"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:41:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: An apology to some of the new players I had introduced.  (Read 4913 times)

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
Re: An apology to some of the new players I had introduced.
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 11:16:58 am »

I don't get it?
Why did he post this????

because they are an
Undercover whiner.

almost every time someone posts why they are leaving the game is the fact they thought it was going to be fallout 2 multiplayer. there should be a spoiler alert informing the new player that this is not at all the case.
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 01:27:23 pm »

I think you guys are getting paranoic... "An clone account whiner!" "He have friends, impossible! Lies!"

I have seen many messages of this kind in the past, with same main points "started few days ago", "Getting killed by PKers", "Dont like the game". I dont understand why anyone would want to make a clone account to say something like this, it is not like he asks for something or attacks a specific group in game (which could have been a purpose in making a clone account).

I find it weird however to see a dude complaining about how bad and harsh the game has been to him in his first few days, in other words crying out in forum, and he is met same as in game, with guns and accusions. Makes me wonder no longer, why he was threated harshly ingame, its the same people perhaps, that look for bluesuit to kill on forum as they cannot find one ingame, becouse those left the game and seek help in forums :]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:29:17 pm by kttdestroyer »
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 03:01:22 pm »

Firsts week or two i was scared as shit of EVERYTHING. Even those rocks, dangerously lying there, frightened me. I was expecting PK behind every tree.

I was so much enjoying that. Best times.

P.S.: And like Kombajn said, it took me almost a year to start noticing those flaws this game have.

P.P.S.: Noobs should not be allowed to enter the game without reading wiki and forum before. Or absolve some basic training. May be those noob zones are really needed.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 03:36:57 pm »

I don't really understand what Web is trying to say.
Back In-Game :D

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 03:37:59 pm »

I totally agree that new players just joining (or new characters just being registered) should be prompted to read the wiki and forum, but even more importantly: the rules!

The rules could be emailed to that player and the player should have to click "I Agree" somewhere to complete registration. This game is not set up that way, i know, but this would more properly support the bans and other rules enforcements. To impose the rules without even prompting the player to see them, simply is not right.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 03:39:11 pm »

P.P.S.: Noobs should not be allowed to enter the game without reading wiki and forum before.

The problem with that is that a significant amount of information presented is flat out wrong.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

True. It's not easy at all for a wiki editor to maintain content in this environment since it so rapidly changes. Wiki editors need to have solid comm with the devs so we're not guessing at the data - we would need sure-fire answers straight from the developers and then the wiki could be a lot closer to 100%.

However, this leads to an idea...we could at least add an Official Rules page to the wiki. Wording things would be a precise work though and once again i would hope to have direct comm with the devs on that.

avv

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 04:02:14 pm »

Won't be very tempting game if new players are asked to do this and that. Newbies don't suddenly man up when they meet this game. They check it out, if it isn't fun and addictive immediately they just leave.
Can't be harsh with newbies, it doesn't do any good.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 04:05:59 pm »

Well in my case, i see rules and bans but i don't see anything prompting players to read them or acknowledge them. So it should be either click the rules or drop them. This business of "you find the rules on your own" means they are effectively optional.

JovankaB

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 04:23:30 pm »

I agree that game rules could be on wiki, but I don't really understand how game rules are
relevant to problems of a typical newbie. Bans don't happen that often, and usually they
happen to people who have been around for months or years and know well what's forbidden.
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 04:34:50 pm »

Well, as far as I have understood it, you won't get that kind of dialog and a good chunk of game mechanics remain shrouded in mystery. I suspect this is why some players go to the trouble of doing extensive tests to get an idea about how some of the mechanics work. And then get banned on the forum.

For what it's worth, the forum is actually worse in terms of misinformation and if we keep belittling and occasionally insulting new players (who sometimes post with very valid points as to why their experience has been frustrating) for not checking the forums, maybe we all should try to curb our bullshit a little bit.
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 04:20:10 am »

Your deductions are wrong. He is not whining because of the game is harsh, game isnt harsh at all. Just the playing style of the players is disgust him because its based on killing other players and lying for it, stealing from other players and lying for it, trolling etc. A game cant be elite if players are not, a mmorpg cant be fun if players are not.

Well, he wrote that he discovered FO few days back, so I assume that he p did not create his forum account until today. I wouldn't say he is a troll as what he wrote is rather a whining.
All his arguments are:

1. The game is to harsh, I constantly lose my gear and quest items because of death.
2. The game is to harsh, I don't have much time, because I am going to work (dude, 80% of us got a day job).
3. The game is to harsh, my friends must know it, before they delete their accounts on Hello Kitty Online.

Few words to you, Webrv. You don't mail your friends, because your are affraid that no one of them think of this game like you do. If harshness of this game is a problem for you, then you made a good decission leaving this game - crying babies are not welcome here.

Funny things is that when I started to play 2238 I saw first problems after few months of constant playing, I did see them earlier as I was blinded by the fuckin-good-shitnees of it, that's strange, I must be fucked up or smth.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 04:26:18 am »

I can't believe that you would apologize for coming across a great game and then complaining and whining about the game's "harshness".

This is ridiculous and sad as well considering the fact that no matter what you will realize that you've made a mistake about this game.

Even though I'm fairly new to the game and forums I have to say: GTFO this game is not for whiners who can't stand a little hardcore action.

Although I've gotten majorly raped and killed by a couple of strangers, I keep having fun playing this game and enjoying it as well and so should you.

Everybody has an opinion and i respect it. So you do what you want. I just wanted to state my thought about this thread for a couple of days now.
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 09:33:28 am »

Everybody has an opinion and i respect it.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 10:37:39 am »

there are other fonline engine based games, check them out. some are in beta, like Desert Europe, some are still developing like Wasteland 2155, some are only using the engine, but they are making a new game like Surface Dwellers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.