"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:31:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Armor and weapon upgrade/bonus blueprints.  (Read 4356 times)

Re: Armor and weapon upgrade/bonus blueprints.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 01:06:16 am »

It's fallout based game not wow or diabolo.

If you state such a restriction, it is just stupid. Fallout wasn't a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, want some sustainable gameplay and variety, don't set dumb restrictions.

It'd be good for gameplay and it is just a matter of getting used to.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 01:37:51 am »

yes if we limit the game to source material you might as well give up now.

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 01:47:50 am »

It's fallout based game not wow or diabolo.
LOL, it is? Could have fooled me.

Besides, this game is not even close to fallout with all the FR, trolls, etc.

The topic idea is also a great one.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 01:53:56 am »

Poopy shovel with +10 damage modifier to lvl 1 players and a +20% to hit chance.....
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 02:51:59 am »

How about the +5 ego cap of the pompous fool.
Obtainable only from TC chest.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 10:09:11 am »

Upgrading ammo, armor and weapons is a nice idea however they shouldn't give magically action points or stats to player. Some slight boost to item stat is ok tough I think. But it would take time to make and I would much rather see other suggestion implemented then this one to be honest.

Kyle

• Morituri Te Salutant
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 01:30:46 pm »

Well,the idea sounds nice, but I wouldnt go that far with it. Those who tell,that this isnt Diabolo or WOW and its based on original fallout,well the problem is, that FAllout was propably never meant to be massive online game, so little changes would be appreciated,especially when we cant have all the weapons and armors (power armors and things like this,which are forbiden) which were in the original single player game.

On the other side, I would prefer making footlockers more common,Bps less hard to find,more armors,fix crafting drugs and obtianing HQ material etc. I mean, lets just fix what is neccessary and then we can make ideas about special upgrades...

We could also connect this idea with joining to BoS or Enclave, cause the idea of upgrading armors if we take it the way like  *whopa wasteland style*, these kind of things should be able to do high qualified mechanic with technologies for improving armors and weapons,and these people could be find only in the factions like BoS or Enclave...at least,we would have a chance to make more quests and options to them,and pros which would give players a motivation for joining to them..

For example:
Enclaves - improving high tech armors,some weapons (like kevlar armors and for example big guns)
BoS - ability to upgrade BOS kevlar armor and some other + small guns..

avv

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 02:54:16 pm »

Upgrading ammo, armor and weapons is a nice idea however they shouldn't give magically action points or stats to player.

Why not? If you want realism, then everything has to be realistic. Can't just state that "this part here needs to be realistic but that there doesn't".
I think bonus stats from items are fully justified in a game that revolves around items. Most equipment doesn't even stack so they might as well have some unique statistics.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 03:42:17 pm »

I don't really get that, items that boost player stat don't look realistic, however weapons can be modified to have better performance. I can't see it realistic that an armor would give Action points to a character, but I totally understand if a leather jacket gets plated with kevlar and starts to give better protection.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »

If you state such a restriction, it is just stupid. Fallout wasn't a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, want some sustainable gameplay and variety, don't set dumb restrictions.

It'd be good for gameplay and it is just a matter of getting used to.

Cant wait for some drain life ability, which will heal its user. Then some Magic Combat Armor which will make the owner immune to normal atacks, and so on...
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 07:15:00 pm »

Yeah, I don't know where the "magic X" came from, but there is a lot of "magic" left in FOnline. For example: sneaking, you "magically" get the invisibility cloak.

Seriously, if you want a realistic game, go play a game based on realism then.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 03:51:25 am »

remember fallout 2 getting the items in a quest to harden your power armor, why not have something similiar for leather armors or something, not much rework to do.  Just added armor, and quests.....  Which I think is a great addition to the spirit of Fonline (not BGonline....)
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Hawk Looter

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 04:05:59 am »

U Have la mk1 and mk2...or u want mk3...instead of upgrading armors maby we can get ba and ea in this game. Or ncr from npcs. Ncr ca is to weak vs laser
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 06:39:39 am »

Phoenix implant plox

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.391 seconds with 30 queries.