"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:40:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Here in my car I feel safest of all  (Read 11599 times)

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Here in my car I feel safest of all
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 08:26:50 am »

(...) Failed luck check destroys tools and gives a 2 hour cooldown. (...)

Only 2h? Oh come on, let it be 5h. Or a day... wait, two days! Week?
Games are meant to be created, not played...

avv

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 07:40:43 pm »

Why can't we just put a merc stay in the car and prevent anyone from stealing it? Doesn't sound too irrational. Or just bribe the local guards to pay some extra attention on that car of yours.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 11:17:57 pm »

If people can only see car spot if they are on or one away from the tile that the car is at (2 tiles if they have the Scout perk). That would be an improvement I think. If you get caught right next to NCR you are still screwed, but I think that makes some sense because everyone is going to be walking past you and moving around NCR.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:24:16 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 12:48:21 pm »

And why people can safely steal your car at guarded town? Why guards ignoring him? Lockpicking a car must be almost the same as stealing an item.

What about car's signaling? Impossible to craft and be able to buy this feature somewhere at unguarded town. So if someone will try to lockpick your car even in sneak mode and this city is guarded, then he'll have some problems.
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 03:10:18 pm »

And why people can safely steal your car at guarded town? Why guards ignoring him? Lockpicking a car must be almost the same as stealing an item.

What about car's signaling? Impossible to craft and be able to buy this feature somewhere at unguarded town. So if someone will try to lockpick your car even in sneak mode and this city is guarded, then he'll have some problems.

Wait, you mean a car alarm? That's... An awesome idea!
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 03:11:46 pm »

Wait, you mean a car alarm? That's... An awesome idea!

I am depressed none of us thought of that.
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 11:29:25 pm »

I am depressed none of us thought of that.

Car alarm = angry dog sleeping in the back seat

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 10:58:27 pm »

ok so after reading up on cars.. I want a buggy but is it worth it ? I mean am I just going to lose it or wat? I was guna make a new topic but il chat in this one... any pros and cons for getting a car? I mean lets really try to figure out if their worth it or not... I really want one lol but I dont want to waste the caps for nothing...

So... lets say Im driving my car out of my depot to explore the wastes to pick up some loot... (reason why I want one) would this be worth the caps or shoudl I just upgrade my outdoorsman and forget about cars?

and lets say I run out of gas... will there be a visible yellow circle for all the see on the world map ?
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 01:19:54 am »

Any time you are in an encounter, other people can see your car on the world map. It isn't just if your car runs out of gas.

If you are close to civilization like NCR, you are going to get hoards of noobs coming in out of curiosity, if you are lucky.
If you are unlucky, you will be attracting some big gang that will blow the shit out of you.
And then you will also attract players that will come in while you are battling the big gang and steal your car with Lockpick.  :P

Right now, I agree cars needs major improvements.

I can't really think of any good ideas other than putting a sensor bomb on the car that will blow anyone that isn't in your faction up upon touching the car. It will damage the car a lot, but also damage the thief a lot.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 07:06:40 pm »

Hey  Badger, rejoice, it seems the devs actually implemented something of this!

/implemented.

Korusho

• Beeop? BEEOP! BEEEEOOOOOPPPPP
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 09:45:55 am »

Car alarm = angry dog sleeping in the back seat

Make trunk lockpickable, not car. Some things you really shouldnt have to be forced to lose. It just doens't make sense to do that. If cars are stealable, then so should bases. And mines. And everything. even NCR, even A vault city turret, a ghoul, a death claw, an entire regiment of remnants of master's army, a GM, a Dev, a Dev's tent, all of the game. ALL OF EVERYTHING AND FOREVER. Solar.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:58:02 am by Korusho »
I wonder if this tripwire has enough BZZT in it...
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010, 05:07:03 pm »

Is there a hard limit on car prices?

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2010, 05:26:40 pm »

Well a recent fix, they did say that prices of cars shouldn't raise quite so harsh, as the case just after wipe to present.  Other than some people buying cars, and someone keeping track or saying what they sold them for, have no clue if it worked however.  I bought my Buggy day before that fix.   :'(
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.