"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:34:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: faction player list in terminal  (Read 2423 times)

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
faction player list in terminal
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:43:24 am »

can you guys add some stuff for downloading player list form faction computer to txt file ? adding all playters one by one to namecolorizating takes ages
that will be really usefull for many players who using namecolorization
Re: faction player list in terminal
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 03:23:34 pm »

Second that. Ability to download and upload faction list and database records with the faction terminal would finally make it useful.

It changes more than you would think: mercs could attack faction enemies (thus making RP base-towns with merc guards feasible), also base reputation system could actually be used (so the base leader would be able to see who thinks what about other faction members.

Not to start a new thread, I would also like to see two more features in the faction terminal:

1) ability to add little "notes" to database records. 16 symbols would be enough - "vile PK", "Tim's friend", "easy target", "drugged big gunner" would change the game drastically.

2) ability to "encode" signal by faction radio -  so even when an enemy gets one, he would only hear jibberish unless he is a faction member/friend. This could be justified (for the sake of realism) by "teaching your members a special encoding system and encoding all the messages sent on the channel"

Feedback, please!
  Use your brain!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 08:52:19 pm »

1) ability to add little "notes" to database records. 16 symbols would be enough - "vile PK", "Tim's friend", "easy target", "drugged big gunner" would change the game drastically.

2) ability to "encode" signal by faction radio -  so even when an enemy gets one, he would only hear jibberish unless he is a faction member/friend. This could be justified (for the sake of realism) by "teaching your members a special encoding system and encoding all the messages sent on the channel"

Feedback, please!

I like the Notes idea. It could be really useful so that you could just leave a note in case you aren't going to be online at the same time as your teammate, and just as reminders too.

For the encoding messages, it would have to require special equipment and a repair skill to make, so that there is still a little risk of someone intercepting your message, but it is a good idea also. First one is a must though.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:46:59 pm »

damn i like that ideas ;D
Well who you think im after now, bitch? Run, mother  f*cka, run...

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:10:50 pm »

nobody cares aout that idea, shame becouse saving player list creates opportunity for new way of events ..with namecolorization - raiders vs city for example, only with players , not npcs

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 09:07:15 am »

nobody cares aout that idea

Mr Muchomor! We've thought about it some time ago, even before that thread, so we don't even need to care about this idea. It's not something new to us. But we're slow these days, so it's not gonna happen very soon.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.