"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 09:43:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Restrict insta kills to players that have the better critical perk  (Read 7144 times)

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
Re: Restrict insta kills to players that have the better critical perk
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 12:08:06 pm »

Big guns are expensive to craft , expensive to feed.
Rockwell gold card owner.

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 02:42:56 pm »

As Nice_boat said in some other topic instacrits make even not-powerbuilders dangerous and thats a good thing. So for current PvP it brings more good than bad. But current PvP or combat in general is far from perfect and nothing even distantly reminding instakills should exist at later versions (when stuff is more balanced so it won't need such "solutions").
Theres the problem, you dont need to be a sniper to instakill, just a rat with some luck.

If FOnline didnt have a level restriction there would be NO way to balance instakills. Lvl 200 bigguner with a vindicator vs a lvl 200 SG with sniper. Both have 200.000.000 HP Long battle...
Vindicator hits Sniper 10 times for 100dmg/burst for a total of 1000 damage. He has 199.999.000 hp. Sniper crits Vindicator 10 times 100 dmg each for 1000 dmg, seems pretty balance right? But...*gasp* The last crit was an instakill. Short battle? Lvl restrictions help atm, but why include such a flawed mechanic that just CANT be balanced later on, if there would be alternatives, like higher multipliers that achieve the same amount of damage, and thus killing your target, BUT that can be balanced.
You can not even start to "balance" weapons with a perk thats called "IWIN Button" and call it "balance" because the button itself is small. Why not just add a 100% instakill IWIN button with a 2 day cooldown?
There are soo many alternatives to boost stuff like the throwing knife, like stuns, roots(impale leg to ground), snares(dunno, crippling poisoned throwing knife), dots(bleed effects), item perks that lower enemy stats(chance to hit, endurance, perception(temporary blindness), etc), item perks that lower enemy AP regeneration/max AP, E.T.C.
Sure, the engine isnt ready to support any of this,but... Geez were talking about INSTAKILLS, AAAAAA
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 11:28:31 pm »

Big guns are expensive to craft , expensive to feed.

And money is no object to pvpers.

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:50 am »

And money is no object to pvpers.
i mean materials
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 03:17:15 am »

Just letting know, I don't think there is anything wrong with insta-kills. I actually really like them.
Don't always look at what's easier and better for you but look at the whole concept. It's actually lovely.

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 12:23:05 pm »

Well the concept part is what bugs people like me, the concept of "killing", not "doing damage". You shoot someone and kill, just like IRL. No epic crits of X damage, just kills. The text message of X damage is just cosmetic, it doesnt matter. You can instant kill a rat for 8 damage, or a centaur for 400 damage. See what i mean? In rpgs you dont just kill, you do damage. This isnt an FPS boomheadshot, or real life. In singleplayer nobody cared but you couldnt kill bosses with instacrits anyway.
Sorry, ill stop now..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:25:52 pm by FischiPiSti »
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 04:37:03 pm »

What I don't understand is: an instantkill will kill regardless of damage?
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 04:45:19 pm »

An instankill instantly put you at 0HP, with the damage corresponding to your actual health.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 05:07:10 pm »

Looking Critical Table, it says "only with Better Criticals it's possible to roll 101 (instantkills)"

So that's the way it should be, looks more a bug than a suggestion  :)
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 05:13:53 pm »

Well the concept part is what bugs people like me, the concept of "killing", not "doing damage". You shoot someone and kill, just like IRL. No epic crits of X damage, just kills. The text message of X damage is just cosmetic, it doesnt matter. You can instant kill a rat for 8 damage, or a centaur for 400 damage. See what i mean? In rpgs you dont just kill, you do damage. This isnt an FPS boomheadshot, or real life. In singleplayer nobody cared but you couldnt kill bosses with instacrits anyway.
Sorry, ill stop now..

In my opinion, a lower player could insta kill an ant but not a centaur until he is max level. It depends from the players strength and the strength of the opponent. That doesn't make it a boomheadshot moment but a high level rpg character coolness.
And it's sort of like an ultra doing damage" more than "killing"
I don't know if I get the whole concept myself but that's what I like :3
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2010, 06:24:53 pm »

What I don't understand is: an instantkill will kill regardless of damage?

It does exactly as much damage as they have HP, it drops them to 0.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 21 queries.