"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Flamers  (Read 6013 times)

Re: Flamers
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 05:42:25 pm »

10 damage per second for 5 seconds, very good idea but will be completely negated by dt not even including DR, the buff I suggested would be perfect.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 05:50:47 pm »

Poison ignores the DT. why would fire do otherwise ? can be a special case: combat armors would ignore half the damage, metal armor wouldn't protect, and leather thingies would take only 1/4.

This way a loser in leather jacket wouldn't be such a loser after all.
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 06:00:03 pm »

Keep in mind that while they are losing hp they can still attack and kill you, you are over complicating it, pyro dr reduction and imp flamer 100% knockdown chance would be much more effective and undertandable.
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 06:11:18 pm »

Yeah, but flamers were de-facto kamikazes during wars: easy to spot, hated by all. will reflect this if it leads to a slow but garanteed death.
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 06:22:27 pm »

I sugest the effect of reducing the targets AP  no knockbacks so they can still run away or fight there if you want too... a jet user would be in a pain if he cant use 14AP only 7... for a short time! or if this not enough then maybe half AP regeneration in the main time its like a panic efect on you "Shet im burning"
Do you hear the voices too?

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 06:24:45 pm »

flamers with 100% knockdowns huh, so I guess 5 bluesuit trolls with  flamers would be able to kill a unity patrol with no problem

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 06:31:15 pm »

If you manage to make Flamers too good, 2 guys then could cover any narrow entrance, because of mentioned KD and wide radius of full dmg (no reduction like with burst weapons) and high dmg. The result is camping and frustrating 2 hit instakills.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 06:49:15 pm »

So you' 're telling me someone holding an avenger can't instalkill in 2 bursts with dedicated perks and so ammo.. it need a Dr reduction buff and also a buff to compensate for the low range, your silly enough to get within that range they should get 2 burst kills and remember if they are 6 vexed you can not get them and they can always run if they want.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 06:56:06 pm »

There are various ways how to raise DR, but none how to increase FR besides armour. If those guys with flamers are camping, talking about range is pointless.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 07:00:10 pm »

Damage resistance increased by toughness and psycho also affects fire resistance.
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 07:03:16 pm »

I still see the result as AP halved wen hit by a flamer.... no knockbacks... each time you are hit by the flamer the AP halved agan until your AP rach a minim what is needed to open a door or use of stims!!!! this would make players to run away from flamers in panic and will make the weapon a potential PVP equipment! whit the same ammount of damage! its sould be caled a a weapon perk like panicky! would make it a great camp breacher! ohh and ofc only againts humanoid! Power armors would be immune and Mutans too so it wont make the farming easyer
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:07:08 pm by Ed Wood »
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 07:09:15 pm »

so if the person has 2 action boys and be of they can still by burst you once you flame them despite what you said and that's only if you can get within range and they can burst you before you get in range aswell
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 07:16:05 pm »

Damage resistance increased by toughness and psycho also affects fire resistance.
Are you sure about that? Last time i checked, toughness increases only normal damage DT/DR.
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 07:22:05 pm »

And what if the flamer get a better chance of cripling becos there is no aimed shootsm, and if you ask me, whit burned hands you cant touch shit, maybe the flamer could do cripling whit 50% chance or not cripling just force the victim to drop the weapon curently holding!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 07:24:42 pm »

We are not basing this off of rl as that will be way too complex,

and does psycho increase fire Dr or just normal as well?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 7.121 seconds with 21 queries.