"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 05:49:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Kind of disappointing (Shop shooting)  (Read 8753 times)

Re: Kind of disappointing (Shop shooting)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 09:23:31 am »

how about marking the items??

For ex. shooted character is losing now his items, which are laying on a floor and marked as 'hot'. Hot items can b picked by NPC only, every palyer who would try to pick those items gonna be crit  shoot  i the eyes, and die instantly (  :P ) and all stuff is now going same way to NPC. There is no intrest in shoting anybody or being shooted in this ex.

Now about thieves & stealing.

Thief, when spotted at stealing, have turn on battle time (like now), can be shot without consq. and  have marked ALL items  he's got as 'stealed'[as long as battle time runs].

If he manage to run away, prize is stayin with him.

If shooted, items are market second time  [stealed & hot now],then stuff can be picked only by NPC and, after all this mess, robbed player can collect his and thief's items[mean all marked as 'stealed']  from designated to this purpose NPC [for example sheriff in NCR]
I know Fonline is all about survival, its harsz, dangerous etc etc...... But guarded town shoud be really GUARDED, not semi-guarded, almost guarded or looks like guarded(this is how its look like now) :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:45:44 am by Zimny_Lechu »
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is: "To so use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum time."

avv

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 07:36:25 pm »

i highly recommend to anyone complaining about such a feature to design a new feature that would eradicate this problem - i am sure if the developers couldve done something about it already, they would've.

Ooh OOH! You're daring! Make players not die so easily and encourage players to live longer. If living was the point of the game in first place, players wouldn't be so eager to sacrifice themselves for items.

The reason why devs haven't fixed this is the lack of reports. Where are the reports from those dudes who did this griefing? They are the ones that are supposed to tell that this exploit exists in first place. 
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:41 pm »

Speaking for myself and about 10 or so of my faction mates, I can tell you that none of us even goes into town unless absolutely neccessary. When we do to go towns we sneak in and get out as fast as possible.  It kinda sucks that a major part of the game (the towns) are pretty much off limits due to griefers and theives.  Wouldn't it be nice if you could walk into town without worrying about being robbed / killed?  Like we don't have enough of that shit everywhere else in the game.  IMO it is pretty F'd up that the only town with more than 3 PCs in the whole game is NCR, so basically the other half dozen or so towns are basically useless because of asshole players, and the fact that the game mechanics offer almost no protection against them. 

RJ

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 01:48:54 pm »

While entering guarded town all items that player got in inventory are marked as his belongings unless he got low reputation. This marking should also be made after each Player to Player or Player to NPC trade and while receiving items from NPC (quest/profession).
If player gets killed, all his items can not be looted by anyone else than guard NPC (looters will be shot on sight). All those items can be later recovered at special NPC (somekind of police officer).

Is it possible to implement - I don't know but if so then this solves only killing for loot problem and doesn't break pathetic thievery system. Killing for fun problem still remains.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:59:51 pm by RJ »
"Sanity... is for the weak!"
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 02:40:57 pm »

While entering guarded town all items that player got in inventory are marked as his belongings unless he got low reputation. This marking should also be made after each Player to Player or Player to NPC trade and while receiving items from NPC (quest/profession).
If player gets killed, all his items can not be looted by anyone else than guard NPC (looters will be shot on sight). All those items can be later recovered at special NPC (somekind of police officer).

Is it possible to implement - I don't know but if so then this solves only killing for loot problem and doesn't break pathetic thievery system. Killing for fun problem still remains.

The following only applies for guarded towns:
You say it doesn't affect thieving, yet items only get marked when going into town or when trading.
That does affect thieving.
Reputation for killing in shops and FLC should at least by equal to that of doorblocking.
The same should be implemented when shooting protected players within 3 hexes of an npc trader.
Another option would be to add 1 real day of jail time for shop shooting.
Any items on the killer will be confiscated by the guards and not returned.
Unprotected players can still be shot everywhere.

RJ

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 02:44:07 pm »

If you run out of the town with items you stolen they are considered as yours. Where's the problem?

And yet it doesn't matter as thievery isn't the most important part of this topic.

Another option would be to add 1 real day of jail time for shop shooting.

Because it takes so much to create alt able to use 10mm SMG...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:46:43 pm by RJ »
"Sanity... is for the weak!"
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 02:49:29 pm »

If you run out of the town with items you stolen they are considered as yours. Where's the problem?

