"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 04:26:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ungaurded, when in the act of stealing.  (Read 2188 times)

Re: Ungaurded, when in the act of stealing.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 12:10:37 pm »

Being stolen from requires a good deal of stupidity on the behalf of the victim. Dont stand around with pockets full of gear, problem solved.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 12:37:48 pm »

Or make everything hardcore, wait for veteran players to be bored and quit and cry "Why nobody plays :'{".
If people were not supposed to be any little safe in guarded towns they wouldn't begin their game near one.

Just deal with the fact it won't be gathering on 30secs anymore, and it's already been said that PvP stealing is going to be changed, and not in favor of pickpockets.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:39:27 pm by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 12:50:40 pm »

If people were not supposed to be any little safe in guarded towns they wouldn't begin their game near one.
I think it's still a -lot- safer in guarded towns. A pickpocket takes much less than a group of drugged killers, or stealth bursters that you get in Redding, Hills, or Reno. Also, you can easily counter them, there is even defense from bomb-planters, and if you don't stand on the grid with valuable equipment, you are even safe from suiciders.

If you feel thieves are the worst you have to deal, you are lucky, or even more green than me, who just came lately.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 04:32:33 pm »

If you feel thieves are the worst you have to deal, you are lucky, or even more green than me, who just came lately.
They are worst to deal with, besides suicide bombers, because there is absolutely no real way to defend yourself.  Wanna shop?  Too bad because there's a bastard who's going to harrass you out of everything you have or make you run away.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 04:42:14 pm »

I think there are more than one shops out there.

I found thievery very fun on both sides - even when they stole the 60 weak powder off me at the time when that was my best money-making method. ;D It definitely adds to the wasteland atmosphere. I think the game wouldn't be more fun neither for the thieves, nor for their victims if stealing would be any harder.

Also - wanna know the best way to counter such? Make your thief too. I bet after you get to 300%, none of your other characters will be pocketed again.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 21 queries.