Poll

Want?

Want!
- 49 (94.2%)
Do not want :(
- 3 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Minefield!  (Read 7351 times)

Re: Minefield!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 07:47:53 am »

well i'm not sure but my guess is that in fallout tactics mines were detected in certain amount of time when in detection range so it was better to not run in minefields because you could explode without detecting it. Something like that could be used here.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 08:28:54 am »

I'm all for this. ATM, demo expert has 2 grenades and dynamite. In terms of battle, dynamite is basically useless since you can't throw it (correct me if i'm wrong). It is honestly only good for suicide bombing or reverse pickpocketing (which is extremely hard, usually requires a stationary target, and i'm not even sure if that works). Bipboy's suggestions would work very well for demo expert. They could be spread out among the three levels once Demo 3 is implemented, so you can craft more than grenades initially.

With this another item, the metal detector, could be added as a generic crafting recipe with a high science requirement. When in either hand, some traps (maybe not all types) would be shown in an immediate vicinity. When disarming these traps, there's a very very small % chance (depending on your traps skill/LK or some other stat) that you recover the entire trap.

The metal detector could also then be used in random encounter maps to find other things, like junk, EP, or a few caps, that could be dug up with a shovel (making the shovel more useful). Or even in some quests where the NPC tells you to go find x item on a very large spawned map.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 04:22:35 am »

I like this detector thing, you should make a suggestion thread about it.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 02:31:01 am »

I Want This, Mines would be epic. ( Dont they Already Exsist? I saw some dude Putting Mines down in NCR, Lol )
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 04:35:50 am »

mines and traps will add more strategy and fun for this game. I vote for it.
The max amount of mines should be based on traps skill, this way can prevent a char to craft mines and give to friends to turn maps in minefields.

With this another item, the metal detector, could be added as a generic crafting recipe with a high science requirement. When in either hand, some traps (maybe not all types) would be shown in an immediate vicinity.

radio+caculator = metal detector. XD
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 4.841 seconds with 24 queries.