"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 04:27:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Prison  (Read 5231 times)

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
The Prison
« on: April 25, 2010, 01:57:42 pm »

My proposal is to make prison as the new place on map (similar like NCR Army Base). There should goes catched thieves, bombers, player killers killing others in guarded city. Then, they should get a penatly to stay in prison for x days. But there will be other ways to get out:
- a friend can pay for you a bail (lvl of prisoner * 500caps)
- a pack of friends can recapture you from prison (so, they just can blow up the gate and attack the prison)
- a friend with big charisma and/or big speech can convince the guard to release you from the prison
- a prisoner can sneak to the gate and then, hiddien in shadows get out from the prison
That's just some ideas, but I think that would be great RP and also will stop some annoying bombers/thieves in city.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Re: The Prison
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 02:16:57 pm »

Great idea !!!
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 02:22:14 pm »

Good one.
How about penal labor, like mining a certain amount of ore for NCR? If you try to leave the designated area, or drop your ore, you get shot and respawned in the cell with nullified ore counter.
Of course, an organised raid will bail you out of custody.

That will prevent idling the durance out.

If the prison become overcrowded due to griefers, random prisoners are thrown into solitary cells. (single map)

Arry

• TTTLA
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 02:35:42 pm »

very good idea, but when you go in jail, if you go again it become worse and worse for you to escape without waiting

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:48:18 pm »

So, I see that this idea is liked by everyone :P
What about devs/GMs? Do you like it?

VseSrost

• yogurt eyes android
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 08:40:52 pm »

Granted, this is interesting solution and the added bonus of this game.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:21:11 pm »

im for it, i think it would be really cool. allthough id still like to get stolen items back from guards after a thief is killed more then this at the moment. guard looting still blows :p
plasma nade your face off!

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 09:22:33 pm »

- a friend can pay for you a bail (lvl of prisoner * 500caps)

Will be abused by players who got everything anyway.

- a pack of friends can recapture you from prison (so, they just can blow up the gate and attack the prison)

Players who have everything anyway, can always raid the jail. We already have some smaller player groups who can raid whole (guarded) towns.

- a friend with big charisma and/or big speech can convince the guard to release you from the prison

One talkative and charismatic alt can get you out of the jail, always.

- a prisoner can sneak to the gate and then, hiddien in shadows get out from the prison

Same as above, once you got the skills, you do it in a short time.

All named points can be abused or aren't a real punishment. It will be a pain only for players who don't have everything.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:24:30 pm by Lexx »

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 09:36:34 pm »

One talkative and charismatic alt can get you out of the jail, always.
So how about that you must be online to get out when someone else is paying/taking you out? Alt problem dissapear.

Will be abused by players who got everything anyway.
Maybe, but finally you will get rid of that and become more carefully next time, 21(lvl)*500caps = 10500caps - that's not so small, even for that 21lvl. Anyway, 500caps per lvl is just example, it may be 1000.

Players who have everything anyway, can always raid the jail. We already have some smaller player groups who can raid whole (guarded) towns.
That's the point, we like it and wants it (maybe not everyone). Raiding prison is a lot better idea than making an army which is stucked in one place and depends from whims of Izual....

Same as above, once you got the skills, you do it in a short time.
Not everyone has enough sneak skill (and/or luck) to get out this way. If he fail, he will get into separated cage from which he wouldn't escape. Then the only way to leave is to wait or have friends who will pay for ya.

And about players without nothing... that's just their problem they hooliganize in guarded city without friends/money/skills/charisma.
And look for players reactions - they like it, I see here a lot more enthusiasm than in the "BIG-UBER-PRO ARMY ROLEPLAY!"...

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:00:38 pm »

i concur with the above post, basically there are some really good points and the reasons to not do it are flimsy at best. creating consequences to negative actions beyond karma drops would make people think twice before greifing an entire city, at the moment negative karma is a joke to pvp players, the only people it affects are crafters and non power builds, and half the time if we got negative karma its because we finally get fed up with an uncatchable thief and go and explode them one way or another. i dunno maybe this thread should be turned into a poll.

p.s. i think if the prison was set to have guards shoot armed wastelanders it would be a good idea, it would make raiding more difficult and less frequent, especially if there were decent guards cause lets face it, if your a guard in a prison meant for thiefs and psychotic killers your going to be well armed, hell i could even see the BOS running the show, and that would really deter some people from just running in there and going buckwild if they saw a bunch of BOS initiates in PA and miniguns.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:06:50 pm by Aricvomit »
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 11:50:44 pm »

Instead of contradicting the idea, it'd be better to suggest improvements.
I really like it and always wanted a jail. It should be a western type jail though, with a sheriff and stuff :]
The idea is great and the idea of penal labor really fits it and could be a penalty.

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 02:00:02 am »

good idea. we want the jail.
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 02:05:08 am »

I like this idea. But i have another one. Make special location for cheaters/dual loggers/game abusers: One big map, on every hex one brahmin shit, one key under the random shit, one shovel.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:31 am »

hmm, well i personally don't see this as all that good of a idea.

it will make people who get items stolen and waste the thief go to jail, and the people who steal and get shot loss their items, but still be free.

simple as that.

not to mention, why would NCR waste the money to build a super max con can one they just shoot people for breaking the law in a serious way now?

just from a in character stand point, anyway.

cheers.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:47 am »

I like this idea. But i have another one. Make special location for cheaters/dual loggers/game abusers: One big map, on every hex one brahmin shit, one key under the random shit, one shovel.
+10
this is excellent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.