"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 09:28:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: MY BODY IS READY!  (Read 15349 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: MY BODY IS READY!
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »

wat
It seems to be a totally different game, in almost every aspect, so I just assumed they changed the engine in some way.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 11:11:58 pm »

They started with the old engine, and then rebuilt it almost from scratch but it isn't all new.  (If they hadn't changed the engine I doubt I would have even accepted it from my brother)
Don't forget, dragons are easy, it's the giants you have to worry about  ;D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 11:13:53 pm »

Don't forget, dragons are easy, it's the giants you have to worry about  ;D
hahahah yeah, I was travellin around after I ditched the stormcloak guy and saw these two mammoths and a giant dude.  Figured I'd jack their shit up for lulz and it only took one bloody hit in "adept" difficulty to send my flying with only half a face left.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 11:32:19 pm »

Mammoth > Dragon
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 01:05:41 am »

draugr boss on expert > dragon on expert

Didn't try mammoth or giants yet. Still killing every imperial I see - for sovengard!)

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 03:06:36 am »

Can't believe you got trolled by Surf! This game engine is very modular and works on many platforms. Although still CPU limited and doesn't show much improvement using more than 2 threads. There was obvious updates to graphics if you're in that sort of thing for immersion. One of the new settings 'world shadows' can kill your FPS. They introduced FXAA into Skyrim because their current HDR methods conflict with normal driver based AA. No doubt wannabe modders are going to use high res 'photorealistic' textures that eat into vram and thinking they will top Bethesda's artists. =p

Well maybe in future patches they will give us the promised infinite quests.
power

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 04:09:01 am »

Well maybe in future patches they will give us the promised infinite quests.

there are infinite. the jarl stewards quest repeat and such.
also there are many quest if you think you have done them all rethink and go look round i can tell you right now you missed alot. i been playing alot and i must say everytime i do 1 quest 3 more appear. i have not even really looked around at all the counties and towns. the citys i vist all the time am still getting new quest. alot of quest very much fun.
I AM THE DRAGONBORN.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 06:44:26 am »

draugr boss on expert > dragon on expert
Draugr can be at least perma bashed, 1st I was playing for thief-based character with dual knives, it was really hard as creatures in Skyrim almost never stand still and watching in one direction, so it almost impossible to sneak to them if there're no rocks/walls/barrels around. I disliked it so much that I tried to play for shield+one handed, and it's almost like exploit, if you're 1v1, your opponent can't do anything at all, your only problem is stamina, you need to increase it every level, forget about health and magicka. After dying many times against draugr boss by my thief, I was afraid to fight him with my 2nd character, but... when he got up from his grave, he didn't even shown his weapon to me, 1st I bashed him, then did 2 strikes, then again and again and again and again until he died. Also you don't even need any skills in it, you can bash with 15 block easily and without any perks. Power bash perk looked nice at 1st, but no, it has too long animation, you can't do 2 strikes +power bash, as enemy can block it and then you'll need to wait till he recoil/stop blocking to start bash-strike cycle again. Also never do power attacks with your main weapon, spend all stamina on imba bashes. If you're fighting against >1 opponents, then you need to be mobile and hide from others while fighting with one or to keep others in bash and fight only one, but it requires really fast reaction and high FPS, as if you have lags it'll be really hard to hit someone with a shield. Oh and also those beautiful fatalities when you hit stunned opponent, when I played for dual wielding thief I never seen any fatalities at all, while with shield you'll kill almost everyone with 1 strike, if he's double stunned (recoiled from your block and then you also stunned him).

About dragons, it's really annoying to wait till stop flying around land to the ground so you can start bash and strike him until he dies. ;p

So you can just run around naked with a shield and a sword and bash+2 strikes everyone. I also need to get 100 block skill and see all other perks, may be charge with sprint into someone with a shield is good thing too.

Also if you need to train sneak skill, find unkillable (important) NPC, and backstab him over and over, he will resurrect and you won't get any bounty on your head, if noone saw you while you were backstabbing. Only once I accidentally broke AI of one NPC by this way and he, like Sha Enin, was chasing me even after death (I had no bounty and guards ignored his punches on me), so I had to load latest save.
Also smithing skill increasing should be reworked too, based on materials used on crafting, as you can raise it to max number really fast by crafting iron daggers over and over.

Need to wait for construction set release to create own hardcore mod.

Edit:
Damn, I forgot what I wanted to post:
1) I have wooden PC, if you have it too and want to play with less lags you should consider to use this .ddl:
http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=123
It helped me a lot and decreased lags.
2) Also, can't find a link on nexus about this info, but you can add in your Skyrim.ini (default path: My documents/My games/Skyrim) those lines:

[Papyrus]
iMinMemoryPageSize=100000
iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1800000000

Also I'm playing on 800x600 resolution and all settings on low except for "Actor fade", to see NPCs from long distance. I have little lags only in some places which are full of little objects (damn bethesda mappers) or a lot lights.
Hope it'll help wooden PC users.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:25:54 am by RavenousRat »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 09:25:24 am »

It seems to be a totally different game, in almost every aspect,

I would be very interested what aspects exactly are "totally" different and not exactly the same like in Oblivion.

so I just assumed they changed the engine in some way.

