Partialy
- 2 (6.9%)
No
- 0 (0%)
If you happy and you know it clap your hands
- 3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Make Vault city facilities work  (Read 3861 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Make Vault city facilities work
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:11:38 pm »

So now we have many facilities in inner vault city, but none of them works as it should. So:

1. Vault city information center

As we all know you can do quest http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Get_Kohl's_books_back_to_their_owner . So many players done this quest, and now vc information center have shitloads of these books. Why not to sell some of them like in hub library. Since only 1 book selling point is too low for whole wasteland.

So my suggestion for vault city information center is: Allow player to buy books from vc information center if he has completed "Get Kohls books back to their owner" quest.

2. Servant Allocation Center

We all know that vault city has servants, which in other words are slaves. And when you join slavers you gain +500 reputation with vault city, so city really likes these "servants". Why not to allow players sell/buy servants from this center like from metzger or vortis. Just maybe this center should not by ghouls as we know what vc think about them :D

3. Allow players fix their stuff in vc maintenance center.

I already mentioned this system in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4143.0 . But still as its one of these vc facilities  will name it here as well.

K, we have a few maintenance centers already. And now you cant do nothing in them.
One in vault city

And one in modoc

Also Jenna In bos bunker seems to live in a something like maintenance room.

So my idea would give these centers function to repair players stuff for caps. My repairing price suggestion would be, 0.5% items base price for 1% deterioration repaired, 60% items base price for 'little broken' item repaired, 70% items base price for 'pretty broken' item repaired, 80% items base price for 'barely hanging together' item repair and 90% base price of "beyond repair" item. I think that could reduce alting, and sometimes even with repair character its hard to repair 100 fucked up items found in wasteland, so if you have caps why not to spend them on fixing your stuff?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:05:51 pm by vedaras »
Re: Make Vault city facilities work
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:03:41 pm »

Because VC has digitalized their entire book collection I suggest as a citizen you can download all the manuals and books to your pipboy. So when you crafting something you do not have to take those bulky paperback books with you. Just a small privilege to be a proud VC citizen. The pipboy of VC deserters will be formated before they resign.

Edit: For non VC citizen folks a holodisk version (up-loadable to pipboy) of every manuals and books should be available with the price of 10x the paper back version.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:16:03 pm by bipboy »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 04:06:42 pm »

You really like Vault City pal.. ;)

I like those suggestions. Only thing which bothers me a bit is that VC buys "servants" from outside the town. I may recall it wrong, but I thought VC citizens don't like people from outside the city (damn thilthy mutants! :P ) and so the wouldn't buy them...

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:10:53 pm »

I like those suggestions. Only thing which bothers me a bit is that VC buys "servants" from outside the town. I may recall it wrong, but I thought VC citizens don't like people from outside the city (damn thilthy mutants! :P ) and so the wouldn't buy them...

they buy "servants" who "like" to serve vault city :D why should they care where they come from?

And yeah electronic books could also be a solution :>
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:13:27 pm by vedaras »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 10:32:26 am »

i bring this topic up to attract more votes.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 10:53:44 am »

Yeah the information center could allow you to access those books if you pay what you'd pay for a paper copy in Hub for the permanent digital version in VC (and the holodisks balance this nicely).

And about the servant allocation center, I think that after becoming a slaver there should be a (fairly difficult) quest in VC to grant you access to inside the walls (but not the vault) like a day pass (except maybe even through the night), assuming you have at least a neutral standing with VC so you can sell them slaves servants.

The maintenance center should also do that, but there has to be outside balance. So if VC can fix all your stuff, I think gun dealers should be able to fix all guns and armor provided they haven't broken so many times (like until 'it's barely hanging together' or wherever this limit should go). To get anything fixed past that point, you'd have to visit the trainer for that profession, so SG trainer can fix small guns until they're 'broken beyond repair', at which point they cannot be fixed again.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 10:59:59 am »

Yeah the information center could allow you to access those books if you pay what you'd pay for a paper copy in Hub for the permanent digital version in VC (and the holodisks balance this nicely).

And about the servant allocation center, I think that after becoming a slaver there should be a (fairly difficult) quest in VC to grant you access to inside the walls (but not the vault) like a day pass (except maybe even through the night), assuming you have at least a neutral standing with VC so you can sell them slaves servants.

The maintenance center should also do that, but there has to be outside balance. So if VC can fix all your stuff, I think gun dealers should be able to fix all guns and armor provided they haven't broken so many times (like until 'it's barely hanging together' or wherever this limit should go). To get anything fixed past that point, you'd have to visit the trainer for that profession, so SG trainer can fix small guns until they're 'broken beyond repair', at which point they cannot be fixed again.

Basicly, you mean a quest that makes you a friend of vault city. Good idea.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 11:02:17 am »

Anything that brings life into dead(=boring) wasteland is welcome. +1

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 11:10:04 am »

well i still think that people can buy daypass and use things that inner city provides. Since daypass can be used unlimited times i see no problem in here :>

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 11:17:26 am »

well i still think that people can buy daypass and use things that inner city provides. Since daypass can be used unlimited times i see no problem in here :>

Yeah but considering how nearly everyone else that is actually useful in the wastes hates you after being a slaver except VC, there should be some kind of thing with them. I still don't know how reputation decay works, but maybe you start by using a day pass and after selling them enough slaves your rep increases to the point that you don't need a pass anymore. I don't see why anyone with a high enough reputation wouldn't be let in by VC, especially if you're giving them servants.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 03:56:30 pm »

Yeah but considering how nearly everyone else that is actually useful in the wastes hates you after being a slaver except VC, there should be some kind of thing with them. I still don't know how reputation decay works, but maybe you start by using a day pass and after selling them enough slaves your rep increases to the point that you don't need a pass anymore. I don't see why anyone with a high enough reputation wouldn't be let in by VC, especially if you're giving them servants.

well even for joining slavers you get +500 reputation to vault city so its kinda big boost at the very beginning. But still i think that vault city is kinda conservative town, doesnt look for outsiders, so getting in (with becoming citizen) it should be even harder then it is now :>

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 06:12:13 am »

well, now that travelling speed is reduced, i think this suggestion could be more useful than ever, why not to rethink about it again ^^

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 07:24:20 am »

its best thing I saw in suggestions this month :P
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 08:01:16 am »

VC citizens possibly rarely see them at all. Who do you think works behind or at the fence fending raiders attacks? Caravan helpers as well.

Up to the topic > Of course. Every building in every town should have some function.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 01:35:15 pm »

Up to the topic > Of course. Every building in every town should have some function.

yeah, to add further, it would be nice if caravan runs would work in all caravan towns, like hub, ncr, redding :>
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 24 queries.