"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 04:47:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Why stop the game in 2238  (Read 8358 times)

Charma

• I will find and kill u
Why stop the game in 2238
« on: March 31, 2011, 12:00:41 pm »

The 2238 was a good server. But now, its boring and see many bugs...

I like Turned-Based Fight. But i can't fighting because some players use "merc bug". So when i arrived to a battlefield my client is frozing and the enemy mercs kill me. So Game 3 days lost  12 ba, 12 lsw, 12 hk90c, 12 rocket launcer, 5000 223fmj, 200 rocket, 4000 10mm ammo, and 180 super stim. I asked why? Because some guys use this "bug". The devs dont do anything.

Okay, dont play in TB. I leading a hungarian clan in this server. We was in RDA and North Bandits. We capturing all cities... But the TC is boring, i dont like it. So, what can i do?

My friends stopped the game, and they go to the requiem server. I cant speak in russian. So? The 2238 is died. My friends dont playing, because this "BUG" have.

Sonik63 and there friends... I kill in tb, and u go back with 15 merc. I go to encounter, and i die... Nice game.

I stop this shit....

Bye:
Charma
The hungarians leader 
"To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste."

Deu 32.35

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
Re: Why stop the game in 2238
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:09:04 pm »

yea agree, gameplay is toataly fucked
probably there will be no wipe in next month so if you want to play fonline and you really like turnbase try it at requiem server, its more intresting - working doctor, firstaid, players are easy to find and every gang _need_ to farm some stuff so there is a lot of fights on encouters ;) and you dont need to speak russian. everything is english language, maybe exept some quests

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 12:10:41 pm »

Yes, kinda frustrating situation on 2238, especially for those who like TB.
I stopped to play untill wipe at least.

But i have an option to go to TLA, which is now have NOPVP zones in some towns and NOLEVELCUP.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:17:45 pm »

The devs dont do anything.

I am sorry that we don't have any secret magic that fixes everything in seconds.

Charma

• I will find and kill u
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 12:26:02 pm »

Lexx!!!

Not second ....

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=11319.msg94578#msg94578
I writed it in NOVEMBER 26.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=11997.msg98963#msg98963
Its writed in December 18.

So lexxx... U have enough time. I waited, but its enoughh...

Now 2011 march 31.

???

"To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste."

Deu 32.35

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 12:26:05 pm »

Ah, the end of season whine fest.

Then we will wipe, lots of updates that have taken months to do, happy players for a week, then back to whining we don't do anything  :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

avv

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 12:26:39 pm »

Pretty big losses, wouldn't want to moralize but it's not smart to haul so much stuff in one go. Hell, could hand out dozen of protips right away, but let's not.

Here's something anyway: you think your 3 days of lost work in the game is something compared to the years of work devs put in this game? And because of 3 days of lost "work" you plan abandoning the ship and tell the designers of this free entertainment aren't somehow proper people.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:28:46 pm »

So lexxx... U have enough time. I waited, but its enoughh...

If we couldn't fix it yet, we just couldn't fix it yet. No matter how much time has passed. Hell, maybe it's an engine problem, then we can't fix it anyway.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:30:33 pm »

i know you wokring hard on big update, but not everyone knows that. maybe development tracker isnt that bad idea ?

avv

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 12:32:14 pm »

i know you wokring hard on big update, but not everyone knows that. maybe development tracker isnt that bad idea ?

Isn't their word enough?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 12:44:10 pm »

But i want a big surprise it will keep us occupied finding out what new wonders the devs have brought apart from the more well known stuff like domination mode. This way we have no reason to complain straight away if we dont like it because it needs to be thoroughly tested first  8)

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 12:59:05 pm »

Actually it's not only "merc bug" as you refered. It happens commonly. I lost tons of various low and high tier stuff, even rare items like NCR Ranger Combat Armor because of this bug, but I still hope it's gonna be fixed as soon as possible.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:46 pm »

well i'm playing on linux ubuntu 10.10, and i never encountered this bug you are talking about, so maybe its your windows version related not game? Try compatibility mode or something with other os version.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 01:21:23 pm »

It will be fixed upon the wipe, when the new follower system is in place. Getting upset over losing things to a bug is not the correct mindset to come into a Beta. There will be bugs and you will get unfairly screwed over on occasion and we don't have the capacity to make new things and fix all the bugs in a matter of hours. There is no way round this.

A development tracker is not something that would mean an awful lot for us anyway. We are not a professional studio, so it depends greatly on how much free time any individual has.

If I am away (when I moved house for example) then little will happen with crafting, because that is one of the little areas I have. If Lexx goes and I need new maps or a quest as part of the new crafting then I must wait for him. If I need scripting and Atom is not there then I wait for him. The same is true for all of the core team in our own ways.

Gradually over time we will have our free time and all the little jobs get filled in and we have a finished thing, we get enough together and we have an update. If enough of these need a wipe to be tested properly, we have a wipe.

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Charma

• I will find and kill u
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 01:26:19 pm »

NO problem.
Only 1 problem have. If the gameplay fucked, the players go to other server, and the 2238 is die. Now dying..

I remember, when 50 players play in NCR bozaar. And now? 4 inactive, 1 beginner (who will stop the game after 2 days ), and 2 thief. Nice... The 2238 is dying. Now must the refresh, because the 2238 is going to the soup.

The problems are terrible. Devs, please do something...

Ok tested the clint frozing:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7

I dont like Linux.  

Deu 32.35
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 22 queries.