"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:32:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FOnline as a social game.  (Read 4401 times)

avv

Re: Should be a Fonline social game?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:56 pm »

Sadly there will be no good social in this game without large changes.  Because truthfully it doesn't rely on how you act, but on how others act, and the majority of 'others' is a much a lulz seeking power build punks with nothing better to do than blow you away (or steal your shit, or grief you at a vender) rather than talk to you.  I honestly miss meeting good people in towns.

Good people aren't in towns. They are on worldmap, encounters or anywhere else grinding or just waiting for something to happen. When good person has to go to town, he enters it, gets what he needs and leaves instantly. There is no profit idling inside.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 04:15:52 pm »

The problem is simple, but huge and unavoidable:
Why do you want to be "social" with players when you can get killed/robbed/both by those players and there is almost 0 reward for being nice and almost 0 punishment for just killing you and taking all your stuff?
Without any rules and "safe zones" there is no way this game will have player interaction other than "me shoot you, haha".
<Izual> Let's crash server

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 04:31:46 pm »

there is almost 0 reward for being nice
There is satisfaction you've helped some noobs not to ragequit immediately.

However pwning them for teh lulz roleplaying a raider is much easier of course.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

avv

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:36 pm »

Why do you want to be "social" with players when you can get killed/robbed/both by those players and there is almost 0 reward for being nice and almost 0 punishment for just killing you and taking all your stuff?
Without any rules and "safe zones" there is no way this game will have player interaction other than "me shoot you, haha".

This is talk of loner who hasn't met people to trust. There's plenty of people to trust but they sure as hell aren't in ncr or randomly encounter you anywhere. Most recruiting happens through irc and forums.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 06:33:09 pm »

The every man for himself atmosphere is what makes this game feel post apocalyptic

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 09:05:15 pm »

The satisfaction you get for helping people is good reward enough. You are right that the nonexistent punishment for killing a random player/npc is really bad.

Global karma would be something so nice. If someone wants to play as an evil guy, I don't think he/she would even complain about the negative karma. Negative karma could give you access to things you wouldn't get with positive karma and vice versa.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 09:20:02 pm »

Global karma would be something so nice. If someone wants to play as an evil guy, I don't think he/she would even complain about the negative karma.
Own3d VC Patrol's Revenge:

I can't really complain, I hate VC anyway :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 09:35:03 pm »

It was said already, but I'll say this again. Its all about exp stuff, and fun.
You can have more fun playing together, but only at PVP, at grinding , better is solo, at farming solo aswell is better (because you don't need to share stuff ).
If Devs could make somethig with shared exp and more loot for wandering together, then it would make game more social, and PLAYABLE.
h
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 08:12:07 am »

Good people aren't in towns. They are on worldmap, encounters or anywhere else grinding or just waiting for something to happen. When good person has to go to town, he enters it, gets what he needs and leaves instantly. There is no profit idling inside.

Well that is true but good people aren't in the wastes either, I've had 26 encounters with other players in the wasteland and only 2 of them were someone not trying to kill me.

As far as the going it alone, dog eat dog mentality someone spoke of being the post apoc way of life, that only works for the very basic essentials of life.  If you go it alone you find a place, you set up some food source, a way to defend yourself and that's basically it, unless you're crazy you don't go willy nilly around looking for old tech and diving into caves, you tend to yourself and you survive.  This isn't Wasteland Sims.  If you truly want to get anywhere or achieve anything in the wastes you have to have like minded people, and the more the better.  The distrust is something that is true to the wastes, but in the end you have to find people you can trust or achieve next to nothing and die alone.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:37:32 pm by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Should FOnline be a social game?
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 08:33:37 am »

Edited the OP title. Each thread title in questionable english will be deleted from now on.

Prometheus Pithras

• Blues, Blues Never Change
    • Black Metal Radio
Re: FOnline as a social game.
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 07:21:00 am »

There once was a beautiful and prosperous time where they had 500 or more players without the need to proxy, but what has happened! that number fell tragically .. the reason? remains at the discretion of each new to be "beta testers" and in the minds of the old players

[img]http://oi43.tinypic.com/nmcnly.jpg[/img

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9Zm8qBT-U[
Re: FOnline as a social game.
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2012, 09:31:46 pm »

hey im new here, i registered for fonline but how do i join a server with y'all?? please help

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 12:23:31 am »

There is satisfaction you've helped some noobs not to ragequit immediately.

there was a time, my main goal was helping especially new players, understanding main gamemechanics of fonline.
and just imagine, while looking for new players to help with building a tent and such things - everyone just told me wichura already had helped em out and is such a nice guy ^^ thats da fucking truth lol..

you're a very busy guy wichura!  :-*
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.