"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:52:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Shopshooting/exploiting in NCR  (Read 1593 times)

Shopshooting/exploiting in NCR
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:51:34 pm »

1st time (the guy with the short name logged off when he was at the respawn):

2nd time, a few minutes later as I came back to tag the other guy red and there were more of them.
This time they blocked the exits to prevent the guards from coming in, than killed the guards and me:

On a side note, shouldn't they be attacked for door blocking?
The 2 guards that entered from outside and into the room where the rangers hq is, didn't shoot the door blocker.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 08:59:28 pm by HertogJan »
Re: Shopshooting/exploiting in NCR
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:28:34 pm »

1) Guard won't shoot blockers. Blockers will simply become not protected after some time.
2) Actually... they won't become not protected, because they can move from blocking hex to normal hex from time to time...
3) Of couse it counts as exploit, and when GM see that he bans all exploiters.
4) марфей was seen by me many times doing different blocking exploits on different locations. I think such players should be banned for more than 24 hours.

Suggestion:
1) I saw guards/NPCs can push others to make thier way further, of couse they're doing that very lazy and... unsuccesful, I want suggest to make guards and other NPCs use jedi force push that will work like knock back and paralyze victim for 3-4 seconds, also guard can shout something emotional when doing that.
If target of that power still on the same hex (something prevents moving it further), guard bursting him in the face, and then continue his way.
2) Add Cooldown for blocking, which will diminish very slowly, so if you once stood on door path more than 1 second it'll start, and it'll have ariphmetic progression, so the more you stay the more CD you getting, if it reaches some ammount, guards shoot you. This CD diminish with a time slowly.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:43:38 pm by RavenousRat »
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 11:06:28 pm »

1/2. I came back and went to the ranger's room. The guy blocking the door there (red name in the 3rd picture) was protecting even after standing there for a while without moving. Guards were trying to get in there but couldn't.

Your 1st solution sounds good.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 03:08:59 pm »

This guy should be rewarded - he is testing the game  ;D
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 04:47:55 pm »

The guy blocking the door there (red name in the 3rd picture) was protecting even after standing there for a while without moving.
You mean he was protected? How do you know? Did you try to shot him and then you got killed by guards?

avv

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »

Suggestion:
1) I saw guards/NPCs can push others to make thier way further, of couse they're doing that very lazy and... unsuccesful, I want suggest to make guards and other NPCs use jedi force push that will work like knock back and paralyze victim for 3-4 seconds, also guard can shout something emotional when doing that.
If target of that power still on the same hex (something prevents moving it further), guard bursting him in the face, and then continue his way.
2) Add Cooldown for blocking, which will diminish very slowly, so if you once stood on door path more than 1 second it'll start, and it'll have ariphmetic progression, so the more you stay the more CD you getting, if it reaches some ammount, guards shoot you. This CD diminish with a time slowly.

Or players and npcs can simply force themselves past a stationary char if they want through and there's no other way around.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 10:44:34 pm »

I had no ideea there were traders in NCR... I always thought that players stay there to talk, and more, cuz they dont know to play Fonline and like to gossip.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 12:21:06 am »

You mean he was protected? How do you know? Did you try to shot him and then you got killed by guards?

I did and indeed got shot by guards.
I made sure I didn't hit the guards.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.