They didn't. It's the same fucking Gamebryo Engine all over, with the same flaws, errors and what not. The only reason they changed the name to "Creation" is, that Emergent Game Technologies (the developer of the Gamebryo Framework) fired lots of people and it's very unlikely the base framework gets further developed. Furthermore, as they even said in interviews, people started to become wary of the "Gamebryo" engine in the incarnation Bethesda used for ages already, so they changed the name so that people think it's something totally new (which apparently seems to work reading this thread) - just the same like they did with that "Radiant" crap with a slightly different name this time - omfg it's totally new! The only additions to the engine I've seen is the new lighting system, the LOD rendering and some performance tweaks. Totally new engine! 

Quote from: Y0ssarian
This game engine is very modular and works on many platforms.

What kind of "argument" is that? Wow, it works on many platforms, just like pretty much every modern gaming engine these days! And it's modular! This is totally new, since all the other Gamebryo games before weren't easy to expand/tweak mod upon, right? Oh...

Oh, how could I miss this gem of a post:

Quote from: JohnnyBravo
And no, no matter whether it was TES series, Baldur's Gate, Ultima, Fallout or arbitrary dungeon crawler, numbers were never the reason why the game was fun.

They were not the reason, but the very system these games were built upon.  ::) Take away your befeared numbers and you have some adventure games at best, or some very boring pixel hunting or "who clicks the fastest wins". Elaborate character sheets as abstractions to what your character can do in the game have been a stable in RPG since the roots of wargames or similar tabletop games. They emulate how well your character can handle different situations without relying on the players skill, rather than the characters skill. Without that abstraction you can twitch your way through the game, create arbitrary self imposed limitations, or just "imagine" stuff into the game which isn't even presented by game mechanics - which to some people apparently is "roleplaying". Reading your posts I start to believe you are aswell larping your way through those games and create such stuff on the fly.

but good games always made player feel happy from his accomplishments without having him dig through numbers.

Yes, just like games in every other genre make the player feel happy because of his accomplishments. Amazing argument.

For record I think the actually best experience ever in computer game I had was when playing Stonekeep, where only numbers you could see were your health and charges on your runecasters.

Ok, let's turn this amazing logic backward!

Super Mario Bros. 3 - GOTY RPG of 1990

It's a supercool RPG. It doesn't require the player to dig through lots of numbers, only has the life-bar on the screen!
While you rescue the princess you can imagine in your head that Marios wonderland is facing some plumber crisis, Mario doesn't have lots of money anymore and the princess tried to whore herself out to Bowser for money! Or you can roleplay that Mario is very evil and wants to exterminate all beast specieses by jumping on their head! The possibilities are endless, no numbers are in your way if you want to roleplay. It doesn't require boring character stats, all that counts is the player and his twitch skill. And oh, the game also makes the player feel some accomplishments while he progresses through the game. Truely an amazing RPG.

Quote from: JohnnyBravo
Something like what can be done today with graphics.

There is a difference between entirely taking away those numbers and mechanics to dumb down the game even further , or to just alter the way those stats are displayed while they still remain in the framework. But ofcourse it's just easier to scrap a system, instead of actually improving it and making those "numbers" work better in the given system. Also, "numbers r teh complicated" and they stand in the way of players wanting to larp through the games!

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 10:03:21 am »

I would be very interested what aspects exactly are "totally" different and not exactly the same like in Oblivion.

The only additions to the engine I've seen is the new lighting system, the LOD rendering and some performance tweaks.

Rofl you owned yourself. xD xD XD
Are you playing on low/medium settings? Get a good computer and set the shadows on Ultra then come back.
And change regardless of calibre is still a change so I'm not understanding your logic and why you're hanging on the graphics. It's the gameplay that needs a good fuss'n over.

edit: Well with Surf's reasoning I guess Rage's engine is basically the same crap engine from the 90s.. and Portal 2. GG, we're being sold old code from decades ago that's been worked continously! Totally new engines with a slightly different name! 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:10:29 am by Y0ssarian »
power

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2011, 10:09:16 am »

Hm yes, very interesting. We were talking about that they used an entirely new engine, which is a lie. They only added a new lighting system. But sure thing, go on.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2011, 10:11:49 am »

Wait, Surf, my good man... It's 4:00 am in the morning and I've been drinking alot. Where did I say Bethesda used an entirely new game engine for Skyrim?
power

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2011, 10:15:53 am »

Wait, Surf, my good man... It's 4:00 am in the morning and I've been drinking alot. Where did I say Bethesda used an entirely new game engine for Skyrim?

I responded to Michelh139, you may sober up before you put false assumptions into my posts? Or just read the thread and the messages I have been responding to.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2011, 10:20:11 am »

'We' is very vague when you are responding to my post. I'm sorry for such an error but nevertheless he was technically right because the developers did change the game engine. Unless you're blind and can't see the graphical differences between Oblivion and Skyrim.  :P
power
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2011, 11:55:23 am »

wow being a vampire sucks donkey dicks, I went to Whiterun and everybody started yelling "VAMPIRE, BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!" and then I wiped out entire city :v
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.