And yet it doesn't matter as thievery isn't the most important part of this topic.

Because it takes so much to create alt able to use 10mm SMG...

With this suggestion not when you stay in town.
Thievery may not be an important part of this topic, the suggestion has consequences for it.

With jail time after each attack you'll need a lot of alts to keep camping shops and there's a 10 minutes relog time.
I'm sure shop shooters get tired of it quickly.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:51:05 pm by HertogJan »
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 08:32:52 pm »

Back to the subject.
Both guys were standing outside the shop, waiting for people to enter.
After I entered, they entered.
The guy with the Russian name fired a burst at me, doing 41 damage.
Than 2 shop guards killed him.
The 3rd guard and the merchants were already dead.
The other guy, named Kavai_Lamar (not clearly visible on image), didn't do anything when he saw his friend getting shot.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:34:31 pm by HertogJan »
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 09:17:54 pm »

It is so easy to make a 10mm SMG so why bother to shop shoot?  Why not make one with an alt??

Its suppose to be a guarded city, what is so hard to understand? 

And people say the "carebears" are the only folks who whine.
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 09:28:54 pm »

The city is guarded, that's why the guards attack the shooting person if:
1. They saw/heard him shooting
2. They can reach him
3. He doesn't have epicly high reputation
4. They aren't bugged

You've been killed. Your killer has been killed if he could be. If he couldn't be killed, he wasn't killed.
So what?
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 09:56:52 pm »

The problem with thievery is the pathetic gains but huge annoyance.  Pickpockets in real lie are usually small time criminals/desperate folks who need pickpocket wallets for identity theft or just money for food.  In the wasteland both of those needs are non-existant.  The majority of folks ingame usually dont even carry good stuff on them or put it in thier hands.

So in the end being a thief plays no other role than just to grief, unless the devs implement a quest where the rewards for thieving make the skill worthwhile for other reasons besides the former.
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2010, 10:02:47 pm »

This is not about thievery, it's about lame people shooting people in shops.
One person shoots you and is killed by guards, his friend picks up whatever you're carrying.
It's lame, especially if people are preying on low(er) level blue suits.
Fortunately this alt of mine has 2x toughness and the Russian guy wasn't able to fire a 2nd burst.
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 04:06:06 pm »

So in the end being a thief plays no other role than just to grief, unless the devs implement a quest where the rewards for thieving make the skill worthwhile for other reasons besides the former.
Wrong. When I was yet playing, I had a thief alt. And that made me rich. Of course I also used it to grief - planting dynamites in people's pockets. Also I had rules - I didn't steal from poor, like some do. I was angry when with my 1 lvl char 200 caps i got stolen from. Who the fuck cares for 200 caps? This was just lame. That's griefing indeed. But thieving is useful. When I manage to steal a fkin minigun or a sniper rifle, or tons of ammo... That is nice.
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 10:03:42 pm »

Quote from: Keldorn
Didn'y you folks already know??  Fonline is totally all about roleplaying a super douchebag.

Unique selling point!

loot tailored to certain builds.

I hate this "feature", loot should be what the loot would be for that type of area/enemy. I see a "game" reason why loot would be tailored to a character, but no "world" reason. You exist in the world, try to survive/pursue goals; the world shouldn't revolve around you.

Better yet compare Fonline world to some third world country rife with constant despots and rebel militias.  You think anyone is really happy there??

This is literally what the FO world would be like.
It's great.

@ OP
Guard AI does need improvement, but getting stuff back should be at a ransom of 20% value per character level (guards take a cut.)
No getting stuff back after lvl 5.
<5th lvl trading alts of course will appear, but they'll be easy to kill.
Also, must claim in 24 hrs (Game Time). Lost loot appears in stores (not as caps, or I would convert surplus items to caps by murdering accomplices, then barter for it).
Quest items always ransomable, in a gesture of peace towards carebears.

Also, Reputation penalties need reworking, including towns/factions posting bounties for some individuals.

and so on.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:11:32 pm by Swinglinered »
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 10:21:42 am »

Just a FYI:
This is currently going on in VC where 2 PK with 249 HP kill low level blue suits in stores and at the workbench.
1 blocks the door for guards, the other does the kills and picks up the loot.
2nd guy picks up the loot from the corpse of his friend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 21 queries.