"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 03:37:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Simple suggestion: Ban racists.  (Read 17011 times)

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
Re: Simple suggestion: Ban racists.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 01:49:52 am »

If a group of players with cyrillic names kills me, and I shout "fucking russians", how do you know if I am referring to these particular players (legal swearing), or all russians (illegal racist speech)?

IMHO such things shouldn't fetch one a kick or ban, unless the racial speech doesn't go really overboard, like saying some real life group should go to gas or die in another way...

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 03:49:20 am »

If a group of players with cyrillic names kills me, and I shout "fucking russians", how do you know if I am referring to these particular players (legal swearing), or all russians (illegal racist speech)?

IMHO such things shouldn't fetch one a kick or ban, unless the racial speech doesn't go really overboard, like saying some real life group should go to gas or die in another way...

You should avoid using "Fucking Russians", read a vocabulary if you lack insults. For example "you bitches blah-blah" or whatever comes to your mind, racism is a forbidden and it's a crime.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 03:51:11 am »

You should avoid using "Fucking Russians", read a vocabulary if you lack insults. For example "you bitches blah-blah" or whatever comes to your mind, racism is a forbidden and it's a crime.

Exactly, well said.
I don't understand to insult other people in the first place, but I see there are many people who can't calm down and realize that this is just a game. ;)

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 03:54:01 am »

People are you all crazy or what? What shit is this discussion about? You really think that if someone shouts "fuckin russian" (fuckin czech, fuckin german, or fuckin whatever), that it is racism? What the fuck? From my point of view, I dont see any racism, just swearing to some specific player or group of players, because it is simply easier to tell "fuckin russian" than "fuckin boy in bluesuit with nickname written in cyrilic"... just stop this madness, dont try to be übercorrect, you will just ruin this game with some friggin censoring...

Ruin the game by making people obey the rules or maybe ruin it by making people more tolerate or maybe teaching people that race has nothing to do with behaviour? If you wish me to show you how awful racial insults may be just pm me, I'll offer you a couple of free examples if you name me your sex, race and colour.
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 10:37:26 am »

People are you all crazy or what? What shit is this discussion about? You really think that if someone shouts "fuckin russian" (fuckin czech, fuckin german, or fuckin whatever), that it is racism? What the fuck? From my point of view, I dont see any racism, just swearing to some specific player or group of players, because it is simply easier to tell "fuckin russian" than "fuckin boy in bluesuit with nickname written in cyrilic"... just stop this madness, dont try to be übercorrect, you will just ruin this game with some friggin censoring...
You mean I can roleplay a nazi, who will tell that X nation sux, or X race sux all the time at NCR laughting and it's ok?
They ban people who painting nazi sign at NCR with brahmin shit, but they shouldn't ban them if they only saying that?
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38:17 am »

Exactly...

Its JUST a GAME!

So if someone in a GAME tells me "Fuck, you fucking Greek and all you giros and feta eating bastards" I wont really care...

because its a GAME!

If it was in real life I would probably STILL not care unless if he kept repeating it.

But in a Game to be "bothered" and "upset" because some sleazy fat guy who probably doesnt own a second pair of underwear and is sitting for the second day in a row in front of a pc told me that my mother is a slut or something and for me to actually take offence...

well then I am the pitifull one for caring about what a random guy said!

Edit: Also I like how GMs and Devs and Mods tell us to man up and not to complain about PKers who murder low level blue suits a bazillion times before they can gro up to become 21 level themselves and start pking out of revenge"because thats how the game is, tough and unforgiving" but god forbid someone says something racist... the whole world will collapse! The universe will end! A whole race will feel slighted and WWIII will start because one idiot called another idiot a racial slur! Ban them! Ban them all lest civilisation ends!

Political Correctness for the Lose!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:42:50 am by Ymeogamaouas »
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 10:44:09 am »

So if someone in a GAME tells me "Fuck, you fucking Greek and all you giros and feta eating bastards" I wont really care...
Racist! get him :D

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 11:03:50 am »

I think drawing facist or nazi symbols should be rewared with a permaban.

Thats fucked up shit that represents a bunch of criminals who forced people to kill, lied to them and let the psychic ones go crazy one the ones they hate. I myself feel extremly disturbed by the sight of idiots drawing symbols "for the lulz" that remind me of the victims of this bunch of assholes and the poor generations which had been taken their youth and future or even life.

Most people dont know that this whole nazi crap is an insult to germans too. It wasnt all fun and games here in germany during the nazi time...

As for spoken racism im parted. I dont care what to be called but i respect someone beeing insulted by "damn [insert race/country here]".
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 11:25:48 am »

So if someone playing the game is Muslim should he be offended if someone draws a cross?

Since the crusaders murdered thousands of innocents in numerous cities after conquering them.

Should a non-christian be offended also by the cross especially if he has european origins and hence his "ancestors" suffered under the Inquisition?

In general if you WANT to find racism and if you consider a 'symbol' to be evil then you have other issues and problems in real life and no game can solve all of those. If you start nit-picking then you will find a million things that could be considered improper or racist from one group or another and you cannot satisfy all of them but satisfying some of them just makes it feel more unfair.

Unless you are prepared to add to the rules of the game "You are not allowed to bring up in any manner: Religion, race, belief system, core values, political views, wealth levels, family relations, football team preference, basketball team reference" and so on and so forth anything that may cause division, derision or arguements" then in my honest opinion you should not bother with such rules.
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 11:33:49 am »

Im not offended by symbols, im offended by idiots who think its funny to paint the ground with such symbols.
Because they do it for the sole expression of dumbness and trolling.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 11:38:02 am »

Im not offended by symbols, im offended by idiots who think its funny to paint the ground with such symbols.
Because they do it for the sole expression of dumbness and trolling.
Then it seems you have to make up your mind if you want to ban the symbols or trolling and idiocy in general...
Or just take it easy, ignore the retards and not to try to ruin this game by making more and more people watch their mouth...

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 11:42:58 am »

just take it easy, ignore the retards and not to try to ruin this game

Doin that sir. Just stating what should be a reason for bans in the categorie "racism"
Im not a crybaby about swastikas or anything - i just dont like the uneducated guys who call every german a nazi but draw facist symbols theirselves.
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 12:01:22 pm »

People drawing such symbols to offend others for their fun have some serious issues.

Swastikas have always been the sign of good things till the nazis used it.
In western culture, especially in Europe, it nowadays is associated solely with nazi Germany.
Some of you should read up on swastikas.

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 12:43:30 pm »

Some of the people in this thread are lucky I'm not a GM or a Moderator, cause I would ban you only for such childish/ignorant/idiotic/whatever support or protection of in-game racism. If you find such cases funny, basically any racial insult, well then, you must be either dumb enough not to have even a basic idea of worlds history or just simply a bitch in real life. I keep repeating this over and over again, racism is a crime, if you doubt that, find any educated enough German and ask him what does he and his all nation think about that, I'm sure you'll learn something new for yourself. Racism is one of those mistakes the humanity should not repeat. If your family was lucky enough not to be involved into WW2 then I'm glad for you, although I feel sorry for you being so foolish and uneducated to support such ideas.

BurntAluminum

• The Intelligence Quotient
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 12:52:27 pm »

Race wars are stupid, but people are entitled to their own opinion, just don't get other people involved in your ignorance.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.