lmao, limit of skills - not best idea, but I don't dissagree, but 80% for small guns and 50%... you want to hit still for 5-10 dmg?

The number of points invested in a skill has nothing to do with damage multipliers.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 03:53:37 pm »

The number of points invested in a skill has nothing to do with damage multipliers.
But in hit chance - yes. So everybody will shot to torso because they will got inhere the biggest chance.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 03:54:17 pm »

i think he meand all smallgunners will be running about with mausers

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 03:54:21 pm »

Good joke Frosti ;).

PvP certainly need some balance but this will not bring anything good my friend.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 03:55:12 pm »

Good joke Frosti ;).

PvP certainly need some balance but this will not bring anything good my friend.

No? Just look at list of pros. Give exemples why limiting max skill% this is not good.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 03:56:00 pm »

it's already limited at a reasonable level, 300% and i like that

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 04:01:15 pm »

it's already limited at a reasonable level, 300% and i like that

300% and we have FOnline : fallout 2 deathmatch

Just look at list of pros of limiting ( serious limiting of skill %) it fixes almost every problem FOnline currently have.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 04:13:45 pm »

There more I read this the more I like it. Atleast we could try it out for one or two weeks, maybe after next wipe, when everyone has a fresh character.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 04:14:25 pm »

300% and we have FOnline : fallout 2 deathmatch

Just look at list of pros of limiting ( serious limiting of skill %) it fixes almost every problem FOnline currently have.

yeah sure, and we cap at what level, 8? Besides, BG will still own. And pvp will just change weapon type. Pancor Jackhammers will be popular instead, and afcoarse the scoped hunting rifle. Unarmed and melee builds get the buff of their life (my ripper build will be glorious)

If this is implemted 90% of all the builds will have 10 pe, since you can't aim properly with 80-100% small guns.
But the real problem? It won't buff crafters, they will get owned just as much as they used to be. Pvpers will be wearing CA + miniguns/Pancors in no time. And it will just be like it used to be.

avv

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 04:17:04 pm »

This thread has important point. Too high skill potentials encourage alts and makes players almost immune to fails at the skill they have mastered. Accuracy related issues could be solved in many ways, but all in all max 180 or 200 would be enough for every skill. Raising a skill seriously over 200 is such a huge investment that it makes playing the character quite boring because it cannot do much anything else.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.