"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:38:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New base  (Read 9470 times)

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
Re: New base
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 05:41:31 pm »

Im at Necropolis right now and I have a little problem. I found a ghul who knows something about the guy I'm looking for, but he moved, the dialog window closed and now I can't talk to him anymore. The other ghouls won't talk to me neither. Can I talk to them later again or can I forget the quest?
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 06:35:39 pm »

Where is the guy who give the quest please ? For the old bunker.

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 06:39:43 pm »

People used to buy few bases (to have safe access to resources and few more places to store equipment around the world) and because of that more of the faction names are restricted. Why not to allow factions to have up to X own places on the world map?
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 06:51:26 am »

abandoned bunker costs 500 000 is this a mistake or ...?
it seems comparable to gas station, but it sure is expensive... helluva expensive... and when you think that you could have bases all around the world and a spare outpost...

pay tell me its a bug, say it was meant to be 50k, hell, i think 60 would be ok too.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 12:28:47 pm »

The price of the bases depends on the amount of lockers and containers in the map. The abandoned bunker has a lot of them and a lot free room.
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 12:34:35 pm »

That makes no sense, the cave only has 3 containers and costs the same as the depot, and the depot has 9. And much more space.

Scrapheap has 7 and costs 70k.
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »

Maybe its because the depot is harder to defend?
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 12:39:11 pm »

It's a bunker. An abandoned frickin bunker. They don't grown on trees. Nobody forces you to buy it. The price, IMO, is adequate to the amount of prestige you get for having a big-ass bunker for your base.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:00 pm »

But it has very few in-base resources.
I guess, the price should incorporate that...

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 12:47:17 pm »

That makes no sense, the cave only has 3 containers and costs the same as the depot, and the depot has 9. And much more space.

Check out the Brahmins you get with the base. These have influence on the prices as well.

Beside this: The cave just has one entrance, the depot has a lot.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 12:48:14 pm »

Maybe its because the depot is harder to defend?
Why? There is only one entrance in depot's main building, same as cave. There are no windows, such as in cave. Where is the difference in defending both? Is there any hidden air-strike feature to carpet bomb whole depot?

Price of bunker is not a mistake, I checked - guy wants 500k caps, no more no less. Is it worth? Piece of luxury in the Wastes needs to be expensive. It might have chemicals source instead of second electronic parts, but what else? HQ mine on lower level? Junk barrel? Trees? Nigga, please, sometimes it is refreshing to move outside base.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 12:48:46 pm »

Scrapheap has 7 and costs 70k.

And you forgot that cave have 2 maps and depo only 1 :D
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 01:17:28 pm »

One one more click when entering / exiting and one loading time - thats inconvenience from my point of view, not something usefull.
Btw, cave has two maps too, but it is a bit cheaper :)

Berko

• Tim Tom Ted
    • http://kabefis.deviantart.com/
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 01:29:00 pm »

Hum for Cave Vs Depot, 2 small maps against 1 big, I thinks at the end they have almost the same surface (usable area)

But yeah the cave look poor if we compare it with the other 30k base (the depot)
No wood, no flint, no junk, less container but hum ..
-It may be more than 1 people to use the workbench
-We can use the first map to protect the second one with mercenary/slave (the 1st map become useless)

For the second point, it's difficult because not enough container or usable area in the second map (the cave) so we use the first map (exterior of cave) like we do with tent : deposit on the ground like an outdoor container. But with that solution it's the same as the depot, majority of our stuff is in the first map with our mercenary.

But .. it's a cave! If we love it we pay it :)
~~~ Ashes of Phoenix project --> http://fonline-aop.net/ ~~~
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 10:44:50 pm »

Be warned, that if you want to buy this base, you have to retake the town from the controlling gang. Because they have campers and lots of guards there. Sounds unfair to me, because you even do not have a faction for the job.
Kinda sucks when you learn it the hard way... :(

Can you please explain in detail?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.