"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:29:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: regarding stealing-thieving  (Read 1222 times)

regarding stealing-thieving
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:50:16 am »

This is what I think should be done regarding this skill. Each player should have a "poke" setting let's say. Should someone try and steal something from a player, that player can see that stealers name, obviously. The victim should be able to right click and select a "poke" option on that player. Should the stealer try and come zero hexes distance from the victim, he would automatically be pushed back if he attempts to steal ( if he just stands there, following ... it's his right to do it ).
About how many people can one player have "poked" ... is another matter. One should be enough ... perhaps two max. Obviously, the last people selected to be poked should be remembered/noted, and the old ones "depoked". To prevent exploits, I think it should have a cooldown (cooldown as in, cooldown from poking someone new). Not sure how big though.
Just a thought. Wanted to say something else, but I forgot. Meh, perhaps I'll rembember tomorrow.
I'd view this as added content, not replacing content ... the thing with guards etc etc to remain. ( although the red nickname for 2 hrs if "NO" players nor npcs noticed the steal is quite absurd. They should pass a skill check for anyone arround them ... perhaps, should it not cause lag ).

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Re: regarding stealing-thieving
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:28:52 am »

Yes. Something definitely needs to be done about known thieves that you can't do anything about. I don't think there should be a limit on how many people can poke one person, it should be that each player can poke two people on the map they're currently on and it clears once you leave the map.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 03:49:17 am »

you want to kill something already dead, oh you guys
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 05:21:02 am »

you want to kill something already dead, oh you guys
Before commenting like an ignorant brat, read and use what's left of your brain to understand what's being proposed. Then you'll understand that it's not about killing but reviving. If you're as lazy as nyan to read, then don't post at all.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:49:21 pm »

Of couse that's good and can be explained. But that's really bad for this skill... Thievery become useless, 'cause very good thief - famous thief, so everyone will "poke" him, so what he'll do? Nothing... I don't think that's good idea.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 03:04:10 pm »

So a good thief should be careful not to become too famous. That't logical. Not the worst idea on this forum :]
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 03:09:18 pm »

This should come only with disabling stealing animation.

And it might be a source of possible exploits (like blocking).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 03:12:23 pm by Archvile »

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:21:51 pm »

Well, it need not be a 'poking', just a block of using steal on the person that tagged you. Or automatic fail. As simple as that.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 05:13:31 pm »

Yeah, because in real life you always see person you'd like to see. Imagine that you tag me in real life and after a year I sneak from behind your back to steal your items yet you do know I'm there. You always know. That's preposterous and idiotic. Stealing needs some boostin not nerfin like that. The only thing you guys don't get is that what player sees is not what character sees. If you want to pose and look cool in towns you have to watch for thieves. It's just as simple as making one simple step. But hey, I'm a great gang leader so every other player who even looks in my direction should critically explode because I'm that aweome. Adding the poke thing, not talking bout possible exploits, would totally eliminate the sneak/surprise/shock element, which is one of the main techniques we use. When you walk through a crowded town and someone steals your phone while just passing by, you prolly won't notice. But with this thin ON thievery will be dead.

tl;dr just mark thief names red by yourself guys and watch out, simple

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 08:22:50 pm »

My bad, looks like I read sth that wasn't written :] Well, I would support such 'blocking' if it would last for about 5 min. Just when you feel (or know) that somebody is a thief, your char  could watch his/her moves. It is damn irritating to RUN AWAY from a thief, because EVERYONE knows that he is a thief and everybody SEES him/her stealing, but the skillcheck passes, so OFFICIALY noone can know that he is stealing...

...c'mon

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 12:05:43 am »

that's just what I said. Players sees it, character doesnt. Removing animation would do the job.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 22 queries.