"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 05:24:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Beginners Guides Competition!  (Read 34807 times)

Re: Beginners Guides Competition !
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 07:09:41 pm »

Ahh well, just thought id mention it because it was of great help to me even since i was having trouble finding good
leveling spots and getting enough caps to cover all the losses.

levi2ki

• so faknn crazy
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 07:39:53 pm »

best guides already writen long times ago, and noone want reveal their secrets. why needed topic for copy+pastWiki and plagiarism old guides? just give rewards people, who write and update his own old guides)

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 11:32:35 pm »

Imho prices should alter a bit. 1st of all I don't understand why 2nd price comes with 3x craftable item while 1st and 3rd with 2x. Anyway my suggestions is this:

1st place
APA MKII
Highwayman
3x craftable item
50k exp

2nd place
APA
Scout
2x craftable item
30k exp

3rd place
Hardened PA
Buggy
1x craftable item
20k exp

While each car comes with loads of fuel.

Lucky roll
PA + one of these: bozar/gaus/pulse/vindicator
10k exp

Lucky roll should be price based purely on luck. When the competition is over each guide author will get into lottery no matter how many guides did he wrote and one lucky guy will come out of this with lucky roll prices.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 11:38:06 pm »

best guides already writen long times ago, and noone want reveal their secrets. why needed topic for copy+pastWiki and plagiarism old guides? just give rewards people, who write and update his own old guides)

There are few good guides out there but even those best lack some "insight" info. Most of these guides would be under "getting started" while crafting or pvp has shitload of things to write about but they are nowhere. Afaik there are no guides that show you how to actually play ingame. There is no leveling guide, what guns to use on what ocasions, how to roll your crafter, what to craft if you want to trade with it, whats not worth the mats etc... current guides show you how to do thing but they don't tell you what things are good to do and what things are waste of time. And thats the kind of guide that any noobie is looking for.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 07:56:07 am »

Are these guides going to be strictly GM/Dev judged or are the players going to judge as well?

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 07:25:32 pm »

Are these guides going to be strictly GM/Dev judged or are the players going to judge as well?
Veteran players should judge guides since GM/Devs don't know jack shit about playing as normal player.
Developers, developers, developers, developers...

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 07:29:24 pm »

Veteran players should judge guides since GM/Devs don't know jack shit about playing as normal player.

You just proved that you don't have any idea what GMs/devs are doing, mr. "veteran", and should shut your mouth.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
Re: Beginners Guides Competition!
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 10:14:57 pm »

Making 5 minutes cooldows per 5 units of ore/minerals surely shows that GMs and Devs are putting themselvs in newb's situation. Also I don't remember calling myself veteran.
Developers, developers, developers, developers...

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 11:12:18 pm »

Making 5 minutes cooldows per 5 units of ore/minerals surely shows that GMs and Devs are putting themselvs in newb's situation. Also I don't remember calling myself veteran.

If only we were all so wise as you. Thank you dearly for your magnificent critique, it was neither pointless, nor retarded.

Further pointless crap will be removed from this thread.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 06:29:07 pm »

Well IMO devs should judge it, or instead of "guide competition" we will have "who has more friends competition"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45:27 pm »

Well IMO devs should judge it, or instead of "guide competition" we will have "who has more friends competition"

Point... but the person might also have the Devs as friends, no?
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 08:26:51 pm »

This is a guide to help out players, correct? I'm not saying we have to have the judging completely player-based, but I think a 'players choice' award should be included.
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 09:28:05 am »

Point... but the person might also have the Devs as friends, no?

Somehow I cant imagine devs being like "hey, this guide sucks, but lets make it a winning one, because my friend wrote it". If they want to give friends special items they will do it without competition.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JovankaB

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 10:48:53 am »

Only an idiot could think that developers would prefer to cheat some stupid item for some player than to choose the best possible tutorial for THEIR game. I doubt anyone from the staff cares who controls the towns or who has the most expensive items. I know I don't. Also all GMs are long time players, many of them still play and I can assure you we know very well how playing on normal char look like.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:09:52 am by JovankaB »

BurntAluminum

• The Intelligence Quotient
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 08:22:50 am »

Somehow I cant imagine devs being like "hey, this guide sucks, but lets make it a winning one, because my friend wrote it". If they want to give friends special items they will do it without competition.

Will they? I thought devs often kept out of player affairs unless they are needed for real, and not just to have their ass kissed.

Only an idiot could think that developers would prefer to cheat some stupid item for some player than to choose the best possible tutorial for THEIR game. I doubt anyone from the staff cares who controls the towns or who has the most expensive items. I know I don't. Also all GMs are long time players, many of them still play and I can assure you we know very well how playing on normal char look like.

I agree that staff should judge it, Devs probably have secret player characters, I know some GM's have had player characters in the past, and why the hell not?

Also uh... If that without competition thing counts with GM's... Can I have a Vertibird that bombs unsafe towns before entry, Jovy? I'll totally be your bestest friend!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 24 queries.