Yesh of Course,
- 26 (59.1%)
Nope,
- 7 (15.9%)
Yeah, but In a different Way (Describe)
- 11 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Getting Robot Mercs ( Yes Again :P )  (Read 10991 times)

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
Re: Getting Robot Mercs ( Yes Again :P )
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 09:08:04 pm »

I... I didn't quite get that.
Please clarify? :3
Didn't, got killed.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 01:09:54 am »

I... I didn't quite get that.
Please clarify? :3

As of now your follower limit depends on your charisma.

If your gonna have robots the limit with them might as well depend on Intelligence since its very illogical that you can "Persuade" or be enough of a "Leader" for robots because they'll literally do ANYTHING you say if they actually existed unless there were laws of morality programmed into them.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 01:16:59 am »

As of now your follower limit depends on your charisma.

If your gonna have robots the limit with them might as well depend on Intelligence since its very illogical that you can "Persuade" or be enough of a "Leader" for robots because they'll literally do ANYTHING you say if they actually existed unless there were laws of morality programmed into them.

Well, then I would just create a character with 10 INT and 10 CHA and I will have an army full of followers. ;)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 01:25:11 am »

Well, then I would just create a character with 10 INT and 10 CHA and I will have an army full of followers. ;)

And your char will practically be useless for anything else...  Your still sacrificing your character in a whole to lead 10 npcs.

And npcs aren't very good.....
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 02:27:38 am »

Yeah, it should be made so you need like 100 Science before Getting robots and you need 4 Intelligence 4 a Robot, And there could be a Perk 'Robo Man" Which allows an Extra Robot Slot, These Robots arent Terminators. They Can be Killed

Also, It really is 2238 Not 1980. So Robots SHOULD be more common, and some of them would have survived the war, Maybe they are escaped robots from Sierra
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 10:34:49 am »

Also, It really is 2238 Not 1980. So Robots SHOULD be more common

I think you forgot a small, little detail.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 01:29:44 pm »

I think you forgot a small, little detail.

Lol, By that I Meant there would be a few that survived :P
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 03:38:04 pm »

That's right, a few. Too few to let people "hire" robots. ;)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 05:53:22 pm »

The Wastes are full of bluesuits, guntoting maniacs killing everyone in sight, resurrecting suicide bombers, cars, trains (t)rolling across the Wastes and a few junkworthy robots from Fifties there and there should disrupt the Wasteland atmosphere?

The thread and all abovementioned threads are about compromises from the users - "get your own robot today" should be more difficult than everything else in Wasteland to prevent the robot spam. After all, it's a relict technology and not massproduced ware.

How about a faction quest to get a robot, then?
I mean, we also buy cars not for driving, so rare NPC, like a robot won't leave the base and not disrupt the postapocalyptic peace.
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »

That's right, a few. Too few to let people "hire" robots. ;)

Well when you consider that mr handy was a common household robot and the us was producing military bots en mass it's not that far fetched that someone figured out how to repair them.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 12:25:28 am »

Well when you consider that mr handy was a common household robot and the us was producing military bots en mass it's not that far fetched that someone figured out how to repair them.

Agreed.

Robots should simply be captured by killing them, then using science to hack them (book of science + tool and science skill%).

Then you heal them by repairing them (using up junk/metal parts from your inventory each time)

I'd limit robots to your charisma & intelligence, due to balance mostly.  (max # followers including robots = charisma, max robots = int)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 12:27:34 am »

Agreed.

Robots should simply be captured by killing them, then using science to hack them (book of science + tool and science skill%).

Then you heal them by repairing them (using up junk/metal parts from your inventory each time)

I'd limit robots to your charisma & intelligence, due to balance mostly.  (max # followers including robots = charisma, max robots = int)
But...  but why the hell would you need Charisma?  I know you said its due to to balance but the fact is that robots don't need to be persuaded in anyway and what about crafters that have 10 INT but only 1-3 or slightly more charisma for the quests and faction joining for proffessions?

The 10 Int will of been a waste (Except for crafting of course) because even though they need INT to have robots they also need charisma for lifeless buckets of bolts!  It simply doesn't make sense.

*Bangs head against wall*
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:29:58 am by Michaelh139 »
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 01:14:04 am »

it sounds like a good idea but i whould make it so that you can have them at your base cuz they will need a power suply of some kind to keep them active so you whould have them use mfc or another energy type it might be fun

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 01:15:47 am »

it sounds like a good idea but i whould make it so that you can have them at your base cuz they will need a power suply of some kind to keep them active so you whould have them use mfc or another energy type it might be fun
Or just that energy generator some bases come with like the Depot and Outpost.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 02:28:58 am »

or they could be solar powered, recharge 5 fuel per 15 ingame minutes (not rl) during the day, and actions cost "fuel", le't say they have 2000 fuel points, and every AP spent consumes 1 fuel point, therefore the bot's usability is limited all the time to make it balanced, and i would agree with michael, but in a different way, to get 1 bot follower "slot one needs 5 intelligence, for 2 you need 7, for 3 it is 9, and 4 bot slots needs 10 int, just as a bonus "reward" for having such intelligence, and I'd also suggest a special encounter, an underground "garage" with a couple of bots, like 2 Mr. Handy's and 1 Robobrain, all of them are deactivated, these bots act like mercs, in other words they level up. There is absolutely no need to bring a tool for these bots, and they can receive engineered upgrades, like targeting software (weapons skill upgrade), thicker armour plating(hp, dr, and dt enchancements) and many more.

The ought to be one or two bots in semi-normal encounters around sierra army depot, they are activated. Military Grade preprogramming make them hostile to all nearby animals (humans included, for all you religious nuts), however, one can "knock out" them and use a hacking tool to reprogram their targeting data, this process requires your science skill, because of a failure will render the bot under your control, but with a small surprise, since the result will not show whether or not you were successful, only a critical fail will show, which will trigger the bot's self.destruct mechanism. Standard failure attempts will turn the bots hostile again, even if they are in your base, after a while to show that the targeting data has been restored to the bots due to your earlier failed attempt, the higher science skill you have the londger you can delay a failure  from 1 RL day (24h) - 2 RL weeks.

Comment guys, I'd like to see some feedbacks, and not just replies like: no; no, don't like it; you suck; and such shit goes where...?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.