I dont
- 4 (6.6%)
I dont care
- 5 (8.2%)
Nerf big guns instead
- 12 (19.7%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Unarmed weapons should be better than fists...  (Read 7311 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Unarmed weapons should be better than fists...
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:56:35 am »

Well anyone that has or had unarmed character in f2 or fonline should know that unarmed skill allows you to preform special attacks, and those who dont can read shortly in here: http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Unarmed . The thing is that these bonuses are quite good, for example +15% critical chance if you are able to cast haymaker, and all unarmed weapons are able only to be used as normal "punch" without any bonuses. This greatly reduces need of unarmed weapons usage. I think it would be reasonable to think that if you are able to preform special strike with your fist, you could still preform that special strike with your fist in a glove (like power fist). So the suggestion is simple, add special unarmed attacks with its bonuses to unarmed weapons as well.

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
Re: Unarmed weapons should be better than fists...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:12:10 pm »

Unarmed weapons are better then fists in dealing pure damage (maybe except brass knuckles), fist and feet have the upper hand on critical hits.

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:16:10 pm »

maybe add some funky attacks to melee?
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:19:58 pm »

Unarmed weapons are better then fists in dealing pure damage (maybe except brass knuckles), fist and feet have the upper hand on critical hits.

ye kill someone with pure damage and unarmed weapon in pvp fight then we could talk...

maybe add some funky attacks to melee?

well melee damage already received a boost, dont know if they need it even more :>
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:28:05 pm by vedaras »

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 12:32:38 pm »

ye kill someone with pure damage in pvp fight then we could talk...
What makes you think unarmed is a skill for pvp? It's good on molerats and centaurs.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »

What makes you think unarmed is a skill for pvp? It's good on molerats and centaurs.

all skills that can do damage are or can be used for pvp. If you lack skills or experience to use it that way it doesnt make them non pvp skills :>

avv

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 12:54:15 pm »

all skills that can do damage are or can be used for pvp. If you lack skills or experience to use it that way it doesnt make them non pvp skills :>

If pvp is all about skills and experience, can't you defeat unarmed fighter with your melee char by using skills and experience?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 01:05:31 pm »

If pvp is all about skills and experience

first of all where did i say that? dont invent another bike

to below: learn to read...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:22:44 pm by vedaras »

avv

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 01:11:47 pm »

first of all where did i say that? dont invent another bike

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 06:01:41 pm »

as you vote dont be  so shy to drop a few words about it ^^
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 04:51:32 am »

I don,t remember all of the different unarmed attacks you can get, but what if its some kind of kick? you can do a lot of damage with a good kick, and having brass knuckles wouldn't really influence it much.
so it depends on the move.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 09:44:11 am »

I don,t remember all of the different unarmed attacks you can get, but what if its some kind of kick? you can do a lot of damage with a good kick, and having brass knuckles wouldn't really influence it much.
so it depends on the move.

well i think it is quite obvious that you couldnt cast a kick with your arm... So the suggestion is of course unarmed weapons to have only arm special attacks.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 09:57:54 am »

mega power fist -> eyes. Punch Punch Punch. Job done for me, dunno what you guys do as unarmed chars.
but yeah, i know, you need crits for such action.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:59:35 am by Andr3aZ »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 06:52:22 pm »

I think this is quite a good topic, and definetly would be nice to get some answer.
Obviously, if you have HtH weapons that are barelly better than completly unarmed attacks, then what's the point of those weapons?
Then again, if those weapons are always better what's the point of all those special attacks?

Mind this, we should probably ask, is there any reason why shouldn't hth weapons be balanced around supporting those special attack modes?
Anyway it's a little messed up, because BI added two very similar skills, so that some stuff could be also applicable for melee weapons...
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Delta77

• Just walk away.. and put and end to this horror
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 07:43:49 pm »

unarmed vs bg with lsw = ?. unarmed vs plasma rifle = ? . unarmed vs 3 burst smg= ?. Unarmed isnt good for pvp dont waste your time, if you want to pvp choose another weapon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.