"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Read first sentence, then maybe only part of topic, then vote.

Yes, this is the right step forward.
- 27 (45%)
No, it is not good enough or not needed.
- 7 (11.7%)
I have my own solution.
- 6 (10%)
I saw a pie in the sky!
- 20 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Idling system.  (Read 17291 times)

Re: Idling system.
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:13 am »

So you want to be able to log in and go straight into Combat Zone pvp?
He wants a loophole so he could bypass the idling timer, but he got told by Jovanka and now he's just posting random nonsense with tears streaming down his cheeks.
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2013, 11:14:04 am »

If I haven't been in game yet, yes. I am disgusted by the principle that I have to wait in order to play the game once I enter it, that is just not normal no matter how you look at it.

I see no reason to leave loopholes for cheaters

Your loophole is a duck tape fix, the loophole is already there you just have to prepare prior to it and can be bypassed and it is already on daily basis of Town Control. You simply aren't aware of that.

because a couple people want to have ability to jump at others anytime they want with combat character(s) logged off in a convenient place.

I think the game is better when you can't do it anyway.

That's a nice twist for players who want to play the game when they enter it, your solution is flawed and that kind of logic, your logic is supported by you and only you.

The only immediate risk can come from people actually playing in the moment and risking something, not from a swarm safely waiting on mumble for any call for help.

I can play at the same time and just not be able to participate in some action when I want, your solution is duck tape like I said. I can, for example, get in order my base, do some logistics, craft, but when I want to do some action I always have to wait on that stupid timer of yours, even if I want it on the same character I use, because each time I enter safe zone ... doh well you know what happens.

This is ability that organizations with lots of combat alts and people online (but not in game) had, and now they don't, well boo-hoo. Welcome in harsh wasteland.

Oh your the expert on organization, you should come play and then see how much time it takes only to gather sufficient amount of players for few minutes of combat, but you will never understand until you experience it. Why the hell anyone needs to wait for anything else? You shouldn't talk about this matter if you aren't in touch with it daily.

Doesn't matter, free proxies from Latvia are lagging and loosing disconnection often, because free proxies are of low quality connection types pretty much always from all countries and is at the expense of speed and reliability. Find stable, free proxy that doesn't lag, and trust me when I say that it is a good challenge.

He wants a loophole so he could bypass the idling timer, but he got told by Jovanka and now he's just posting random nonsense with tears streaming down his cheeks.

I don't need this to bypass anything, I can already bypass it. I want it just for the sake of comfort and reason. I want to play the game when I enter it and not just part of it and not wait on anything, shit that is so much to ask. If you can't comprehend that, well it is really not my problem and don't mess up space in this topic.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:18:27 am by T-888 »

Rage master

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 11:57:42 am »

but this is bullcrap. u think everyone want to cheat. so if u want it maby set iddling cap? to 3mins?

JovankaB

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2013, 12:01:15 pm »

but this is bullcrap. u think everyone want to cheat. so if u want it maby set iddling cap? to 3mins?

It is capped at 2.5 minutes.

Also you have immunity from increase for 20s after entering base and for 5 minutes after you die.

It matters only if you want to jump right away into already started combat with a character which was idling safely.

Not everyone wants to cheat, but if it is possible to cheat then sooner or later everyone does it and the rest quits.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:27:16 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 01:47:01 pm »

Also you have immunity from increase for 20s after entering base and for 5 minutes after you die.

It isn't enough, if I need to go to base to drop loot, take drugs/ammo, I have always 20-30 seconds of idling timer once back on world map depending on what spawn in base.

It matters only if you want to jump right away into already started combat with a character which was idling safely.

Town Control zone is always such a zone without exceptions.

Not everyone wants to cheat, but if it is possible to cheat then sooner or later everyone does it and the rest quits.

Players cheat now, I will cheat, because hey I can. Maybe some day you will understand, but it doesn't mean everyone will automatically leave, this is, will be more or less like previous session with a lot of loopholes, but nobody is and will be forced to follow in order to have some chance. In other words the whole server will not need 5-6 alts to join a fight, less extreme but that means ...

there is always some percent of cheaters, even if there is one loophole, but players get used to that also, with some whine on top of it of course.

avv

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2013, 02:16:04 pm »

I'd rather listen cheaters complain about features than players complain about cheaters.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 02:38:18 pm »

Be careful, you might not get what you wish for and what then?

Get some backbone and learn to play fair then.

Or what?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:47:40 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2013, 02:46:26 pm »

I will cheat, because hey I can.

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2013, 03:04:31 pm »

Ur asking a sot not to play then.They cry about this new idling system caz they cant cheat.mb sot can tell us how many characters they lost from permaban since this new update

Rage master

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2013, 03:46:32 pm »

Hehehe i like to see sot loosing fight after fight after last update...:)
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2013, 05:33:33 pm »

sot can tell us how many characters they lost from permaban since this new update

This all is totally off-topic, but yeah okay.

2, one taxi and some anti troll character.

I can see your both equally intelligent, please don't try to enlighten me with your garbage, because garbage doesn't shine and isn't very bright to begin with, just like you.

Either stay on topic or don't bother me.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:01 pm »

dafuq is an anti troll?

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:06 pm »

This all is totally off-topic, but yeah okay.

I can see your both equally intelligent, please don't try to enlighten me with your garbage, because garbage doesn't shine and isn't very bright to begin with, just like you.

Either stay on topic or don't bother me.

At least u got the guts to admit it.well some of the truth.U still trying to avoid the whole picture though.this question wasnt only for u but to ur gang also.Im pretty sure there was more violations from ur gang.since u are the most intelligent here,y u are the only one that cant comprehend something simple like the iddle mechanics?Answer caz u want to cheat.So i suggest u to move to another server and  STFU about this new feature caz its the best thing that happened from the start of this section.
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2013, 08:18:54 pm »

You don't understand how even the feature works or maybe you don't understand what I am suggesting, I can tell even by how blunt, dumb statements you make about my faction being cheaters and whatnot, because it is totally besides the point. Anyway, like the factions you are playing with are some angels, give me a fucking break man.

I can "smell" it in the air that you don't understand something. ;D

Nobody is going to start suddenly start cheating after the suggestion, those who cheat, cheat now and will cheat then.

Understand the basic mechanics of what I am suggesting and what is behind them, otherwise no bad English, mocking clown is going to tell me what to do in the topic I created. Comprehend that.

Last time, either you stay on topic of something relevant or gtfo.

dafuq is an anti troll?

::) There was time with armor class trolls gone wild, there was time when players made specialized characters to counter them, you of all people should know that.

JovankaB

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2013, 12:26:31 am »

Nobody is going to start suddenly start cheating after the suggestion, those who cheat, cheat now and will cheat then.

I saw what appeared to be relogging between proxy char and normal char in Redding today.
Triple1ght and Equalizer (IP was Latvian free proxy), rings a bell? Quite pathetic, but also
very visible. With the last changes the most cheap tactics got a huge blow, it seems you
still try them but it's quite clumsy. I saw you struggling with those relogs, you had to switch
between them every 3 min. Would you disappear, you would get Idler status in TC, ouch.

But anyway, it's fast relog but only useful for scouting, really inconvenient, so not a big deal.
But with your suggestion you could relog to full raging PvP ape left on the world map and
attack people who killed you with the next wave. I think that's exactly what you want and you
won't get it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:35:38 am by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 34 queries.