"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 02:30:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fallout 2 lan  (Read 7380 times)

Fallout 2 lan
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:10:57 pm »

Is there mod that allows you and your friend to play the original fallout 2 scenario thru lan? I've been searching for that for a while but all i got are old messages and broken links to noowhere.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
Re: Fallout 2 lan
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:13:07 pm »

Have You checked search option on forum?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 08:15:49 pm by DocAN. »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »

Is there mod that allows you and your friend to play the original fallout 2 scenario thru lan? I've been searching for that for a while but all i got are old messages and broken links to noowhere.

i think you should ask that in no mutants allowed forum not in here :)

http://www.nma-fallout.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 08:25:56 pm »

Have You checked search option on forum?

Actualy yes, with different key words and there too many matches to check them all.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 08:52:16 pm »

You can host your own server and play with friends.

Use FOnline SDK.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 09:05:08 pm »

No, there is currently no server that allows to play some kind of cooperative Fallout 1/2. Maybe it is being worked on, but I doubt it is - except one guy that tries to recreate Fallout New Vegas with FOnline Engine.

You can host your own server and play with friends.

That method would only lead to play The Life After server in LAN, not Fallout 2. A huge work is needed to make Fallout 2 playable with FOnline Engine (Mostly maps, dialogs, scripts, and balance).
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »

A huge work is needed to make Fallout 2 playable with FOnline Engine (Mostly maps, dialogs, scripts, and balance).

Well that may be but if you can take the scripts that allow multiple people to form a team and crate a team, and from the other hand fallout 2 which has npcs that follow you almost everywhere, i dont say that would be perfect, there will only be one chosen the other one would follow him as merc, and the story would go on, maybe i know nothing but i dont think that is very difficult or much more difficult than creating something like fonline world.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 09:18:38 pm »

Your question was: Is there a server to play Fallout 2 in LAN? I answered, there aren't any. I didn't say it was impossible to do. As I said, it is possible, but very hard - just as hard as setting up any server.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 03:15:36 am »

Ive heard about some retarded pseudomultiplayer way of playing F2. It was about sending some files of the saved games - the receiver gained an illusion of not being alone.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:17:36 am by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 08:19:53 am »

Fonline engine is better than Fallout 2 - you can make faster, better and easier maps, dialogs, quests, scripts and all other things what you want. As Jimmy said, you should try play The Life After FOnline SDK - it is similar to Fallout 2 because there are these same world, locations and extra few other.

If you want play role play with friends in Fallout 2 world sdk is recomended for you. You can make character what you want and have fun. Try it - it will be very good.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 08:57:54 am »

one guy that tries to recreate Fallout New Vegas with FOnline Engine.

I've heard about it too, but is it actually based on the Fonline engine? I thought he's using F2 engine still. Do you have a link to it?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 10:32:33 am »

I heard the guy making it was named Valkyrie. It was located here http://fallout-on-line.fr/phpBB3/index.php but now the forum is empty, and the new one is too. There was one screenshot around, but I can't remember where it was :(
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 10:37:02 pm »

I've heard about it too, but is it actually based on the Fonline engine? I thought he's using F2 engine still. Do you have a link to it?

I assume you know about it since you posted in his thread.

http://fonline.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=18045

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 07:28:46 am »

I assume you know about it since you posted in his thread.

Yep, but I've never thought that it would be New Vegas@Fonline engine.
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 10:24:32 am »

you can try and script all the NPCS and chat and events into SDK
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.