"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:54:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No Loot  (Read 2186 times)

No Loot
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:48:30 am »

So whenever I search containers, dead things, or try and steal, they have nothing! Even when I trade with NPC's, they have nothing! Any help or clue as to what is going on here?

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
Re: No Loot
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:59:37 am »

If you are talking about containers in towns, they all have been looted already. Might be an odd 1 or 2 lockers which may have stuff as other players may ty to hide it there.

Best way to get loot would be to find a vs encounter and loot the dead after the winners have taken their pick.

As for trading, trade with the trader NPC's. They got stuff.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:08:22 am »

I got a random encounter, and tried to loot some mantis and gecko. Nothing there. Tried to trade with the merchant, he had nothing.

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:12:00 am »

Mantis dont carry loot, all insects and animals dont carry loot, save the geckos and brahmin. Geckos has pelts, but you need the perk to skin them first. Brahmin carry hides, which may be used to make a tent when you got 10.

The merchant in random encounters usually have nada in stock.

Better to find something a la Patrol vs Raiders or something.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 11:16:27 am »

Try other players. ;D
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:02 am »

Problem is, I have no weapon, and a few raiders just took a shotgun and splattered my brains over the walls. X_X
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 11:27:30 am »

I got a random encounter, and tried to loot some mantis and gecko. Nothing there.
hehehe like every newbie ;D this mmo is not like every others. dont expect mantis to drop armors and guns.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 01:28:46 pm »

Best advice is to get into crafting and craft yourself a weapon

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 02:14:05 pm »

Start out as a realtime scavanger, go into friendy vs badguy encounters and let them slug it out then let the good guys loot what they want, you will end up with the scraps.  Good versus encounters like that are vc patrols versus ghouls around vault city.  Unity vs rogues around broken hills, etc,.   Then when you have a few guns and ammo stored safely away at your tent, you can try killing rats, scorpions, mantises yourself for experience, the first say 6 levels are crucial to any kind of success besides being a stain on some mean NPC's shoe.  I suggest your initial combat to be in Turn based as it isn't as frantic and is more relaxed especially for noobies, but ymmv.  Find hunting parties in NCr like Cari, she is an awesome host for getting your first few kills and gear.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 04:27:32 pm »

or ask some hunting groups if you could join them or ask some players about equip

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 05:53:32 pm »

You can always find marauders vs rangers or powder gang vs NCR army and loot them quickly when they die and run away
Back In-Game :D

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 09:09:54 pm »

or ask help from the "newbi helper gangs" you can find in faction anountsments

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 10:21:09 pm »

jafarmer if you need help in game join on irc #tsar we are active again as a faction and are willing to help those in need when we are in playing.
Roaming the waste again.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »

.........anountsments......
I lol'd sooo hard!
Also, jafarmer, try irc.forestnet.org and use channel #thelastlight
The last light helps newbies like yourself.
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 10:42:16 pm »

OP is insane, I just ran past a Mantis-hit squad with m60's and flamethrowers, lucky for me they were too busy trying to kill the geckos sniping them from far away.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.