"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:32:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Slavers Redone  (Read 1018 times)

Slavers Redone
« on: January 17, 2012, 02:32:16 am »

Solar mentioned planning on gimping the slave run amount of cash possible which I find perfectly reasonable if a few other things are changed with slaving.

1.  Reward for selling a slave to Metzger/Vortis should still include the current amount of caps given, should give you the rope back and possibly a jet or something along those lines.  (As it is now the reward for selling a slave is basically the same worth as the damn rope)
2.  This bit makes it harder but you should have to have 200ish rep with slavers to actually do the slave run as selling 2 slaves and being able to do it is kind of a joke
3.  If you choose to continue increasing your rep with slavers to a very high amount the slave run should become better.  (Junkies, Tribals, Weak Caravan, Strong Caravan, some cities patrol, the amount given per captured one should be based on the type of slave captured during the slave run not be a base amount per person as I believe it is now)
4.  If you choose to get your rep up to 500ish you have the option of getting a companion that can enslave one/two more NPCS than is currently allowed.  (Two would be preferable as you can actually have a decent stock to sell to people.)
5. Slaver encounters stop attacking their own after a little time has passed.
6. Slavers protect their own in the Den if they are attacked first, but will not protect if you attacked someone first.
7.  Talked about before but some type of slave pen, possibly granted by Metzger/Vortis if your reputation exceeds 1000 with them that can hold 5 slaves in it at a time.  (If you don't want to make a map (although a sexy one exists) simply have Metzger/Vortis with another dialogue option that allows you to deposit/withdraw slaves exactly how you sell them)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:39:47 am by Slaver Snipe »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Slavers Redone
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:07:10 am »

1.  Reward for selling a slave to Metzger/Vortis should still include the current amount of caps given, should give you the rope back and possibly a jet or something along those lines.  (As it is now the reward for selling a slave is basically the same worth as the damn rope)
LOL I know, it is funny, but you can always just make the rope yourself, 1 fiber is 1 rope now so :).     I agree though, but slave run like i mentioned in a different thread should still give you 'SOME" caps but split it by having jet as part of the reward.

2.  This bit makes it harder but you should have to have 200ish rep with slavers to actually do the slave run as selling 2 slaves and being able to do it is kind of a joke
  indeed.

3.  If you choose to continue increasing your rep with slavers to a very high amount the slave run should become better.  (Junkies, Tribals, Weak Caravan, Strong Caravan, some cities patrol, the amount given per captured one should be based on the type of slave captured during the slave run not be a base amount per person as I believe it is now)
  Ehhhh...  I'm iffy on this.  Give some values for these.  If you think it should still be random nonetheless with only chance to be better hell no.  :P

4.  If you choose to get your rep up to 500ish you have the option of getting a companion that can enslave one/two more NPCS than is currently allowed.  (Two would be preferable as you can actually have a decent stock to sell to people.)
Don't normal companions already do that?  I'm pretty sure but I can't prove it because slaves disappear..........

5. Slaver encounters stop attacking their own after a little time has passed.
Yes! Please!

6. Slavers protect their own in the Den if they are attacked first, but will not protect if you attacked someone first.
Yes, yes, yes, also, militia should automatically protect them.  (if gang in control attacks the slaver, only slavers npcs should protect, militia should ignore.  After-all, Metzger already has a crew there to control the town, he doesn't really need you, your just extra insurance.  He'd care about his own more).  But I think this could be exploited some way, scouting maybe?

7.  Talked about before but some type of slave pen, possibly granted by Metzger/Vortis if your reputation exceeds 1000 with them that can hold 5 slaves in it at a time.  (If you don't want to make a map (although a sexy one exists) simply have Metzger/Vortis with another dialogue option that allows you to deposit/withdraw slaves exactly how you sell them)
either way would be nice, and you could grab from from vortis or vault city.  ( I KNOW, unrealistic as fuck but still...  you could put it as description of slave and he simply gives you one similar.  still same slave but  ingame it is thought as a different but similar slave?)

Also, after each slave run is completed it only takes away a "SET AMOUNT" instead of automatically taking it down to 150.  so continually gaining reputation is viable without having to totally ditch slave runs. 

Each slave run = -50 reputation with slavers guild?

AND FIX THE SLAVE/BRAHMIN DISAPPEAR ACT  PRETTY PLEASE??!!!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:10:45 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:20:10 am »

AFAIK companions only give one slave slot.  Actually thinking about it maybe it should be a current companion of yours that can get the slaver tatoo and then enslave 2 more NPCS.  (Would still require high slaver rep to for them to trust you enough for a friend of yours to become one)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:24:26 am by Slaver Snipe »

avv

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:48:28 am »

When non-members sell slaves to metzger it should provide influence for the gang who is gaining influence there. Slave reward could be upped too since Den is unsafe town and its controllers and visitors are unpredictable.

Bad idea because then people will just make slaver alt-spy who scouts the enemy during tc. Whoever shoots him gets the town after him. Npcs must not interfere with player to player interactions because they are unable to do advanced thinking.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 06:23:25 pm »

Okay then, at least make it, where you are protected from people, that are not part of the gang with largest influence.  Influential gang could still rape you for lulz and loot, but you would be protected from random dicks jumping you (as long as you're around a metzger guard of course.

I mean, it's still a place of business.  if someone was comin with a "package" and you're clients were always getting gunned down right outside the establishment you'd prolly place a few guards around the place to keep em from getting killed right?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 3.674 seconds with 21 queries.