"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 05:31:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Fall: Last Days of Gaia  (Read 2685 times)

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
The Fall: Last Days of Gaia
« on: July 02, 2011, 03:40:55 am »

So since fonline got very boring long ago, I've been playing other games (or none at surprisingly long periods).
Just now I finished a singleplayer game which might appeal to some of you - The Fall: Last Days of Gaia - so here goes my minireview.

Game is set in very falloutish universe, where unspecified enviromental disaster happened and shit got real. You command a group of adventurers who do quests and kill folks. In short, it's a cross between Fallout Tactics and Fallout, in a ratio like 3:2.
What I liked:
  • The story and universe is good, especially nice is the feeling of living world, where NPCs go around their stuff, sleep etc.
  • Guns
  • Some fun dialogues/quests and cultural references
  • Guns
  • It's RPG - character stats, item complexity and crafting...
  • Great music & sounds (guns!)
What I didn't like:
  • Somewhat clunky interface
  • Eventhough there is lots of sidequests and sidelocation, the game follows linear quest path, you can finish quests in various ways, main path in uninterrupted - low replayability
  • Sometimes crashed when saving game near map edge, corrupting the save file
  • Crafting could have some hints on recipes
  • At some points vehicle collision system really sucks
Overall I liked it quite a lot, though it of course doesn't reach the height of Fallout 1&2, it is kinda like better Fallout Tactics.

Official Trailer:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGgqiaDzKA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGgqiaDzKA</a>

Fun forum post with hilarious accusations of viral advertising and some background development stories: http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/archive/index.php/t-37556.html

Surf

• это моё.
Re: The Fall: Last Days of Gaia
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:51:47 am »

Yep, you already listed all its shortcomings and upsides. I played it back when it was released, but I was a bit too young and the game was bugged as hell. The polished version was released later but I already lost interest into it and rather played Fallout more... I should give it a try again, but I hate the music of this game with a passion, hm.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 04:03:27 am »

Shame you gotta buy it. Not that it doesn't look like it deserves to be a pay 2 play :P.   I'm a poor motherfucker, But I really really like these kind of games...  Cannot believe I haven't played Fallout Tactics yet, however this game seems far more promising considering it has actual RPG elements.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 09:56:49 am »

In it's latest version, the game is very good for a german game.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 10:39:14 am »

Nice one, looks kinda like Soldiers of Anarchy.

About this game, looks pretty nice, like combination of Soldiers of Anarchy and Fallout. I'll try to get it ASAP.
Oh and about this music, well this song (Darkseed - the Fall) sounds actually nice in this trailer, more it's very good song as for me, but I won't hear it ingame.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:42:31 pm by headshot »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 03:23:09 pm »

It's from Silver Style Entertainment who made Soldiers of Anarchy. The Fall uses the same (but improved) engine and even some graphics (models, textures, etc).

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »

Looks like Z: Steel Soldiers

White Eagle

• Kill 'em all
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 04:45:47 pm »

this game have multiplayer?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.