"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 28, 2024, 08:19:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Mutilator's guide to HTH builds  (Read 18248 times)

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
Re: Mutilator's guide to HTH builds
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 03:36:54 am »

greate. it really helps. thanks a lot)

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 05:43:25 am »

"Bonus HtH Damage" this worth? I mean only add +2 to damage...   :-\
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 05:50:41 am »

"Bonus HtH Damage" this worth? I mean only add +2 to damage...   :-\

+6 damage added to the other +9 ends up being twice the damage you would do otherwise.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 05:57:49 am »

+6 damage added to the other +9 ends up being twice the damage you would do otherwise.
Hmm  I'm sorry, +9 from what?  :-[
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 07:29:25 am »

where are you from youkai? i notice that is ergo proxy ^^
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 07:35:33 am »

Hmm  I'm sorry, +9 from what?  :-[

6 from the perk, 4 from heavy handed and 5 from having 10 str.

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 01:05:45 pm »

You don't get the additional + to damage and crit bonus from using named attacks like haymaker and piercing fist when using unarmed weapons. So when you use brass knuckles you do less damage because they do 2-5 so it lowers the amount you do significantly. Power fist does 12-24 so it outweighs the 7 dmg you lose from using the item. The bonus to hth on your character sheet does stack with it though so it should be possible to do like 27-39 per hit with hth damage x 3, heavy handed and the str bonus. As for fast shot, its affected more things since last wipe.

Another tip for low level players, if you equip a rock and scroll to the punch attack it will take 1 ap less to punch, so you can hit 10 times a turn at lvl 1. This is less beneficial at high levels but at the start you should be able to kill most critters.

Ok, no bonus dmg and crit if using any weapons, and what about armor penetration? (or equipping even power fists disables any "special attacks" like palm strike etc.?)

and....where can i get rock? :D

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 02:36:40 pm »

6 from the perk, 4 from heavy handed and 5 from having 10 str.
Ty  ;D

where are you from youkai? i notice that is ergo proxy ^^
Brazil. And few people knows this anime (i guess)  :P
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 05:22:22 pm »

Every unarmed weapon works like an ordinary PUNCH attack. Not a STRONG PUNCH or any other kind.

Power fist does 12-24 so it outweighs the 7 dmg you lose from using the item. The bonus to hth on your character sheet does stack with it though so it should be possible to do like 27-39 per hit with hth damage x 3, heavy handed and the str bonus.

Bonus Melee Damage adds only to your max damage. So with 15 BMD you can have 12-39 with Power Fist or 20-55 with Mega Power Fist.
BHtHD adds 0-2 damage, that is just 1 damage more on average.
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 02:00:15 pm »

Nice guide, Mutilator!
I just wanna ask some questions you probably stumbled upon during your tests.
With 1 PE and let's say 6 STR, how much throwing skill should I have to throw sufficiently?
Also, the 130 maximum usable value is it same for both melee and unarmed?
Mega power fist and Ripper are both penetrating?
Is there a reason to prefer melee to unarmed or it's only a "visual" choice (speaking about non-crit build, 10 AP, fast shot)?
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 06:34:48 pm »

Nice guide, Mutilator!
I just wanna ask some questions you probably stumbled upon during your tests.
With 1 PE and let's say 6 STR, how much throwing skill should I have to throw sufficiently?
Also, the 130 maximum usable value is it same for both melee and unarmed?
Mega power fist and Ripper are both penetrating?
Is there a reason to prefer melee to unarmed or it's only a "visual" choice (speaking about non-crit build, 10 AP, fast shot)?

I've been having some problems with my 1 pe throwing build, for some reason the game thinks my range is nine despite the fact I can hit things at 15 fairly accurately. it just seems to stop showing the chance to hit past 9 hexes, no idea why since it's range is strength based(You need 3 str to get maximum range). Its -4% chance to hit per hex and at 128% I have an 80% chance to hit at 9 hexes, so I need another 39% in throwing to get maximum range at 95%(167%). The benefit of this is in encounters everything spawns in a big lump so lvling with grenades is fairly quick. Mega power fist are pretty much interchangeable with the ripper, but is rare/expensive where there are a million 0% det rippers in game and you can farm caves as the spawn on cannibals quite often. The downside to taking melee is that if you die you can't do anything until you get armed at a base where a hth char can still kill shit. 130% should also be the max for melee unless you are using a 2 range weapon but spears are terrible and take 4 ap, supersledge is fun but it's expensive and risky to use. Even so the worst case scenario is like 91% chance to hit if they have 10 agi and are in BA, and at that point you're probably about to get minigunned anyways.

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 06:44:39 pm »

Thanks a lot, that really helped. Anyway I picked unarmed, cause I have quite good supplies of MPFists (upgrades of the ones from encounters). My build based on your guide is working fine, I made like 6 lvls  since I wrote the question only by fighting without any equipment and using first aid + doctor when weakened and it's more fun than I expected (maybe also because of the Jinxed and 10 luck and watching enemies fall to the ground when they try to hurt my little boy :D).
PS: And of course, no illusions about PvP.. I will just hope, they will cripple arm. ;)
But these are the breaks
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 06:46:33 pm »

Best part about jinxed is watching PKers with low luck have their weapons blow up in their faces. Rocket/grenade/flamers bring the most lulz.

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 06:49:48 pm »

Best part about jinxed is watching PKers with low luck have their weapons blow up in their faces. Rocket/grenade/flamers bring the most lulz.
Yep, looking forward to seeing it. :) Also maybe you tried with 1 CH, you can't have any player following you, right? Not like it really matters, because my friends will probably stone me for the Jinxed, just curious.
EDIT: I know, there is this formula for followers, anyway with my 3 CH char I can have two slaves or one slave + one player following me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:52:32 pm by Raegann »
But these are the breaks
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 06:55:55 pm »

Not really sure since they changed the follower formula, still says I cant lead a group of two when im following someone else so i guess you need at least 2?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.