"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:28:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A couple suggestions for merc AI edit: ( To fix Charismabuild+Pvp problems )  (Read 2437 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

1.  Give them a command to loot bodies immediately after someone is killed.
2.  ^--this  But make it to where its only AFTER the entire combat is over.
3.  A manual loot command.  ( Alt+ right click+ left click+  Loot this )  [ even if you are dead ]
4.  Make it to where if you die but your mercenaries still live they will go straight to your tent.  ( As a group not seperately as long as they were with you when you died )
5.  Make Mercenary contract papers thingies"  ( Basically make it to where you can sell mercs but you have to trade contract papers )
6.  FIX THE BLACK MERCENARY PLEASE!! ( I am well aware this has already been suggested but seriously.... )
7.  Make it to where mercs can use stimpacks when they're half dead.
8.  Make it possible to tell a mercenary to use a stimpack at least.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:13:18 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

VongJin

• Rogues
Re: A couple suggestions for merc AI ( New suggestions )
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:39:18 am »

highly abusable suggestions.... srsly

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 04:24:47 pm »

highly abusable suggestions.... srsly
Think of it this way.  If you have a lvl 21 charisma build, have 4 folllowers.  And you only have around 250 hp and get insta killed... and your mercs cant do ANYTHING, its an extremely disappointing build.  While a power build has 999 Friggin Hp its not really fair.  all they have to do is shoot and run.  No real or fair fight at all.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

VongJin

• Rogues
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 08:47:01 am »

Think of it this way.  If you have a lvl 21 charisma build, have 4 folllowers.  And you only have around 250 hp and get insta killed... and your mercs cant do ANYTHING, its an extremely disappointing build.  While a power build has 999 Friggin Hp its not really fair.  all they have to do is shoot and run.  No real or fair fight at all.

999 hp for powerbuild ::) hmm i bet u don't have one, coz most tough powerbuild have 250 hp

i will explain why your suggestions are higly abusable:

1 a)I will leave 8 mercs in NCR bazar some near respawn point some in random spots and when someone will get killed by guards/bombers/whatever my merks will quickly loot them.

b)I will loot unlootable town guards traders with merc

3 where's the point? if ure dead in PVP battle your mercs will be  probably dead too when u come back(coz they are stupid without commander). and if u got killed in random encounter, location will dissapear(with your mercs) when u get teleported into respawn point(if there was no other players in ecouter)

4 it will be good only for loners coz:  I died with my 4 mercs in PvE battle(mercs was in agressive mode) they go straigh to my tent/base and killed all my friends inside  :'(

5 no problems with it

6 it can't be fixed coz black merc simply don't have animation to run(and i guess no1 will create this animation coz it's really hard now) i suggest u to wait unlil 3d models will be fully implemented

7 they use FA already. stims makes them too powerfull just imagin supermutant with 40 supersims in pocket he will be around 250hp always(exept bad lucky instakill ;D)

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm

is this about PvP ? or PvM ?
Rockwell gold card owner.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 07:08:16 pm »

999 hp for powerbuild ::) hmm i bet u don't have one, coz most tough powerbuild have 250 hp

i will explain why your suggestions are higly abusable:

1 a)I will leave 8 mercs in NCR bazar some near respawn point some in random spots and when someone will get killed by guards/bombers/whatever my merks will quickly loot them.

b)I will loot unlootable town guards traders with merc

3 where's the point? if ure dead in PVP battle your mercs will be  probably dead too when u come back(coz they are stupid without commander). and if u got killed in random encounter, location will dissapear(with your mercs) when u get teleported into respawn point(if there was no other players in ecouter)

4 it will be good only for loners coz:  I died with my 4 mercs in PvE battle(mercs was in agressive mode) they go straigh to my tent/base and killed all my friends inside  :'(

5 no problems with it

6 it can't be fixed coz black merc simply don't have animation to run(and i guess no1 will create this animation coz it's really hard now) i suggest u to wait unlil 3d models will be fully implemented

7 they use FA already. stims makes them too powerfull just imagin supermutant with 40 supersims in pocket he will be around 250hp always(exept bad lucky instakill ;D)

Ok you've made your point.  But about the FA with mercs...  I'm sorry but I have tested this several times with stimpacks and not... They don't use FA, altho ill admit i've caught a raider using a FA here and there and one time this kid at klamath i ( for some reason ) was beating on.  But other than that i have never seen ( or at least noticed ) my mercs using FA :/.  Besides that why is it when you first buy a merc they spawn with a stimpack hmm?

is this about PvP ? or PvM ?
Both I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:22:53 pm by Michaelh139 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.