"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:17:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 3294 times)

Re: Discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 03:55:10 am »

finally...

this is the answer :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:57:55 am by Who Killed Bambi »

Let the Force be with You.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 04:26:08 am »

Fallout teached me English(along with some cartoons in english)
Me too, and i also learned most of my english spelling from Fallout3 and Oblivion. But its ugly when a teacher tells you that speak "da" "pal" "cus" "a want yia" its all wrong.
Mexicans will never speak english properly, we will always make some type of chicano-cuban stuff. And USA guys will laugh of us, and people from others countryes will say that our acent is "funny".

Im amazed that nobody talk about one of the most important reasons to play: WIN...win what? it doesnt matter really, its just that funny feeling of make something that other people can't, like when you are above of a bluesuit after kill him.
I personally dont like that idea, exept while im playing Gears of War 3 just to show those idiot fans that a hater of the game is the best player of Oaxaca. ;D
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 08:59:00 am »

When i was very young child, computer games was something that ease you to learn how to use computers. My first computer was Sinclair ZX Spectrum Plus and every game (program) was loaded on audio tape :). That time and old 386, 486 DOS or early win 95 era was my best in pc games perspective. My hardware was old and i was very happy if i edited autoexec.bat and config.sys so my computer was able to run new games. I remember the first multiplaying in our school, doom, warcraft 1, netwars :)

I dont like (most of) new games, it is all about graphics, almost straigh walktrough from first mission to the epic end.. Maybe i am old and nostalgic, youngest players can feel the same for current sort of games. But still, i think that editing your system configuration, borrowing 2 MB of RAM from my mother work computer (so i had 6 MB RAM!!!!) was computer pioneering :) (I dont get it. At my win 7 asus eee, aplication that shows me on display if caps lock or num lock is on or off has 2,7 MB in ram, WTF? :) ).

At this summer, my (4 years old games compatible) notebook died and i decide to not buy new hardware for games, so i have ION Intel atom netbook atm. I played few old games during this summer, games i did not ever test, and i am satisfied. Panzer General 2, Mech Wariror Gold. I will wait with buying new hardware for next Half Life or Fallout, but thats all.

P.S.: Any idea of "good old adventure" game?
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 09:42:36 am »

I usally play games to try out different things that aren't avaible for me in real life: flying a jet/helicopter, having a shootout, going through WW2, travel through space, be right in the middle of epic battles of the history(or fictional epic battles :)) and witness paranormal things that creep the shit out of me. I know it doesnt match the real thing even a slightest when you experienced the real thing, but i never did/want to in most cases, so thats enough.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 11:07:26 pm »

P.S.: Any idea of "good old adventure" game?
Depends on the kind of adventure.
if you feel that the time for a good laugh has come, The Secret Of Monkey Island, or Monkey Island 2. If you feel more like serious, Full Throttle. Both are old LucasArts graphical adventures, the "bad" part is that you need an emulator (SCUMMVM) to run them.
Warcraft 2 for the strategic day, Daggerfall for the roleplayer (both DOSBox) Jagged Alliance 2 for the tactician/anyone else (runs on Windows 7, atleast Gold Version patched up to 1.13).
If you prefer something else, right now my memory fails :P
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.483 seconds with 22 queries.