Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you like idea?

Yes
I have better idea
I dont like the idea
Did you see the moonwalking bear?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Make npcs fix your stuff for some caps  (Read 5908 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Make npcs fix your stuff for some caps
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:56:11 pm »

K, we have a few maintenance centers already. And now you cant do nothing in them.
One in vault city

And one in modoc

So my idea would give these centers function to repair players stuff for caps. My repairing price suggestion would be, 0.5% items base price for 1% deterioration repaired, 60% items base price for 'little broken' item repaired, 70% items base price for 'pretty broken' item repaired, 80% items base price for 'barely hanging together' item repair and 90% base price of "beyond repair" item. I think that could reduce alting, and sometimes even with repair character its hard to repair 100 fucked up items found in wasteland, so if you have caps why not to spend them on fixing your stuff?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:19:11 pm by vedaras »
Re: Make npcs fix your stuff for some caps
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »

+1
but, Beyond repair is beyond repair. No one can fix that.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:14:12 pm »

+1
but, Beyond repair is beyond repair. No one can fix that.

Well Val is repairing such advanced shit as vc turrets and so on, so she should be able to fix even beyond repair items, and since price is almost as for new weapon i see nothing wrong in that :> This would be useful because many big guns simply goes to beyond repair from 90% or something. So why throw them to trash bin when you can bring them back to "life"? :>

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 03:21:22 pm »

If something is beyond repair, i dont think that this is unrepairable, but better is to buy new one, than repair broken one (because of resources). So why not "repair" beyond repair gun, but you will need half of original resources but you will also have only 50 percent chance to repair it succesfully..
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 03:25:05 pm »

If something is beyond repair, i dont think that this is unrepairable, but better is to buy new one, than repair broken one (because of resources). So why not "repair" beyond repair gun, but you will need half of original resources but you will also have only 50 percent chance to repair it succesfully..

Well yeah i thought about that, that npc which repairs, could repair your stuff for some of materials needed for crafting that weapon. But i think it should be made either for caps or for materials not for both :>

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 05:16:56 pm »

Nice idea...

avv

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 05:31:04 pm »

Stop making comedy option polls, too tempting to choose.

Good idea. That Vic's daughter has stood there unemployed too long, time to put her to work.

For future good repair% players could also repair each other's guns. If you can't find someone to repair your gun, just go to mechanic but it'll cost you. Same thing is going on with doctors healing injuries.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:46:31 am »

Stop making comedy option polls, too tempting to choose.

Good idea. That Vic's daughter has stood there unemployed too long, time to put her to work.

For future good repair% players could also repair each other's guns. If you can't find someone to repair your gun, just go to mechanic but it'll cost you. Same thing is going on with doctors healing injuries.

since NPC's would repair for caps repairmen players will still be useful, like doctors are now :> But still players should have ability to chose in which way they want to do everything it suppose to be role playing game after all :>

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 04:17:44 am »

Nty, Some Dude could Find a Broken Bozaar In teh Shop and get it Repaired xD
Make the Shop Sell Broken Full Price Or No
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 10:30:50 am »

Nty, Some Dude could Find a Broken Bozaar In teh Shop and get it Repaired xD
Make the Shop Sell Broken Full Price Or No

good luck in finding broken bozaar.... :> For me at least repair skills serves only  if i am exploring wasteland to repair my stuff which i am using for the moment,  when i get to my tent or base surely i wont repair 1000 of deteriorated items, so these maintenance centers could sure help me i think for others too :>

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 12:46:58 pm »

Vedaras I think either those maintenance centers should repair your guns, or better, some random traders in the caravans, so that way you would be able to repair the gun your weilding without the risk of exploit like above-mentioned bozar :P And it would generate some risk of getting killed when looking for a caravan trader of course, so it wouldnt be exploitable just a complementary function of them
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 12:51:51 pm »

what abput a group of LSWers coming to a caravan, the vendor repairs their shit, and then they brutalize the poor bastard and get their caps back, as well as a lot of loot and having their weapons fixed, you ever think of that eh?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 01:07:46 pm »

what abput a group of LSWers coming to a caravan, the vendor repairs their shit, and then they brutalize the poor bastard and get their caps back, as well as a lot of loot and having their weapons fixed, you ever think of that eh?

Well I guess that should work either with certain weapons, not to be abused, namely all pistols some double handed, common for wasteland. The LSW is rare and should be repaired by a common trader, its just to sophisticated :p
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 02:38:51 pm »

well,the ideea is good,but the beyond repair think is beyond repair,not even a repair 300 caractar can repair that,so a NPC whoud not have a chance

so,the ideea is good,and for the beyond repair,use scince to get some extra maths

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 02:59:53 pm »

Nope. Players can do it. I'm not for this. I prefer interactions Players=>Players and not Players=>NPCs.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.